'Apocalype Nowt': Blog on Bolton via Chorley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great read Steve as usual, that picture of Chorley before the Blades arrive, is the Mermaid pub in Rye, just up the road from me. Just sayin...

That is one of my favourite of your reports, and that is saying something.
Cheers pal.

Excellent as usual Steve. Your man of the match selection is unassailable. A pity Chorloshima had to pay the ultimate price for a game of football, though.

Can't say it wasn't deserved.

Great read Steve as usual, that picture of Chorley before the Blades arrive, is the Mermaid pub in Rye, just up the road from me. Just sayin...

Pretty sure I 'Googled' "Pretty village pub". Certainly looks it!

" Lovely to see some gentle fun poked at my beloved Chorley and Bolton" - Peter Kaye
"I agree" - Vernon Kaye
"Me too" Paddy McGuinnes
"eeee that Steve Mackan, e's a reyt laugh!, tha can't elp but have a chuckle when he does his blog report, or whatever the chuff they call these new fangled online reports" - Jacob Rees Mogg
"Consistently funnier than me" - Miranda
"Sorry Gaffer, I don't feel up to taking a penalty" - Jordan "shot shy" Rhodes

Excellent as usual,my kind of humour!
Thought coutts was like glen hoddle in the pre-match warm up .

“Dem Blades – Annual 2018” will be dispatched on Tuesday 28th August, competently.

Not before time too - had the bailiffs primed and ready ;)

well done btw :)

UTB

Brilliant - i especially lolled at "which was fine as I fancied a Guinness anyway" :D

Did you not crucify the unbelievers along the routes out of Chorley who supported other teams from the evil side like Man Utd ,Man City or god forbid Bolton Wanderers ?

Chorley has the biggest Mormon church outside of Utah. Other than that I am at a loss to think of anything noteworthy about the place.

Just quietly, there is no post-Couttsian era, merely a hiatus.

Other than that, another top notch read. Thanks as always. :D

Chorley has the biggest Mormon church outside of Utah. Other than that I am at a loss to think of anything noteworthy about the place.

That reminds me of something that happened last year. I do a bit of voluntary work at The Barlow in Edgworth and we had a wedding reception booking and I was helping the soon to be happy couple with the set up. We knew that quite a few guests were travelling from Ireland and the bar manager had stocked accordingly.

In conversation, I asked the couple where they were getting married and it was at the Mormon Church in Chorley, which meant a very substantial overstocking of the bar. The day after the wedding, the A board outside The Barlow read “Bank Top Flat Cap, £1 a pint” :)

Just quietly, there is no post-Couttsian era, merely a hiatus.

Other than that, another top notch read. Thanks as always. :D

Point taken. As a member of his chuch, I should have known that. Forgive me.

This is such a good blog.

Thanks. Much appreciated!

-------I know some people don't like these, but I've done an alternative commentary from the game too-----

Back
Top Bottom