Any decent boozers opening before the match next Sunday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can someone tweet @RutlandArms and see when they're opening please? Answering the fucking phone is apparently not hipster enough .......

Screenshot_2014-03-05-15-38-25.png

I fucking LOLLED at 'Meeting Facilities'. Sounds disconcertingly clandestine

Is Darren a regular at the Bankers?

I sometimes go in the bankers draft before a visit to the theatre, typical Whetherspoons pub. Though you get a better class of chav if you go upstairs.

Incidentally (pasted from Wikipedia)" The J D Wetherspoon name comes from one of Martin's teachers in New Zealand who could not control his class, and told Tim that he would never succeed in business."

Last edited:
Can someone tweet @RutlandArms and see when they're opening please? Answering the fucking phone is apparently not hipster enough .......
We're not bothering, it's a good pub, but they don't seem keen on amending their opening hours to suit stupid kick off times.

Cheers to those that have responded with suggestions. From tips and doing a bit of research I have a few options. It's a choice between:
- Shief View: opening at 10:30am. In the good beer guide and looking at facebook photos it appears to have a good selection of real ales. I''ve never been, as I have always come to BDTBL from the Rotherham side or train station. It's quite close to the ground and a ppopular water hole (from what I gather) so is it likely to be rammed?
- Lord Nelson: Opening at 10am and conveniently between the Lane and the train station. Decent real ale boozer from what I remember (it's been a while since I went in).
- Old Queen's Head: Thwaits pub that regularly opens from 10am on a Sunday. Apparently the ale is well kept and it looks like a lovely old building (oldest domestic building in Sheffield they claim, dating back to 1400s).
A mucker of mine is going to the Spoon's at the bottom of Eccy Road and there's also the Bankers draft. I am leaning toward options 1 or 2 though.

I'd guess at 12pm. They did not open before the Pigs game in 2011/12. I am friends with them on Facebook and have not seen any announcements about opening early.

queens road social club open at 10:00am on sunday ,good cheap beer ,no probs getting served, and you can buy a programme for the game in there as well !

Cheers to those that have responded with suggestions. From tips and doing a bit of research I have a few options. It's a choice between:
- Shief View: opening at 10:30am. In the good beer guide and looking at facebook photos it appears to have a good selection of real ales. I''ve never been, as I have always come to BDTBL from the Rotherham side or train station. It's quite close to the ground and a ppopular water hole (from what I gather) so is it likely to be rammed?
- Lord Nelson: Opening at 10am and conveniently between the Lane and the train station. Decent real ale boozer from what I remember (it's been a while since I went in).
- Old Queen's Head: Thwaits pub that regularly opens from 10am on a Sunday. Apparently the ale is well kept and it looks like a lovely old building (oldest domestic building in Sheffield they claim, dating back to 1400s).
A mucker of mine is going to the Spoon's at the bottom of Eccy Road and there's also the Bankers draft. I am leaning toward options 1 or 2 though.

I'd guess at 12pm. They did not open before the Pigs game in 2011/12. I am friends with them on Facebook and have not seen any announcements about opening early.

Glad to see you've not mentioned the one that myself and some mates are going in.

No! ;)

Does anybody know if Annie's Bar will be open and serving beer?

Got a text from a mate saying they would be in the Red Lion from 10am. Saw on the Rutland's Facebook page that they are opening at 11am also.

Plenty of options.

Anyone know if the Dev Cat is opening early??

They don't usually alter their opening times, which I think is 11.30 on a Sunday, however this may have changed with the ownership.

Ollessendro and others wanting a pint pre match...

Just seen on the cricketers Facebook post that they have been told (presumably by the law) that if they open prematch then they will be shut down by the police for the rest of the day!?! Seems a bit over the top!

You might find that other pubs around the ground and on the way to the ground have been told the same, so your plans might get scuppered somewhat.

Sheaf island (wards brewery) is normally a good pub on big games. Far enough away from the ground, but walkable

Why don't we all meet in the car park with cans/bottles of your own choice if local pubs have been closed down around the ground

Does anyone know If the royal standard is open in the morning. As its the only pub I pass on walk to ground.

Wethers on Woodseats for opening (and breakfast) at 8am... then the Lion opens at 10am so we'll get the bus down there.

Cant understand the Cricketeres being forced to shut before the game and The Golden Lion being able to open at 10am

Back
Top Bottom