CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'll be seen as Ndiaye's replacement, as Slimane will be seen as Berge's replacement

I really hope TBlade is wrong about only 2 permanent signings - that would be so wasteful. But if it is to be 2 it would make sense if it was 2 to replace a couple of big players who are definitely leaving in a year
It’s 2 permanent 2 loan to buy.

It’s 2 permanent 2 loan to buy.
OBrien would hopefully become permanent but if we're only willing to loan him now, at the expense of another PL loan typically of a higher calibre, the budget might be even lower than rumoured

OBrien would hopefully become permanent but if we're only willing to loan him now, at the expense of another PL loan typically of a higher calibre, the budget might be even lower than rumoured
All 4 are foreign plus 2 prem loans

Payment plan for £4million. I'm all for trying to get good deals but this is the sort of shit that ends up with him going elsewhere. Like others have said, I'd rather pay a bit more upfront for these type of players than add in a 20% sell on clause that could potentially cost us 10 million one day.
If a 20% sell on costs us £10m, haven't we still banked £40m?
And somehow you think that's shit?

Has Traore declared for the Ivory Coast do we know? January might be a bad month for us as it would make 3 attackers absent.

If a 20% sell on costs us £10m, haven't we still banked £40m?
And somehow you think that's shit?
I didn't say it was shit. I said if we spend too long negotiating installments on a 4 million transfer that ultimately COULD jeopardise said transfer seems like a daft idea to me. Just because all transfers are apparently paid in installments these days doesn't mean they have to be does it. By all accounts Brondby don't want installments for Slimane for example.

My other point was if excessive negotiations are to avoid paying more up front, such as an extra 500k to get the deal done but then having to include a 20% sell on clause for example seems again like a daft idea.

I didn't say it was shit. I said if we spend too long negotiating installments on a 4 million transfer that ultimately COULD jeopardise said transfer seems like a daft idea to me. Just because all transfers are apparently paid in installments these days doesn't mean they have to be does it. By all accounts Brondby don't want installments for Slimane for example.

My other point was if excessive negotiations are to avoid paying more up front, such as an extra 500k to get the deal done but then having to include a 20% sell on clause for example seems again like a daft idea.
We pay instalment to help our cash flow (probably major cause of embargo) and as a recompense to selling club, we agree to sell on clause.
That's what negotiation is, otherwise you would probably pay the first asking price, which would probably be quite a bit higher.

We pay instalment to help our cash flow (probably major cause of embargo) and as a recompense to selling club, we agree to sell on clause.
That's what negotiation is, otherwise you would probably pay the first asking price, which would probably be quite a bit higher.
The whole point I was getting at is its £4million. Not £24 million.

Everyone is so cavalier with other peoples money!!

Fee was rumoured to be 5million a week or so ago. We have ‘potentially’ negotiated it down by a million quid in a week or so. For context that’s probably not far off traore’s salary FOR THE YEAR if he’s reportedly on 20k a week!

I for one am happy we are driving a hard bargain. Our funds are limited we should be making them work hard for us. Saving £500k is probably - about one loan fee we’d have to pay. We need to be smart about things

Last edited:
He'll be seen as Ndiaye's replacement, as Slimane will be seen as Berge's replacement

I really hope TBlade is wrong about only 2 permanent signings - that would be so wasteful. But if it is to be 2 it would make sense if it was 2 to replace a couple of big players who are definitely leaving in a year
In case you haven't watched/listened to it already...

Darren talks about how we already have Berge's replacement lined up if he goes this season. Apparently a young PL player with 1000+ minutes under his belt. He does mention he's not on par with Berge yet. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever find an N'Daiye replacement without spending crazy money

If any of them 2 leave they will be replaced with permanent signings but as it stands and if we keep the squad together these 2 are looking like only permanent this window. The other deals the majority will be with obligations and options to buy if we stay up.

In case you haven't watched/listened to it already...

Darren talks about how we already have Berge's replacement lined up if he goes this season. Apparently a young PL player with 1000+ minutes under his belt. He does mention he's not on par with Berge yet. Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever find an N'Daiye replacement without spending crazy money

Nope, not seen that, don't watch any of this stuff

So we're just lining this player up as if we're definitely going to be able to sign him? We should be signing Berge's replacement now.... and for me that should obviously be Will Smallbone

Ndiaye..... yep, we'd have to be very lucky to stumble on anything comparable. It'll likely be a case of replacing him with two players who between them offer similar things. Traore and someone like Chair from QPR, maybe. And try to strengthen in other areas to compensate (CM!!!)

So we're just lining this player up as if we're definitely going to be able to sign him? We should be signing Berge's replacement now.... and for me that should obviously be Will Smallbone

Ndiaye..... yep, we'd have to be very lucky to stumble on anything comparable. It'll likely be a case of replacing him with two players who between them offer similar things. Traore and someone like Chair from QPR, maybe. And try to strengthen in other areas to compensate (CM!!!)

We’ll have already spoken to both the player and their club. That’s how it works.

So we sign Berge’s replacement now, don’t sell Berge, don’t play his replacement and get relegated. Where does that leave anyone in this scenario

It's worth a watch, fundamentally he alludes to us throwing a large net and looking at up around 50 players based on availability now, available later, value and wages.

If any of them 2 leave they will be replaced with permanent signings but as it stands and if we keep the squad together these 2 are looking like only permanent this window. The other deals the majority will be with obligations and options to buy if we stay up.
Things always change later in the window so I think we're likely to pick up another permanent. But 3 still wouldn't be enough. If we go back down with no more than 2 or 3 permanent signings that'll be very disappointing and we'll have our hands full. Will at the very least have to hope for a lot of contract renewals - Baldock, Egan, McBurnie bare minimum

Back
Top Bottom