CONFIRMED Bénie Traoré

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No idea. How did Sheff Utd Way get the confidence of the Prince also ? It seems he identifies people among the fan base who he feels he can trust to communicate with the fans. To be fair it seems to work ok.
Does anyone know how this Darren fella got in bed with the Prince exactly?

I'm a simple fella so I'm going to say the obvious thing again; Sheff U Way/ Blades Ramble/Darren (and any others who've been courted by the prince or Dozy M anybody else) it's because of their large followings hence they have enough reach to put any info/propaganda out there quickly.

I don't want to seem to be harsh on anybody but NH's ITK makes me laugh.
Info comes out about United trying to sign Slimane - NH says yeah that's the guy I saw at the training ground a month ago. The only thing missing was a YHIHF.

Apparently this guy is not one of the 4 that we are after. Shame as he would cause havoc and be a real asset for us.

Info comes out about United trying to sign Slimane - NH says yeah that's the guy I saw at the training ground a month ago. The only thing missing was a YHIHF.
Journalist: who you trying to sign
Club: not telling you
Journalist: oh come on
Club: ok but don’t say owt
Journalist: I won’t
Club: nice one

*month passes

Journalist: I’ll tell them I knew about it now it’s all over twitter

With the Swedish season finishing near the end of the year, this might be an obvious one for January
Could well be based on when the seasons start and end, last weekend of the season in Sweden is the second weekend in November

They have however just come back off a 3 week break period where various clubs there have been making signings, I think Djurgarden brought at least 3 in over that period.

Problem is that with their season restarting on the 1st July, it coincides with when contracts run out over here so there still could be some legs in Traore coming and his absence- his day dying during that period seems like a mere coincidence. Bit like the January window in a way where teams are negotiating with players and getting deals donw while they're still midway through the season with their parent club.

Nathan Hummingbird is drifting into Sheffield Star levels of reporting lately.

Do you not think that perhaps NH would get access to less inside information if he broadcast everything before the club wanted him too?

It’s the way stuff works - once it gets out elsewhere they will be fine with him releasing some more details. But it’s a symbiotic relationship, that’s only going to work if both sides respect that way thay some stuff has to stay off record

The obvious thing about this to me is that we have £20m available now (the amount of debt bears this out) but since transfer fees tend to be spread out in installments this could easily equate to a £60m spend this window.

Two things. I’m not sure we have as much as £20m to spend on fees? Also, the state of our finances combined with such a tight hold on available transfer fee budget, I doubt very much PA will allow high value spend on fees regardless of longer term instalments.

The fact PA has just experienced that situation and suffered health issues as a consequence and decided to get shut of our club as a result, suggests to me no chance of a repeat

Two things. I’m not sure we have as much as £20m to spend on fees? Also, the state of our finances combined with such a tight hold on available transfer fee budget, I doubt very much PA will allow high value spend on fees regardless of longer term instalments.

The fact PA has just experienced that situation and suffered health issues as a consequence and decided to get shut of our club as a result, suggests to me no chance of a repeat
Health issues ?

Do you not think that perhaps NH would get access to less inside information if he broadcast everything before the club wanted him too?

It’s the way stuff works - once it gets out elsewhere they will be fine with him releasing some more details. But it’s a symbiotic relationship, that’s only going to work if both sides respect that way thay some stuff has to stay off record
I don't think he gets access at all any more than anybody else but to say it how he did was just a joke which was the point I was making.
If we signed Josh Sargent for example and I said I knew 2 months ago this was the Norwich player we'd enquired about because I saw him with PA at the Kenwood Hotel, nobody would believe it and rightly so.

As I understood it, PA had said that the financial situation at the club had caused him and his family a great deal of stress, hence the decision to sell up
We all have stressful times that's not an illness unless the stress persists after the resolution of the problem.
The way the prince reacted at the end of the WBA game tells its own story total release.
No doubt if the stress persists then an underlying problem.!

Apparently this guy is not one of the 4 that we are after. Shame as he would cause havoc and be a real asset for us.
I watched him play last weekend, which is the only game i’ve seen him play. I would say based on that performance I wouldn’t be at all upset if we didnt sign him, more the opposite for 4m.

He might have had an off day but if he’s having off days in the swedish top flight the prem is going to be x10 tougher.

I’m hoping it’s all paper talk with little substance.

