Arblaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s a very good player, one of those that we need to cherish while he’s here and hope we get a fat sell on clause.

Too many of our young lads go elsewhere and stay loyal, we need them to make that next move so we can cash in twice!

I must admit that having even heard all the hype about him prior to this season and during his period at Port Vale, I didn’t think he would come into the team and make such a difference so quickly.
He is calm, assured and quality on the ball. Yes, he makes mistakes but he’s adjusting to the pace and quality of the Premier League and I’ve been really impressed with him so far.
The danger is, as always that a couple of average games, or mistakes that costs a goal and the knee jerk reactors on here will trash him. Conversely, that we build him up to be the messiah after only a few games.
I think he’s going to be a big player for us for a few seasons and hope we manage to keep hold of him for at least that long.

Indeed. It is so weird that that the same people will see Blaster making a difference at this level having only been at Port Vale a few months ago, but will also assume that every other player that is on the periphery is absolutely shit and needs to be at Chesterfield for the next two seasons because loans good

He’s a very good player, one of those that we need to cherish while he’s here and hope we get a fat sell on clause.

Too many of our young lads go elsewhere and stay loyal, we need them to make that next move so we can cash in twice!

Which ones? The better ones I can think of have all moved on at least once (Walker and Maguire)

Indeed. It is so weird that that the same people will see Blaster making a difference at this level having only been at Port Vale a few months ago, but will also assume that every other player that is on the periphery is absolutely shit and needs to be at Chesterfield for the next two seasons because loans good
I think there’s a definite case for players going on loan to gain experience of ‘men’s football’ as it’s always a risk chucking them in the first team.
That said, if they are good enough then they are good enough.

I can see where you going with Tonge. Sherry must’ve been involved with Reed? 😀

No, I remember him coming on in a home game under Clough against Rotherham the week before aged about 16 and looking like he belonged, and a few months later he started in a pre-season friendly against Fenerbache and looked composed and seemed to have bags of potential but just never seemed to kick on.

The first couple of times I saw Jags I thought he was nothing more than a one paced midfielder and couldn’t understand the hype, and after seeing Calvert-Lewis a couple of times I thought he would be in non league within 18 months

I think there’s a definite case for players going on loan to gain experience of ‘men’s football’ as it’s always a risk chucking them in the first team.

Indeed. I am more concerned with what a player can do now rather than what they have done before. I'm sure Man Utd fans aren't concerned that Mainoo hasn't had a season at Bolton, nor are there Liverpool fans thinking Conor Bradley still needs to be out at Preston learning the ropes

No, I remember him coming on in a home game under Clough against Rotherham the week before aged about 16 and looking like he belonged, and a few months later he started in a pre-season friendly against Fenerbache and looked composed and seemed to have bags of potential but just never seemed to kick on.

The first couple of times I saw Jags I thought he was nothing more than a one paced midfielder and couldn’t understand the hype, and after seeing Calvert-Lewis a couple of times I thought he would be in non league within 18 months
Yep, I was at both the Millers and Fener games and he did look the part. Also agree about Jags, started off quite ropey and then improved incrementally over 20 years!

I shared your opinion about DCL. I actually feel the same about Osula as I did about DCL - Great athlete, decent footballer but not much in way of a strikers instinct.

With those skills of player spotting do you want to work for our recruitment team as a side hustle?!

Yep, I was at both the Millers and Fener games and he did look the part. Also agree about Jags, started off quite ropey and then improved incrementally over 20 years!

He was an average midfielder when he burst on the scene. I recall us rejecting a £750k bid from Burnley after his first season and at the time thinking that it seemed like a good deal!

I shared your opinion about DCL. I actually feel the same about Osula as I did about DCL - Great athlete, decent footballer but not much in way of a strikers instinct.

I disagree with Osula. I think this season he is playing a level above where he should be. I think next season once he gets the ball rolling with a couple, he’ll get quite a few

Statistically this is remarkable for one of our CMs this season

View attachment 181736

2 more passes completed than Gallagher, and only 10 less than the joke priced Caicedo

I know they're different types of players but it's embarrassing how much better than Souza he is. He just showed him how to play football as a central midfielder in the PL

There are huge similarities with Tommy Doyle and on that showing it's going to be like having Doyle back next season, but hopefully for 40 games
Ironic than after bringing in Souza, Davies, Hamer, Slimane that 2 of our better two
Midfielders will have been Arblaster and Brooks!

