Bash Porter all you want........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They were good chances, but they weren't open goals, should have scored at least one of them. We won and he was a key part of it, but because he's Porter everyone will have a pop at him.

View attachment 6586

Having just heard Clough's interview he said he and Miller came in because he didn't think Taylor and King kept hold of the ball well last week - something he was pleased with this week.

Cracking picture btw - wasn't snapped by you at the game was it?

he will be criticised because he is a very poor footballer as proven over hundreds of games.

A few could ask the question, "how many players have I thought were rubbish as we've dropped through the league's?".

Rose tinted specs are very obvious. They make you blind to what about 10 managers have clearly seen.

UTB
he just scored the winning goal

he just scored the winning goal

Agreed fella. Didn't really want to get sucked into this one tonight and don't know why I have. The facts say I'm right and Porter will never be a part of a successful team. I'm tiring of wallowing in the mediocrity.

But tonight Ill celebrate a win, with shed loads of real ale, thanks to Chris Porter.

:)

UTB

Agreed fella. Didn't really want to get sucked into this one tonight and don't know why I have. The facts say I'm right and Porter will never be a part of a successful team. I'm tiring of wallowing in the mediocrity.

But tonight Ill celebrate a win, with shed loads of real ale, thanks to Chris Porter.

:)

UTB
we're all tired of mediocrity, i just think him and miller tend to play well together... it has to be worth a bash?? i think king has had it

we're all tired of mediocrity, i just think him and miller tend to play well together... it has to be worth a bash?? i think king has had it

If this is as fit as King gets then I'm in agreement. He's been a much better player, an I still hope there's something left. The signs aren't good.

UTB

If this is as fit as King gets then I'm in agreement. He's been a much better player, an I still hope there's something left. The signs aren't good.

UTB
I've only seen the Coventry game on TV and the Crewe game live with King playing. I admit I wasnt that keen because of his shenanigans but I was as hypocritical as the next man when I heard what sounded like him powering through to score against Crawley on the commentary,thinking he'd found fitness but from what Ive seen he looks knackered. I dont think Porter is Messi and ive never been one to think a good shift justifies a place in the 11 but I think him with Miller (or if it has to be him, Taylor) is our best option for a 442Lets hope we can steady the ship with what we have until January because we sure as eggs need a good striker if we are to stay up.

UTB

I don't doubt he was a better player but from what he has shown and his utter inability to link up with anyone tells you he is a busted flush. Some of us have been saying it for a while. FFS how long does it take you to get fit when your job is to be in decent condition to start with.

Regards Porter. He scored a pen which is no great shakes and missed a few which isn't great either but we appear to have created more with him in the side. So for me he gets the nod next week.

I don't doubt he was a better player but from what he has shown and his utter inability to link up with anyone tells you he is a busted flush. Some of us have been saying it for a while. FFS how long does it take you to get fit when your job is to be in decent condition to start with.

Regards Porter. He scored a pen which is no great shakes and missed a few which isn't great either but we appear to have created more with him in the side. So for me he gets the nod next week.

I agree, in the main. I wouldn't write King off yet though. We can only hope he is getting fitter and / or reacts to getting dropped. The signs of one last payday look ominous though, sadly.

UTB

Nothing personal about Porter , but Jesus wept , not another stint with our saviour porter up top , why don' t we go the whole hog and get whats his name back from southampton no not the fat bloke from sheffield , only to be slated after missing a few sitters from the six yard box , which we all know will happen , the lads a tryer at best I 'd fuck king out as well , neither are going to get enough goals to keep us in this league ( is this really what we have to hope for ) , thought wier was a good appointment , but fuck me he wasted a lot of games , and has really left us in the shit . Well done Blades on digging out the win .

good win today, surprised to see Porter start but we won and he scored the winner so right decision by Clough.

im just happy we have options upfront now, baxter, taylor and king on the bench is strong reserves and porter and miller seem to be a good partnership.

we did have a good run with porter and miller together mid last season until the injury, perhaps , just perhaps it might be the short term answer

we scored 3 again , which to me is the most encouraging bit , and away from home against one of our current peers

If Porter is the answer then we haven't hit the bottom yet.

I still think Baxter (more craft) would be a better partner for Miller (better movement) and I am hoping we have a non league fixture in the next round so that he can give other people a try to get into this team. We seem to be falling back to the established players who have failed over the last couple of years.

As much as Porter scored the winner he could have cost us today and I know it's my opinion and it sounds harsh to some of you, however we have better players who should be playing infront of him or at least given a chance.

Having watched it, although on tv which i'd never trust judgement on, I thought he put the best performance of the season of any striker we have.

Just my opinion and yes I do want better.

Say as you see

Porter ,although limited in what he can do won everything today and only did not find his man for the lay off on two or three occasions. it was the main reasons our attacks kept flowing. I also thought he showed a lot of bottle to insist on taking the penalty after missing that sitter at 2.1

My man of the match regardless of the miss. Hiss work rate and effort today was a different class, he went for everything and won nods down on most of them. His movement was sensible and brought other players around him into the game and his hold up play was decent enough as well.

This is what some people cant understand. Sometimes when the football is going to be unattractive anyway it is useful to have a work horse in the team to graft his balls off in the final third of the pitch for you. While the ball is in the opposition box you have 1. more chance of scoring 2. less chance of conceding.

This is what I mean and the reason I set up this thread. Porter did more today than king has done with a great deal more playing time.

Porter and A N Other, no.

Porter and Miller, yes. They just seem to have something as a partnership and the facts show when they play together the team scores goals - regardless of the name that's on the sheet.

Porter worked his bollocks of yesterday, yes he missed an open goal but also had a header well saved. Its his hold up play and bringing other players into the game that works for me. If he could score as well as he could hold up he would be playing in the championship. Without getting arty farty Porter plays a bit of a pseudo striker role. he is neither an out and out striker, nor playing off the front man nor an attacking midfielder

On another note I thought Lappin had a great game, he seemed to be involved in everything

I still think Baxter (more craft) would be a better partner for Miller (better movement) .

With these two up front we would never hold the ball up and the opposition would keep coming back at us.

Agree that Porter isn't the answer but for me he is a better option than King(saying that thou I would be). I don't know who is available as a target man who we could afford but for me,this position is a priority

Porter and A N Other, no.

Porter and Miller, yes. They just seem to have something as a partnership and the facts show when they play together the team scores goals - regardless of the name that's on the sheet.
.......based on a just a handful of games. There's no such thing as magic, as we all know. A poor player is a poor player.

Arguably our best partnership right now, I accept. But that leaves us in trouble.

UTB

If we are a team that wants promotion then we need strikers who score goals.

Porter does not score goals.

.......based on a just a handful of games. There's no such thing as magic, as we all know. A poor player is a poor player.

Arguably our best partnership right now, I accept. But that leaves us in trouble.

UTB

We dont know it leaves us in trouble. This is the first time they have partnered each other all season and we have won our first away game in normal time. Im happy to stick with these two until proved its not working.

We dont know it leaves us in trouble. This is the first time they have partnered each other all season and we have won our first away game in normal time. Im happy to stick with these two until proved its not working.
I'm basing that from a view built up over many games and a long time. Fans are concession drawn into short term positives and negatives.

UTB

I'm basing that from a view built up over many games and a long time. Fans are concession drawn into short term positives and negatives.

UTB

Are you not basing that more on opinion of Porter though as opposed to a combination of Porter and Miller? We have had a lot of success when we've had them two up front together.

Back
Top Bottom