Archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Well Cameron you put a lot of effort in against Villa when you came on but still couldn’t pull the trigger when through.
My question is

1. Were you trying to impress your former club so that you are welcomed back
If so
2.Why haven’t you put effort like that into previous games

We haven't been able to make Archer as efficient as we thought he was going to be as we signed/loaned him..
Is it about positional or tactical thing to mess players up, I don't know, but we seem to find a way with many (expensive) players..
This time we heva the forced buyback -option (if understud correctly) so we won't take so big blow..

Hasn't he basically been frozen out the team since the Luton loss? Feels like Wilder saying we are down, he's won't be our player so let's not really start him.

Hasn't he basically been frozen out the team since the Luton loss? Feels like Wilder saying we are down, he's won't be our player so let's not really start him.
This makes no sense. Mcatee won’t be ours either but he gets played. Hopefully Holgate won’t be ours but he gets played. Wilder has no clue anymore. Whatever he had, has gone. I would kick Wilder out asap, he should never have come back.

It might help his selection chances if he put a shift in and looked interested, now and again.

I think he’s a decent finisher, but he’s not the sort of player you need when you’re having to scrap for every point. He gives me the impression he thinks he’s too good for Utd and knows he’s going back to Villa, so doesn’t give a fuck.

From our perspective, with the knowledge that we’d probably struggle this season, the deal we agreed with Villa was in hindsight not a great arrangement in terms of Archers motivation !

It might help his selection chances if he put a shift in and looked interested, now and again.

I think he’s a decent finisher, but he’s not the sort of player you need when you’re having to scrap for every point. He gives me the impression he thinks he’s too good for Utd and knows he’s going back to Villa, so doesn’t give a fuck.

From our perspective, with the knowledge that we’d probably struggle this season, the deal we agreed with Villa was in hindsight not a great arrangement in terms of Archers motivation !

Nail on the head.

Either way, he is guaranteed PL football next with Villa.

He is another one stinking the place with out his performances and lack of application.

Nail on the head.

Either way, he is guaranteed PL football next with Villa.

He is another one stinking the place with out his performances and lack of application.

Villa will surely move him on in the summer. He’s not good enough for the level they’re at now. Plus selling him would benefit them FFP wise as he’s an academy product.

Give him a run down the middle which is his actual position and we might get some goals out of him.
He isn’t and never will be a winger which is where Wilder is trying to play him
He was moved out wide because he was anonymous down the middle

This makes no sense. Mcatee won’t be ours either but he gets played. Hopefully Holgate won’t be ours but he gets played. Wilder has no clue anymore. Whatever he had, has gone. I would kick Wilder out asap, he should never have come back.
He really screwed up on Sat but then again he knows he did . He admitted that Sat set us all back to square 1 , perhaps even further back as quite a lot of the goodwill / trust in Chris quickly evaporated due to some glaring and basic mistakes .

Fascinating how he pulls this back .....

For the last 4-5 seasons we’ve not had a real goal scorer well not someone good enough to stick 20 odd goals in a season I’m not sure our system is made that way at least not for the type of players that we can afford or attract it’s of no surprise that we can’t score goals trouble is we have a defence that crumble like broken biscuits and yet again a woeful midfield, we could all see this coming we were just hoping that other teams were shitter than us but they let their side of the bargain down. Back to whence we came and I predict quite a few seasons there may be we just focus on the academy at least they don’t get beat every week.

He really screwed up on Sat but then again he knows he did . He admitted that Sat set us all back to square 1 , perhaps even further back as quite a lot of the goodwill / trust in Chris quickly evaporated due to some glaring and basic mistakes .

Fascinating how he pulls this back .....
CW seems to be making too many mistakes at the moment. Wrong starting lineup and formations against Palace and Villa, very poor use of subs particularly against Villa. He needs to sort it out quickly.

Well Cameron you put a lot of effort in against Villa when you came on but still couldn’t pull the trigger when through.
My question is

If so

I think you are being harsh on the lad. Its another case of why did we bring him in if we are not going to play to his strengths. He is the best finisher at the club but we play him further out where he is less effective. He needs to play up top with a mobile partner. We need to see if he can work with BBD. We have naff all creativity at present so we aren't creating many chances for anyone. If Wilder reverts to Brewster and McBurnie in preference to Archer I would seriously doubt Wilders ability to recognise a player.