Ironic than after bringing in Souza, Davies, Hamer, Slimane that 2 of our better two
Midfielders will have been Arblaster and Brooks!
Now they're well under contract they should also help us salvage the money we've wasted on that lot

A good season for both next season and it should hopefully be either promotion or a big lump of cash

Questionable on Brooks tbh, let's not get carried away.
I k ow what you’re saying. He did have a good initial impact before being ‘rested’ and it’s not as if the bar was set incredibly high!

He is growing game by game. He actually needs a full season under his belt at Championship level - so fingers crossed we can resist any offers this summer. Then - if he has as good a season as I think he will, we are looking at a £40 million player based on crazy inflated UK transfer fees. He looks a class act already - his first touch and awareness around himself is excellent - sign of a good midfield player.
Except it’s United. So in three years time, when he is playing for England, Bettis will be on the radio telling us how the £1.25m we received for him from Leicester helped us buy 8 journeymen from Bradford and Halifax!

All the talk of England is ignoring all the competition and their age too meaning other than Henderson and Phillips most will be around a while.

Blaster is a fantastic prospect. All the tools to be a very good midfielder for a long time providing that he stays grounded (sure he will do as he sounds a very sensible young man), works hard, and is lucky with injuries. Then the footballing world is his oyster 🦪. What I would also like to see is him bulking up a little over the summer (to too much though as we don't want him to lose that bit of pace he has) so that he is physically a little bit stronger. That should happen naturally. Same with most of our young lads coming through. A season in the championship should serve them all well in the long term.

Except it’s United. So in three years time, when he is playing for England, Bettis will be on the radio telling us how the £1.25m we received for him from Leicester helped us buy 8 journeymen from Bradford and Halifax!
Just why do you come out with stupid comments.The days have gone since we sold young players on the cheap.Prince knows how to get the most from a deal.Mccabe was here when we gave players away to the 1st bidder.
We are still vulnerable to losing players for nothing as players refuse to sign a new deal.All clubs have this problem including the elite 6 as there called.
If he moves on at some point and that that is a realistic possibility if he comes through! Blaster will love to be part of a return to the prem!
Like all blades he is living the dreeam as we all would have loved to do .

Just why do you come out with stupid comments.The days have gone since we sold young players on the cheap.Prince knows how to get the most from a deal.Mccabe was here when we gave players away to the 1st bidder.
We are still vulnerable to losing players for nothing as players refuse to sign a new deal.All clubs have this problem including the elite 6 as there called.
If he moves on at some point and that that is a realistic possibility if he comes through! Blaster will love to be part of a return to the prem!
Like all blades he is living the dreeam as we all would have loved to do .
My sincerest apologies for upsetting any Sheffield United fans or indeed anyone concerned with this football club. I now realise that typing out an exaggerated scenario purely for comedic purposes could be misconstrued as me stamping on the dreams of a young man and the integrity of a much-changed football club, something I would never knowingly do.
My wife and family are fully behind me at this difficult time.

The club has a wealth of enthusiastic talent in the academy. Players li,e Arblaster and Louie Marsh don’t come along very often.
They are naturally gifted footballers already. Equipped with all the attribute that cannot always be taught and developed at their age. Athletes with balance and confidence, who increase in ability with the ball at their feet. A real joy to watch.

Give them their head now. Add a few grafters and some hardened pros like Baldock, Robinson and Hamer, and they will develop so quickly, the team will beg you to build around them.

If the club is to have any kind of future, they are the ones to keep and build on. Do not sell them!

Just why do you come out with stupid comments.The days have gone since we sold young players on the cheap.

I must have imagined us selling Ndiaye last summer for cents on the dollar solely due to risk aversion.

My sincerest apologies for upsetting any Sheffield United fans or indeed anyone concerned with this football club. I now realise that typing out an exaggerated scenario purely for comedic purposes could be misconstrued as me stamping on the dreams of a young man and the integrity of a much-changed football club, something I would never knowingly do.
My wife and family are fully behind me at this difficult time.
Wow a sincere apology!!!!

I must have imagined us selling Ndiaye last summer for cents on the dollar solely due to risk aversion.
If you recall! We offered both Berge & illiman contracts way before they ran out!! If a player won't sign what do you do ! Most teams would sell including the so called elite ,.

Back
Top Bottom