Bash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Outstanding yesterday, we know he has the heart of a lion but sometimes gives the ball the away cheaply, that's just him isn't it?

Yesterday he never lost the ball once, did sexy flicks, got decent crosses in and was just about unplayable. He's my player of the season by a country mile.

RCB is one of the first positions to strengthen if we get promoted. Persevering with him in the prem, would be the equivalence of starting Stancliffe against Liverpool in ‘90. Heart over head. He’s 31 in July, and if Sunderland get promoted this season, I’d be on the phone talking transfers. Even the most loyal of dogs get taken to the vets eventually.

RCB is one of the first positions to strengthen if we get promoted. Persevering with him in the prem, would be the equivalence of starting Stancliffe against Liverpool in ‘90. Heart over head. He’s 31 in July, and if Sunderland get promoted this season, I’d be on the phone talking transfers. Even the most loyal of dogs get taken to the vets eventually.

Reading that actually hurt my feelings...

Took me ages to work out who you were talking about
Couldn't disagree more

I honestly don’t know what position he’s been playing in the last couple of games? His engine is incredible, he has to be the fittest player at the club!

Credit goes out to Basham but Wilder has to take huge credit for intergrating players into a few different systems and getting the absolute best out of a lot of our players, including Basham.

Definitely keep him in the squad, covers 2,3 positions. Loves the club and deserves to be a part of it. But I do think that position should be upgraded. Bash effectively takes cranies' role in the squad.

Definitely keep him in the squad, covers 2,3 positions. Loves the club and deserves to be a part of it. But I do think that position should be upgraded. Bash effectively takes cranies' role in the squad.
Overlapping right and left centre back are such unusual positions that any replacement would need time to adapt...

I'd like a more detailed analysis, comparing him to Paul stancliffe is just clickbait

There are many positions in our team we'd need to upgrade before bash who isn't slow ,can pass is tactically adept enough to switch position in game ,can read the game and has the heart of a lion

Love Bash, he gets what it means to be a blade, a part of the family at the Lane.

Even if he looks abit unbalanced when he’s steaming across the pitch he seems to make it work and gets the system.

No doubt stays in the 11 for me if we do go up and at the very least he makes the 18.

Legend.

Many don't realise it now, but in years to come they will. He is the epitome of everything United that we should all love. Work your bollocks off, never stop running through walls, make the most of what skill you have. Other players have, and always will get us out of our seats with a bit more flare, but Bash personifies the bedrock of what makes us.

Love the bloke.

Last edited:
He’s literally one of one a couple of players in our squad to play premier league football before

He’s literally one of one a couple of players in our squad to play premier league football before

Nearly 10 years ago? There’s an obvious argument that suggests that if he was comfortable at that level, he wouldn’t have dropped to the 3rd tier to play his football.

Legend.

Many don't realise it now, but in years to come they will. He is the epitome of everything United that we should all love. Work your bollocks off, never stop running through walls, make the most of what skill you have. Other players have, and always will get us out of our seats with a bit more flare, but Bash personifies the bedrock of what makes us.

Love the bloke.

A flare will always get you out of your seat.

A bit of flair may do.

Bash has been fantastic since Wilder arrived. I love him.
He was fantastic before that. Called for him to be made Captain in midfield under Clough when most wanted him just as a centre back.
This thread will be noticeable however for the absence of one poster.

He was fantastic before that. Called for him to be made Captain in midfield under Clough when most wanted him just as a centre back.
This thread will be noticeable however for the absence of one poster.

Never really seen him as Captain material really, not sure why, but i don't see him being a leader in the same way that Billy, Fleck or Egan have that quality about them

Bashambauer: I still think of him as 'Bombscare' but can't disagree with any of the positive comments about him!
But would he be good enough for the Premier league Hmmm, let's see ;)

He epitomises United' s mental strength, bold play, team spirit and high intensity this season. You could add overachievement but at this point it sounds patronising. Definitely my player of the season and as several who,like me, have met him can attest an intelligent, personable bloke completely ready to engage with supporters. Surely we can at least manage a 'there's only one Chrissy Basham' chant.

Never really seen him as Captain material really, not sure why, but i don't see him being a leader in the same way that Billy, Fleck or Egan have that quality about them
Always thought he set the example to others with his actions and professionalism. May not be a vocal Captain enough but then again look at some we give the armband to when the starting Captain is subbed.

Always thought he set the example to others with his actions and professionalism. May not be a vocal Captain enough but then again look at some we give the armband to when the starting Captain is subbed.
I think you're right to an extent, he sets an example and is professional.

However, i don't think (and this isn't a slight on him) that he is structured enough in the way he plays. He's the player that you can stick anywhere and he'll do a job but not to lead.

Norwood seems to be the first choice when Billy goes off, I can see why.

RCB is one of many positions where we need to "add competition"/strengthen. A goalkeeper, a number 10 and a couple of full backs are arguably more important.

While I agree that Basham may struggle to adapt to the PL, your talk about selling him to Sunderland smacks of someone looking for attention.
He's been an integral part of a squad for nearly 3 years, to discard him so quickly, before giving him a chance to prove his ability shows an incredible lack of class.

You're either winding people up by saying something you don't really mean, or you're tragically disloyal.

Back
Top Bottom