Hearing any other names on the grapevine T?
You seem to be dialled in quite often.
I’m gonna hold off until it’s 100% set from now on otherwise you just end up looking like a mug lol. Like I said terms have all been agreed with the player and also his agent he wants to come we know the price hence why I said done prematurely. I’m just baffled why we haven’t pushed on with this especially when there’s a fair few clubs interested and him and Slimane are the only 2 permanents we are going for this window unless something changes. The other oversees we are trying for are loans one with an obligation to buy if we stay up the other with an option to buy but still being negotiated both defenders. Then obviously planning the 2 premier league loans which I think our first choices are O’Brien (Forest would rather sell him we want him on loan with buy option) and McAtee. Whatever though we need to speed things up and get on with things otherwise we’re gonna miss out on our first choice targets. The left wing back were after has other clubs in for him too so we need get these deals done.

I’m gonna hold off until it’s 100% set from now on otherwise you just end up looking like a mug lol. Like I said terms have all been agreed with the player and also his agent he wants to come we know the price hence why I said done prematurely. I’m just baffled why we haven’t pushed on with this especially when there’s a fair few clubs interested and him and Slimane are the only 2 permanents we are going for this window unless something changes. The other oversees we are trying for are loans one with an obligation to buy if we stay up the other with an option to buy but still being negotiated both defenders. Then obviously planning the 2 premier league loans which I think our first choices are O’Brien (Forest would rather sell him we want him on loan with buy option) and McAtee. Whatever though we need to speed things up and get on with things otherwise we’re gonna miss out on our first choice targets. The left wing back were after has other clubs in for him too so we need get these deals done.
Cheers for the info T but that’ll be a bit depressing if that’s the way it plays out it would leave the club with very little in the way of long term assets beyond the end of the season.

Cheers for the info T but that’ll be a bit depressing if that’s the way it plays out it would leave the club with very little in the way of long term assets beyond the end of the season.
I agree but that’s unfortunately the way we’re going this window.

I agree but that’s unfortunately the way we’re going this window.
What’s the thinking have you heard what we’re holding cash back for? Is it to cover the costs of running the club long term is there is no takeover

I read that the club is holding out for more money because there are so many clubs interested.
We might have been quite far down the line and they might have moved the goal posts.
Interestingly, he's apparently not one of the 4 coming in "soon" and never was, which is weird, it's almost like we knew they weren't going to accept our first few offers for him.

Some off it will be held back for new contracts off existing players but I just think we’re trying to be sensible and don’t want to get in the mess we got last time but I feel we need to be a little more ambitious. Just got to hope these new players are hidden gems. Hopefully January window will be different with new owners 🤞🏼

I read that the club is holding out for more money because there are so many clubs interested.
We might have been quite far down the line and they might have moved the goal posts.
Interestingly, he's apparently not one of the 4 coming in "soon" and never was, which is weird, it's almost like we knew they weren't going to accept our first few offers for him.
El Accounto claimed last night there have been no bids for him:

Some off it will be held back for new contracts off existing players but I just think we’re trying to be sensible and don’t want to get in the mess we got last time but I feel we need to be a little more ambitious. Just got to hope these new players are hidden gems. Hopefully January window will be different with new owners 🤞🏼
I’d be inclined to agree with you is not doing much business since relegation other than Anel has left us with a gap in the squad make up between the promising kids and the older players likely on their last deals at the lane. Given this is as wealthy as we’re likely to be for the foreseeable unless we’re taken over it would seem the ideal time to plug that gap. With the added bonus that players in that age group and under a decent amount of contract control normally fetch the highest fees which we may need down the line. Not arguing we should be going out spending massive fees but more than 2 permanent players through the door would just seem sensible

El Accounto claimed last night there have been no bids for him:

What!?
My positive side wants to read that as - someone needs to put a bid in (big enough) that they'll accept, and maybe we've already bid once or twice.
But realistically that sounds like nobody has put a bid in yet at all.
There were reports of a £5m bid in quite a few papers last week, where the hell do they get their shit from? And I won't name and shame the fans on here that claimed the same 😆

I’d be inclined to agree with you is not doing much business since relegation other than Anel has left us with a gap in the squad make up between the promising kids and the older players likely on their last deals at the lane. Given this is as wealthy as we’re likely to be for the foreseeable unless we’re taken over it would seem the ideal time to plug that gap. With the added bonus that players in that age group and under a decent amount of contract control normally fetch the highest fees which we may need down the line. Not arguing we should be going out spending massive fees but more than 2 permanent players through the door would just seem sensible

If we sign 2 permanent players, if we go down doesn’t that leave us with a squad of six or seven players? Unless of course we get some new deals in place.

If we sign 2 permanent players, if we go down doesn’t that leave us with a squad of six or seven players? Unless of course we get some new deals in place.
I don’t know who’s under contract beyond next summer currently? Anel, Fleck, Osborn, Norwood, Baldock, Egan, RND. Then are Bogle, Lowe and Mcburnie? After that it’s the kids minus Jebbo I think.

Back
Top Bottom