I think you are being harsh on the lad. Its another case of why did we bring him in if we are not going to play to his strengths. He is the best finisher at the club but we play him further out where he is less effective. He needs to play up top with a mobile partner. We need to see if he can work with BBD. We have naff all creativity at present so we aren't creating many chances for anyone. If Wilder reverts to Brewster and McBurnie in preference to Archer I would seriously doubt Wilders ability to recognise a player.
His work rate has been non existent but tried his guts out against Villa to impress them. He’s been lazy doesn’t track back when he should he’s slow and when he gets near the middle instead of pulling the trigger he cuts back and runs into trouble.
He needs a 100% improvement on previous outings prior to the Villa game instead of a couldn’t care less attitude

My question is

If so

He literally scored against Villa 6 league games ago 🤣 think that might have impressed them slightly.

He won't be playing for us or Villa next season. Not sure what the point of this post is. No offence originaltrueblade !

the deal we agreed with Villa was in hindsight not a great arrangement in terms of Archers motivation !

Basically a season long loan, same as McAtee, so he should not be motivated either.

His work rate has been non existent but tried his guts out against Villa to impress them. He’s been lazy doesn’t track back when he should he’s slow and when he gets near the middle instead of pulling the trigger he cuts back and runs into trouble.
He needs a 100% improvement on previous outings prior to the Villa game instead of a couldn’t care less attitude
He is not quick and when getting the ball at the halfway line doesn't have the pace to get away clean for a shot at goal. He is limited in effect by his lack of mobility so why keep playing him out wide where he is less effective. BBD has more about him and McAtee but I didn't see much of a press from any of them against Villa or tracking back.

Wilder seems to have doubts about him so it looks like he is for the exit. Wilder is also the man who picks Brewster to play who does nothing for the team. McBurnie? Osula is raw.
I think we need to reassess how we play because the down the wings with no end product isn't working and we need to get to grips with what will work.

But I will be surprised if Wilder can get performances out if this team. His comments over the last few weeks were similar to when he got the hump the last time.

How can a 5ft 7 striker do anything when all we do is hit big Howittzer shells up to him with 6ft 5 defenders marking him jeez. Either put mcbernie up there with him to win the headers and play him through or play it on the floor and send him through it’s not rocket science. Better still when we got Haymer, don’t buy half the shit we did and use the cash to buy Gykores, him and Haymer come as a deadly pair but that shows ambition and we don’t do that,
20 million Euros is all Gykores cost Sporting, this season 23/24 played 18 scored 15 and assisted 7.
silmane and traore probably cost or wasn’t far of the price of a Victor Gykores.

He didn't beat his man for pace
Ball broke to him clean through and he shot before he got caught up

When he starts his run he’s a good few yards behind Traore, he gets in front of him and remains in front of him until he gets his shot off and that’s while running with the bl. He clearly beats him for pace. It isn’t until the ball gets caught up a little that Traore looks like catching up. And Traore isn’t exactly slow.

The argument that he can’t get away from his man, from the half way line, and get a clean shot off at goal is proven untrue by that exact example.

When he starts his run he’s a good few yards behind Traore, he gets in front of him and remains in front of him until he gets his shot off and that’s while running with the bl. He clearly beats him for pace. It isn’t until the ball gets caught up a little that Traore looks like catching up. And Traore isn’t exactly slow.

The argument that he can’t get away from his man, from the half way line, and get a clean shot off at goal is proven untrue by that exact example.
Ball brakes loose
Archer reacts first and gets to it before flat footed traore and stays in front of him but shoots early as traore is making up ground.

Apples and oranges really but he didn't exactly stand his man up, knock it past him and beat him in a foot race

My question is

If so
Archer is a good player in a shit team, the problem is quite simply were crap we don't create chances, so the strikers who run about like headless chickens and contest headers are the ones that stand out

Unlike brewster for example, Archer is a good finisher, he has scored 3 but he's probably had about 6 chances in all the time he's been with us, in a decent team I feel he will be a good player

This is spot on, reminds me of when Robson was playing Billy sharp out wide

20 million Euros is all Gykores cost Sporting, this season 23/24 played 18 scored 15 and assisted 7.
silmane and traore probably cost or wasn’t far of the price of a Victor Gykores.
great stats from Gykores true, but Sporting could go top if they win their game in hand

Outside the top 3, the Portuguese league is probably Championship level

Not saying Archer would match those stats had Sporting gone for him, but 💯 Gykores wouldn’t have those stats had he come here

Most if not all on here were happy with CA signing, hindsight is a wonderful thing

Back
Top Bottom