Atmosphere at the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Best place to get any kind of atmosphere going is G & H BLOCK in the south stand .
20/ 25 years it was rocking.
Very intimidating.
Away fans knew they were at the lane .

Yes early noughties it was a cauldron of noise on there and the kop followed. I think the club were forced to sanitize it. The atmosphere has really gone downhill.

Watch non league football.
It's passion and local pride.
No 40 50/ quid tickets no all seated , mo vsr no Brian from a hundred miles away there to moan all day.
Before Xmas I was at the portland in Chesterfield staying over 2 nights ..
A good 50 Barnet fans were in ...
They actually don't want the club in the football league, they love their lower keague travels ad we bales did in 81/82 .
Fantastic, loud and proud fans .

I used to be so enthralled about by crowd when I was nine…Now I just go to watch the football.

I think it was the quitest game i’ve heard all season across all leagues and competitions i’ve watched. We actually played some nice football as well so the excuse that the team has to play well for this to happen is a bit of a myth.
Quietest game ever in England eh? Have you watched pigs on tele. Or even Man Utd.

Quietest game ever in England eh? Have you watched pigs on tele. Or even Man Utd.
I actually watched some of their game on saturday with family as they support them (TV). It was fairly neutral/quiet atmosphere but ours was noticeably worse.

Same with all the other prem games. Bournemouth, Brentford and Arsenal all louder than our best performance of the season…

Our atmosphere is a myth right now. There are reasons for it being bad but i don’t think it’s ever been this bad. I think you would struggle to find a quiter football game than Sunday.

I’ve been to livelier funerals.

I actually watched some of their game on saturday with family as they support them (TV). It was fairly neutral/quiet atmosphere but ours was noticeably worse.

Same with all the other prem games. Bournemouth, Brentford and Arsenal all louder than our best performance of the season…

Our atmosphere is a myth right now. There are reasons for it being bad but i don’t think it’s ever been this bad. I think you would struggle to find a quiter football game than Sunday.

I’ve been to livelier funerals.
With hardly any wins I actually think most home games have been OK atmosphere.

Basically we are already in a an extended pre season preparation for next season.

With hardly any wins I actually think most home games have been OK atmosphere.

I have to disagree. I don’t think we will agree on this one.

Compared to how it used to be at best it’s been average-poor for me. It used to be a wall of noise and one of the best, if not the best in the country.

I can understand why it’s a shit atmosphere ATM and i’m not blaming people for it. But it doesn’t change the fact it’s bad. We actually had something to get excited about yesterday with good football (for us) but it didn’t seem to make any difference. There were huge spells of absolute silence where you could hear individuals coughing and shouting.

Was devoid of atmosphere.

I don't really understand what some people want/expect.

People talk about the atmospheres at games abroad, despite knowing that English football culture is not like that found in other countries. Any attempts to replicate European fan culture, such as the Fanatics at Palace or Union FS at Leicester, are often met with derision and accusations of being 'plastic'. God forbid anyone bring a drum to a game, despite it being commonplace at many grounds on the continent.

So what we want is people singing for 90 minutes regardless of the quality of football on display or weird kick off times, and it has to be completely organic because we don't do any of that plastic organised shite. Sound realistic to you?

Then of course you have people moaning about the atmosphere who will be sitting on the Family Stand or the BLUT. Basically sat looking over at the punters on the Kop and judging them for not being as loud as they'd like them to be. Naturally such people are doing fuck all to contribute to the atmosphere themselves.

This topic rears its head every few months or so. If you don't like it, maybe try to do something about it?

Great post. Sadly when anyone tries to "do something about it" the "fuck off and die" brigade rear their wankstain heads.

I have to disagree. I don’t think we will agree on this one.

Compared to how it used to be at best it’s been average-poor for me. It used to be a wall of noise and one of the best, if not the best in the country.

I can understand why it’s a shit atmosphere ATM and i’m not blaming people for it. But it doesn’t change the fact it’s bad. We actually had something to get excited about yesterday with good football (for us) but it didn’t seem to make any difference. There were huge spells of absolute silence where you could hear individuals coughing and shouting.

Was devoid of atmosphere.
I think 99% are in acceptance were relegated. If I didn't have a ST I'd even struggle to have the motivation to pay to watch us lose most weeks.

I got the impression that most fans reckoned the Luton result was the death knell for our season.

The fans seem resigned to relegation and it showed in the atmosphere today. Mind you, the atmosphere is pretty shit even at the best of times.

The Luton result will be it and not appointing Wilder sooner.

Back
Top Bottom