Archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was ok, bright, kept getting back up and involved but to not have a single shot given the opportunities he found himself in is really disappointing. It’s what he was bought for

He looks like he struggles when he has time to think. Much better when all he has to do is hit it.

Yes,should have gone with his left,but looked like he tried to shoot through VVD's legs in the end with his right.
Played well though overall for me.

Couple of occasions where he sort of shat himself. We wouldn't have begrudged him having a pop and it not coming off. The goals will come for him.

He was ok, bright, kept getting back up and involved but to not have a single shot given the opportunities he found himself in is really disappointing. It’s what he was bought for

It was easily his best performance of the season.

He played a little deeper and looked hungry, was much more involved, was impressed.

It's a bit irritating because the shots he didn't take were the exact sort of chances he scored against us last season. He's clearly a bit low on confidence.

His overall performance was better though.

Couple of occasions where he sort of shat himself. We wouldn't have begrudged him having a pop and it not coming off. The goals will come for him.
Exactly and I'm sure this is what Wilder will be saying to him.

It's a bit irritating because the shots he didn't take were the exact sort of chances he scored against us last season. He's clearly a bit low on confidence.

His overall performance was better though.
The one where he nicked it off Gomez. Last season that’s a goal.

That's the most involved and best I've seen him tonight, considering the opponents, and it's interesting he was deployed in that left channel

Very surprised he didn't take on the chances with his left foot, given that he scored a brilliant one against us last season with his left. He had no option with that one, tonight he seemed to have too much time. If he put his left foot through that one near the end, we'd probably be walking away with a point

I think Wilder will focus on him and McAtee and get more out of both. Just need a CF who'll be available to play with them

Thought he was excellent, very brave to run at them so many times and pretty much all game too. I was happy to see him play a deeper role, as he got involved more. Also worked hard defensively.
And actually get a couple of half-decent balls down the channels to use his pace. It's not rocket science that that's more effective than playing up to his head.

Lack of confidence in front of goal. Against Everton he was banging the shots away first time.

Billy needs to come back and have a word with him.

Only criticism I would say about him tonight is when he drifts out wide to play the ball into the box, just play it a bit earlier without having to take an extra touch. Other than that I thought he did quite well.

Involved throughout, hassled well which seemed to be one of the main differences between hecky and wilder ball - more chances than he's had all season and we actually looked fast for once when he and osula ran at them and WITH the ball (fancy that!) Confidence obviously low in front of goal - if that one falling out of the sky had been on his right I reckon we'd have been on for a point.

Back
Top Bottom