Auston Trusty next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you even want him as a back up?

• Yes

Votes: 225 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 220 49.4%

• Total voters

Looks better centrally in a 3. These players are way too good for him. Will he be okay in the championship?

Anel was good in the championship and terrible this season. Let’s hope Trusty is like this.
Anal was good for a third of the season after injury his frailties were plain to see

Hi Stegosaurus here

I thought he was going to be a decent signing. But he's shit./

i think trusty is another one we will move on yes big gap between the 2 leagues i know but just doesnt seem like trusty fits in here

Confirmed way out of his depth.

Too slow in both thought and foot, can’t read the games can’t defend one v ones, positional all over the place and worst of all a bomb scare with the ball.

Heading to the lower leagues, two would be a good start, see if he can do something there.

To think we signed JoC for £250k back in the good old days.

It’s unforgivable how far we have fallen defensively. Moore, Freeman, Bash, Jake Wright, JoC and Lafferty would have done far better this year than the dross we’ve had.

There are so many players we signed who clearly weren't Premier League standard that I feel it would be a bit harsh to automatically dismiss them for next season, when Championship football may well be their level. The only exception being Souza who can do one for me as I dislike his effort and attitude on the pitch. If you're going to point out everyone elses flaws then at least do things good yourself to warrant it.

For me Traore was the new Callum Robinson. Apologies for repeating myself. He was a pacey (allegedly), winger who had an impressive scoring record and we took a gamble that we might be able to utilise this in the Premier League. In Robinson's case we tried to turn him into a striker as we needed pace up top. Sadly in both cases we ended up with two wingers stuck in a team who don't use wingers.

I'm willing to give Trusty a clean slate next season. He's young and he's played at Championship level before, but his confidence is clearly rock bottom and he's had no one to help him out in games and talk him through them. Jack isn't vocal enough and neither is Anel.

He's been utterly abysmal and I don't see a situation where he's ever not a horrendous overpay on his fee.

But Jack Robinson dragged himself from where he was (almost unpickable) to being a competent Championship defender who could occasionally play above that. I suppose Trusty could do something similar and end up as an OK Championship starter.

But it'll need to be a huge improvement
A test for our defensive coach

It’s been said on many occasions, this team as a whole is not premier league standard. Championship level many are yes.
We need to avoid relegation again next season, and some of these players are good enough to avoid this, based on previous playing experience.
if as we suspect there isn’t going to be a pot of money available, we wont attract the players we all might want, or this club needs. Sometimes we need to be careful what we wish for.
in saying that we are in the crap if we end fighting another relegation battle.

Swap him for a bag of potatoes.
Get rid and bring in Cashin from Derby to replace him!

Coutts and Bashams performances in their first season weren't even in the same universe as what Anel, Trusty and Souza have turfed out this season.

The key defensive players in a team thats conceded 101 goals, are people still struggling to get their head round this?
Might not have been in the same universe (I think they were tbh), but they were still awful. You would have shipped them out and it would've been a mistake.

We've got a massive rebuild on with relatively few players under contract. There's no way we're going to try get rid of them, increasing the job needing to be done in the summer window. Particularly as the drop in level between the PL and Champ is immense.

Got to ask yourself how he was decent last season at Birmingham yet is rated as shite here? Yeah he is up against world class players but are we getting the best out of him playing 3-5-2 never having a settled defence all season hasn't helped any of our players either. Too early to dismiss him as not good enough.

Got to ask yourself how he was decent last season at Birmingham yet is rated as shite here? Yeah he is up against world class players but are we getting the best out of him playing 3-5-2

Birmingham played 3-5-2.

When I watched him in the last game of the season at St Andrews I saw no real strengths to his game and my overall feeling was 'he's the sort of defender you want to play against'. He's cemented that feeling this season

But we'll keep him, and he'll somehow end up starting 30 games. The most he should be for us is the 4th choice CB in a back 3

All depends how much you would sell
him for.

It’s not crime him not being up to the top level. It doesn’t mean he can’t be competent at the level below.

But if you got 3-5m for him then you’d probably be able to put it to good use elsewhere.

All depends how much you would sell
him for.

It’s not crime him not being up to the top level. It doesn’t mean he can’t be competent at the level below.

But if you got 3-5m for him then you’d probably be able to put it to good use elsewhere.
Exactly

There must be a player in there. Arsenal don’t just sign anyone and he was Birmingham’s player of the season last year. He’s only 25 too.

Only Jacky Robbo comes out of this season with any sort of credit, so I’d keep him on and give him next season. Besides, the only way we probably sell at this stage is if he goes back to the US.

Some players are shit in their first season, and then go on to be decent players, so it's always possible he turns it around (see Coutts and Basham).

The vast majority of players who are shit in the first season though, are shit the second season and every season after that, because most players who look shit for a full season are just shit (except youngsters which is different obviously). So I wouldn't be getting my hopes up, personally.

As with Grbic, it seems to be basic stuff he gets wrong, rather than bad form.

Don't think he is going anywhere. He was signed as a backup to Egan and Anel. The Prem was a step up too much too soon for him. Another season, at least in the Championship will help him. Saying he is the worst player ever or shit is lazy, basement writing. He is not he worst player signed this season, not shit, just not Premier league standard. He makes mistakes sure, the whole team made plenty of mistakes. Even ex-scapegoat JLT. His positioning at times has been poor at times very good. At this level any mistake gets punished, level down often doesn't. We buy Championship player quality and that is what you get. Some can adjust to the step up, some can not. Piling on a player who is not performing to our " high" expectations is wrong. If was half arsed then fair enough, but he puts in a hard working performance every week. Yesterday's goal for example. He followed his runner, moved out of the way to avoid running into Wes, got caught out by a clever chip from DCL and made to look bad. JLT didn't follow his man and gets a pass, for the most part, because of his past form. Sorry to rant but it drives me mad that one player gets singled out when he puts in the effort but others don't cause of their history. Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom