Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you recall! We offered both Berge & illiman contracts way before they ran out!! If a player won't sign what do you do ! Most teams would sell including the so called elite ,.

I don't recall Dortmund rushing to sell Lewandowski before he went to Bayern on a free to give but one counterexample. It's a simple bit of maths, you estimate what the player's worth is to you for the remainder of the contract, and compare it to what you can get if you sell on the open market. If the former's more than the latter, you don't sell unless you can't handle the variance. If you say that retaining him did, if NOTHING else, allow us not to have the awful start we did, and we got a point vs Palace, beat Forest, then later in the season beat Luton (which is not asking a lot, especially given the first two of those appear to be a direct result of selling him at short notice), then all of a sudden we're on 23 points and in 17th with a game in hand on everyone below us. See out the rest of the season in that position and he can leave to wherever he wants with all our blessings, as he'd have just made us another 100 million quid. But no, must sell to first team that comes sniffing for a fraction of that

I don't recall Dortmund rushing to sell Lewandowski before he went to Bayern on a free to give but one counterexample. It's a simple bit of maths, you estimate what the player's worth is to you for the remainder of the contract, and compare it to what you can get if you sell on the open market. If the former's more than the latter, you don't sell unless you can't handle the variance. If you say that retaining him did, if NOTHING else, allow us not to have the awful start we did, and we got a point vs Palace, beat Forest, then later in the season beat Luton (which is not asking a lot, especially given the first two of those appear to be a direct result of selling him at short notice), then all of a sudden we're on 23 points and in 17th with a game in hand on everyone below us. See out the rest of the season in that position and he can leave to wherever he wants with all our blessings, as he'd have just made us another 100 million quid. But no, must sell to first team that comes sniffing for a fraction of that
Your guessing at a lot of things there regarding values ! The key is the player he holds all the cards.

Looks so confident in tight spaces, moving the ball on before his opponent gets a tackle in. Always the sign of a good player. Let’s hope the more agricultural midfielders in the Championship don’t get frustrated and resort to fouling him constantly.

I'm one of Wilder v2's biggest critics but whatever he's getting across to Andre Brookes & Arblaster is clearly working because i've enjoyed watching them play football with a sense of freedom.

It's been a glimmer of light on an otherwise drab season. Well done CW/AK/KA.

Hamer --- Arblaster -- Lewis Obrien

Is the promotion winning midfield
Exactly what I’ve been thinking.

If Andre Brooks fulfills his potential and steps up next season though…wow that could eventually be the greatest Sheffield United midfield for 50 years

Great to see Arblaster showing his obvious talent t 19, we should be building our team around him in the next few years, bids will be hard to resist and I guess knowing us we'll sell, but let's hope we see him in a blade's shirt for some time in the near future

Amazing, this is a 19 year old lad thrown into the deep end during a tough season for the club. To perform at Premier League level immediately and outshine some seasoned expensive players is brilliant.
Wasn’t thrown into the deep end.

Wilder brought him back and slowly introduced him into the side. Into training and then he was travelling down with the club not on the bench followed by him on the bench and getting on.

It’s been a steady progress that seemed planned. Think we got it wrong with Brooks just launching him into the side.

Wilder brought him back and slowly introduced him into the side. Into training and then he was travelling down with the club not on the bench followed by him on the bench and getting on.

It’s been a steady progress that seemed planned. Think we got it wrong with Brooks just launching him into the side.
Very similar to what's happening with peck ,he's doing exactly the same ,training and traveling getting familiar with first team duties.

Very similar to what's happening with peck ,he's doing exactly the same ,training and traveling getting familiar with first team duties.
Genuinely excited with this bunch. Assuming Souza moves on.

Arblaster, Brooks, Hamer.

Peck, Davies and possibly Slimane.

Then potentially Ozzy as a utility option also covering LWB and perhaps someone like McNair as someone who can do a more defensive role if required to step out of defence.

Add O’Hare for the cherry on top!

He’s so comfortable when he takes the ball, reminds me of Paul Gascoigne, he does need to do something with his hair!!

His ability to beat the press is what we have been missing all season, wonder just how many scouts are taking serious note of him right now. Could see someone like Dortmund taking a punt as a develop and potentially cash in signing.

This guy will be gone soon for sure. Hes too good for us, we just have to get a good price for him and reinvest in quality. (2 things we are notoriously poor at).

I agree, if he carries on putting in performances like against Chelsea a top Prem' club will come in for him at the end of the season, he and the club will have a big decision to make

Hamer --- Arblaster -- Lewis Obrien

Is the promotion winning midfield
I'd rather see five in midfield.

O'Brien and one other sat deep, with Bogle, Hamer and Arblaster playing in front in support of a lone striker for example, though I'd like to see some fresh new players come in.

Heckingbottom had an opportunity to do that at the start of the season. How things might have been different for us and him had he been adventurous and not sought to rely on Fleck and Norwood. UFM.

Back
Top Bottom