Archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t think we will keep him

I don’t think we will spend the money needed in wages plus I think the Prince will want whatever money he has spent - back .

I think Archer will want and will get Prem footie probably with one of the newly promoted teams

I think we will be scrabbling round for a couple of cheap , on loan forwards . I think Jebbison and Macburnie will go and the owner will again be hacking his cost base to the minimum

There is no hope whatsoever of any progression or building for the future with this owner - imo

I hope I am totally wrong
100% agree with all of this.

The longer this owner sticks around, the more I worry about the immediate future and planning of our club. It could set us back years.

Well I'm certainly not devoted to defend him, so that's your first bit of emotional nonsense out of the way.

You might try to address the only point I did make in his defence though?
Wasn’t really suggesting, it was you who leaps to his defence, so if you thought I was getting at you, it wasn’t intentional.My fault for replying to your post instead of making it a general point.
I subscribe to the view, that the 2 stints in the Prem were largely achieved in spite of our owner,and not because of him.The first stint was largely due to Wilder, finding gems, and getting them to over perform.`Hope he can do that again next season, but worry, he can’t.The second stint he personally sabotaged in the close season, and on the eve of it’s start, by selling our best, after all the hard work,Hecky had put in, previously.I’m afraid I just don’t buy the guff, he comes out with, that promotion was obtained due to him hanging on to players, rather than selling them.If he’d had bids from Marseilles and Burnley in Jan, he would have sold.We’ll never know, unless Hecky tells all,but I guess it all depends on whether you believe anything that comes out of his mouth.Clearly, I don’t.
Yes, our stints in the Prem have been few and far between, but in my lifetime we’ve had other stints eg in the John `Harris, Bassett and even Warnock, era’s when we largely did ourselves credit.This clown who owns us, has dragged our name through the mud and made us a laughing stock.

Wasn’t really suggesting, it was you who leaps to his defence, so if you thought I was getting at you, it wasn’t intentional.My fault for replying to your post instead of making it a general point.
I subscribe to the view, that the 2 stints in the Prem were largely achieved in spite of our owner,and not because of him.The first stint was largely due to Wilder, finding gems, and getting them to over perform.`Hope he can do that again next season, but worry, he can’t.The second stint he personally sabotaged in the close season, and on the eve of it’s start, by selling our best, after all the hard work,Hecky had put in, previously.I’m afraid I just don’t buy the guff, he comes out with, that promotion was obtained due to him hanging on to players, rather than selling them.If he’d had bids from Marseilles and Burnley in Jan, he would have sold.We’ll never know, unless Hecky tells all,but I guess it all depends on whether you believe anything that comes out of his mouth.Clearly, I don’t.
Yes, our stints in the Prem have been few and far between, but in my lifetime we’ve had other stints eg in the John `Harris, Bassett and even Warnock, era’s when we largely did ourselves credit.This clown who owns us, has dragged our name through the mud and made us a laughing stock.
I accept that lots of what’s said is spin. He’s not rich enough to run a club like us, and he’s not interested enough to direct the ship accordingly. I’ve no doubt that the players would have gone earlier for the right money. But;

I’m sure the likes of McCabe, Brealey and McDonald would have sold much easier and sooner. In this case, holding onto those two players won us that promotion.

Somehow keep Archer if Villa decide to do us a cut price deal and then loan Akpom from Ajax. Shake Tuftys hand at the end of the season and bring in Carrick to reunite him with his lethal front duo.

*Never happening in a million years i know😬

Mostly correct but not entirely. The bit in bold is wrong; United's accounts for 23/24 will show an £18m addition and a £4.5m cost. Villa's will show an £18m profit (and another similar amount from selling Jacob Ramsey to Burnley).

Archer is a Villa academy product so his registration had at most a nominal value in their accounts. We agreed a deal worth a guaranteed £18m last summer so Villa were able to book a FFP-eligible profit on disposal of £18m. It seems from most outlets that the cash was to be paid in two instalments so we will have paid Villa £9m over the course of this season.

At the start of the season therefore United had a new £18m asset. That £18m is, as you say, written off over the length of the player's contract. In this case, Archer signed a 4 year deal so his FFP-impacting P&L cost is £4.5m per season. At the end of this season, probably on June 30th, Archer's registration will have a book value of £13.5m.

Villa are rumoured to have a compulsory buyback clause. It's not clear whether it's £2m higher or lower than the £18m we paid for him but let's, for argument's sake, assume it's a £20m fee. I'd also assume that the fee will be paid in at least two instalments but as it would involve netting the £9m we have outstanding from the initial purchase Villa would actually only return our £9m plus the £2m additional.

Villa resign Archer on July 1st for £20m on a five year deal. United book an FFP-eligible £6.5m sale on disposal. Villa register a new player with an FFP and P&L cost of £4m per season. If they choose to sell him on for £25m in the summer they will book a further £5m profit on disposal which, again, will be counted towards FFP.
ouch

If the players we bought this season had done well,then I suspect your view would be different. Unless you want the Prince to personally scout all the signings, then you can't blame him for poor recruitment. He simply backs the staff,who he employs, to recommend these players. It is they who are to blame, for not being able to spot a good player. Furthermore, just spending money is not investment. Done badly it is the exact opposite.

Well I assume Danny Hall who is the one who asks United questions as the reporter will have have found out from the club so I’d say it’s correct myself. Below is what he said and I’m sure he wouldn’t be staying this unless the club clarified the situation.

Archer's future is once again the subject of debate this week after a report suggested that Villa may not exercise their option to bring the 22-year-old back to Villa Park in the summer, given their financial fair play situation. However as The Star confirmed earlier in the summer the agreement struck to bring Archer to Bramall Lane in the summer contained the obligation for Villa to re-sign the striker in the summer if the Blades are relegated.

If they pull off a great escape act and survive this season then Villa still have the option to take Archer back, at a pre-agreed price that is higher than the obligated one if United drop back into the Championship. But as things stand, with United bottom of the Premier League table and 10 points off survival with 10 games left, Archer is bound for a Midlands return.

All I'm saying is if Danny Hall reported that the club had told him if fans turn up in the car park you will get free tickets would you turn up just on his say ?
I guess we will find out in a few games time when we are relegated before the season ends.

Back
Top Bottom