Anyone else confident we'll stay up now?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
Not been in the bottom three all season.
Game in hand against the three teams immediately above us.
Best goal difference of all the bottom 6 teams.
Only Newcastle in the whole of the bottom half have a better defensive record than us.
Win our game in hand tomorrow and we're just 3 points off a Champions League place.
COYRAWWizaaaards!!!

Only Newcastle in the whole of the bottom half have a better defensive record than us.
Win our game in hand tomorrow and we're just 3 points off a Champions League place.
COYRAWWizaaaards!!!
Your optimism needs bottling. And I'll give you ten English pounds for it.

I'm not losing any sleep over it no matter what happens. We need the first win to happen soon then we can calm down a bit, get a settled side and with one of two more coming in this week, we should be half decent.

We've already made some good signings, I hope Hecky's brave enough to start playing them soon.

COYRAWWizaaaards!!!
Ask me when window is shut

Well signed or not,
I know one player that will not be playing tomorrow.
ARCHER .
Hecky. won't play a player who aint had at least one practise with the rest.....

COYRAWWizaaaards!!!
Excuse me but this type of delusion belongs across the city

Beat Everton and they will be in the shit right, supporters will turn big time and they are fragile having flirted with it for the last few years, Dyche luck to run out

Luton will battle bravely but go

That’s one spot left, wolves, Bournemouth, Burnley forest and us

It’s in our hands, and with Souza, Hamer, archer looking good signings, add our 2 EPL loans and hopefully Doyle perm and it’s in our hands

You know what, section me....do what you want.

I am extremely confident to be honest.... it's not going to be easy granted, but we are laying th foundations to have a right old go at it.

Ndiaye's gone, sad, but it is what it is never the less.... But the signings appear to be very much intelligent and common sense. We aren't simply signing players for the sake of it..... We are attacking key areas of improvement and we are bringing in talent and potential in line with our lesser budget.

I genuinely feel that when the last few signings are over the line, we will begin to pick up a few points (particularly at home). I have every faith in Hecky and the rest of the management team....

I’m confident that we won’t be doing a “derby”

But I ask my self in regards to staying up

Are we better than wolves/palace/Everton/Bournemouth/Fulham/Forest/Burnley?

I’m not sure I can say we are better than any of them over a full season anyway

2 or 3 more signings and i may believe we have a chance

Agree.....with the current squad (with Archer joining) I'd give us a 40% chance of staying....think it'll be close...but reckon we'll still be relegated.
Bring in another quality player and I'd put it more at 50% to 60% we'll stay up
and bring in 2 or 3 more quality players and I'll then be 80% sure we'll stay up...and quite confident.

Well we are better than our last stint in the Premier League. Few good loans and a striker may see us to 17th?

I posted my belief in PH and the squad before pre season. When we still had Sander and Illy, I believed they might stay, or even extend contracts.
Since then, our recruitment has been reasonable, but positive.

Getting players like Hamer and Archer just proves my optimism was justified. Hecky is getting better too. The whole show is getting better with every game. PH resists the temptation to blood new players until they are fully adjusted and ready to contribute.(Hamer the obvious and reasonable exception).

I feel confident we will make a fight of it at the very least.

Signings look sensible and I think if we can get a bit of momentum (maybe not starting today) we will be able to upset a few.

My first game at the lane this season next week against Everton. That could be the start of some important points

I’m of the thinking that most of our signings are good championship signings who aren’t of the standard to be premier league regulars.

Our ability to keep the ball isn’t at the level needed, especially at the back when under pressure and that goes for every player that’s played back there so far. So we will always have less of the ball and end up relying on longer balls into channels or up to a striker to get hold of it and get us up the pitch. Building from the back, certainly against the sides who press well isn’t a viable option.

So, regrettably I’m thinking we will be bottom three all season and though it will be tight I think other teams like Everton, Forest, Wolves will find a way to get out of it.
Us, Luton, Burnley all going straight back out again. Burnley better equipped to escape potentially IMHO

I’m of the thinking that most of our signings are good championship signings who aren’t of the standard to be premier league regulars.

Our ability to keep the ball isn’t at the level needed, especially at the back when under pressure and that goes for every player that’s played back there so far. So we will always have less of the ball and end up relying on longer balls into channels or up to a striker to get hold of it and get us up the pitch. Building from the back, certainly against the sides who press well isn’t a viable option.

So, regrettably I’m thinking we will be bottom three all season and though it will be tight I think other teams like Everton, Forest, Wolves will find a way to get out of it.
Us, Luton, Burnley all going straight back out again. Burnley better equipped to escape potentially IMHO

Bottom three all season? We haven't been in the bottom three YET!!

Ah well

Tell you what I’d argue that selling Ndiaye and berge has made us a better team. Mcburnie and archer will be a handful for defenders. Like the look of the midfield although a left footed midfielder wouldn’t go a miss. Neither would a LWB

We've half a chance if we get our next signings right.

The good news is, Souza, Hamer and Traore have all come in and are contributing.
Davies will be at a competent level when fit.
Trusty should also be a solid addition.
Slimane is a total unknown and Larouci clearly needs more time.

Our next signings should include 2 x AMs (one left footed), 1 x LCM, 1 x LWB.
Certainly the LWB, LCM and one of the AMs needs to be first XI ready.

We're weak down our left. That needs sorting.
We also don't have enough goals in us.
We do defend pretty well for the most part and we do seem to have great spirit.
Beating Everton is hugely important now.

Back
Top Bottom