Match Thread Aston Villa v. Sheffield United - 17th June 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

David doesn't follow any domestic side but is an obsessive Scotland fan and follows the Scottish national side with more passion than any football fan I've ever met.
Read that and thought, Wilder would be a good fit as Scotland manager and they would get to the knock out stages of a tournament with him in charge.

why do i feel this is game alot like 1st game of the euros tournament. where we win this & we can get so much momentum

Reactions: Dkc
Hard working
Well organised

Made fucking mincemeat of them the last 3 times we've played them (even the draw) with some of the best football I've ever seen from us.

That 4-1 last season was pure magic.

Hard Working and Well Organised are exactly how I’d expect us to be described because it’s completely true.

Hard Working and Well Organised are exactly how I’d expect us to be described because it’s completely true.
Such a basic description undermines the innovative and incredible brand of football we play. It makes us out to be talentless triers. Atleast thats how I and a few other supporters see it.

I agree. But I can't help but hear 'tough northern cloggers' when other teams fans say it. It's almost like I'm programmed to hear it said in a patronising sort of way

Such a basic description undermines the innovative and incredible brand of football we play. It makes us out to be talentless triers. Atleast thats how I and a few other supporters see it.

It’s not a basic description, I think it’s exactly how Wilder would describe us.

Oh no, I agree. But I can't help but hear 'tough northern cloggers' when other teams fans say it. It's almost like I'm programmed to hear it said in a patronising sort of way

Hard Working and well organised doesn’t mean long ball cloggers though. It’s a compliment

Just realised
We have 4 home games left
Attendance for each will be zero, which means our average over the season will dip below 30k
Pigs will see this as a mechanism to tek piss when there is none.

Worked out the other week when this came up, that even with 4 games with zero attendees, our average for the season is still higher than Wensdeh's was pre-suspension.

I'm sure the attendance figures will stop at Norwich though with an asterisk for the history books.

Reactions: Dkc

Worked out the other week when this came up, that even with 4 games with zero attendees, our average for the season is still higher than Wensdeh's was pre-suspension.

I'm sure the attendance figures will stop at Norwich though with an asterisk for the history books.
Which none of the Wendies will read 😂

We need to start with a win to gain momentum ahead of our run-in. Your lot need the win for different reasons. Its like the start of a new season so previous form goes out of the window, but that's not to say you won't pick up where you left it. i just hope the fact that we need it more will spur us onto a villa win, but you've been much better than us in recent match ups so I'll go for a draw.

As for how you are perceived I would take it as a compliment that you are seen as well organised and hard working, because that's what you are. yes, you do also play some good football - not innovative as described earlier - but that's because the industry in your side gives your players the confidence and freedom to express themselves.

I also note someone referred to us as arrogant. Seems you do have our number after all.

We need to start with a win to gain momentum ahead of our run-in. Your lot need the win for different reasons. Its like the start of a new season so previous form goes out of the window, but that's not to say you won't pick up where you left it. i just hope the fact that we need it more will spur us onto a villa win, but you've been much better than us in recent match ups so I'll go for a draw.

As for how you are perceived I would take it as a compliment that you are seen as well organised and hard working, because that's what you are. yes, you do also play some good football - not innovative as described earlier - but that's because the industry in your side gives your players the confidence and freedom to express themselves.

I also note someone referred to us as arrogant. Seems you do have our number after all.
From your point of view a loss will be a big hit to take at the restart. You badly need to not lose, but that isn't necessarily going to help you.
I think we'll be on fire for this one and hard to handle.

I don't know about the arrogant thing tbh. Villas recent history is in the top fligjt and are a 'big club' so I suppose the expectation that you should be there from fans might come across like that? I think a prem with Villa in it is probbaly better, and I would rather see other teams go down. So all the best - after this week ;)

Oh dear me, some folk never learn......https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53049710

I'd like some advice please. I don't have Sky sports, but my son (Esteemed Forgeblade) does, so I have the chance to watch the game at his place. The problem is, over many years of watching the Blades on and off at his place on Sky, I have never seen us win. This has got beyond a joke, especially with last season's game at Villa Park. I like to think I'm not superstitious but..............
Shall I go and risk what seems like the inevitable, or not go and potentially break my Sky duck????
To confirm, he is coming to mine to watch the match. If it goes wrong, well, shit happens. I'm just really looking forward to watching United with my dad again :D :D :D

Wonder if the players will be travelling to Villa Park by coach on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning?

Don't they have to travel by car? I'd have thought Wednesday for what it's worth.

Hard Working and well organised doesn’t mean long ball cloggers though. It’s a compliment

The problem is that some people see those two descriptions as being mutually exclusive from having technical quality. Liverpool and Man City are all three but no-one ever describes them in the same terms as they do us.

Don't they have to travel by car? I'd have thought Wednesday for what it's worth.

If all the players have to travel to matches in separate cars and cant stay overnight at a hotel then I pity for Newcastle players travelling to Brighton on the 18th/19th July weekend!

Back
Top Bottom