Another shite performance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Opinions?

Let’s have a go at this. Ok .,.

We are shit. We have been shit since August. We have always been shit. If we get promoted we’ll come straight back down. It was a shit second half today. We’ll never amount to anything. We have no chance with Hecky and these players. The last few games have been really shit.

Any good? It’s just an opinion and I’m entitled to it aren’t I.

Shit when we're winning, we're only shit when when we're winning ...

Some have some havent but I care more about points fella. If we play well and lose I am pissed off, if we have a game where we play shite and win I am happy. If we have a game like today where we play well then go a bit off the boil but still win I am equally as happy. At the end of the season it's about points. You dont get promoted if you play like barca every game but don't win as many.
I’m not saying I’m not happy with the three points. I am however saying that I feel we are not playing well, which I don’t think anyone can argue with. Since McBurnie has been out the squad all the pressure has been on Illi, luckily he’s pulled through and nearly every goal he’s scored or assisted with some magic. It’s a cause for concern but I am happy with the points no doubt.

When your carrying 20m players like Berge we have to ask why.

If you score three goals then you deserve to win a game of football, or at least you should.... it's as simple as that.

Anyone with an ounce of footballing common sense knows, just how important it is to pick up points when perhaps not at your best. Today we didn't set the world alight for 90 minutes and we didn't play at the standards that we have become used to, but never the less effective

We started well and that early energy probably proved to be the difference in this one, but I don't consider us to have been majorly below par either.

If i have one negative from today, then it has to be the out of character hoofing of the ball up the pitch. Stoke developed a bit of momentum on the back of pulling a goal back and you would expect them to sniff a huge point that they are desperate for at the minute. But in the second half I feel you could say that we was guilty of inviting pressure by simply hoofing the ball up pitch, only to find them coming back at us.

But we did find second wind to put it to bed, rather than finishing with backs against the wall. It was actually quite calculated... after soaking it up a bit and recharging, we went at them again and opened them up.

As for the sharp bashing, get a grip. As said we have injuries and we are limited in terms of choice, so you have to go with vital experience. We have goals all over the pitch thankfully, but you need somebody with Billy's brain to pull players out of position and create space. He isn't going to be as prolific as the younger player that we all know and love, but his footballing brain will be vital..... Jebbison might be raw and energetic, but he's a hell of a long way away from understanding football in the same way as Billy.

The big performances will have to come against the big teams, but today's was equally effective and another 3 points in the bag.

On to the next one...

my concern has been the quality of the teams we’ve played, yes a win is a win but after the next 2 we have one hell of a run of fixtures, let’s just hope a few of the players are back by then.
the quality of the teams we've. played are championship clubs. They all have good days and bad days. We went to West brom and won 2-0 with ease. they have since won 7 games. They are all capable to win any. game as the table shows.only 2 wins 6vpoints. between 4th and 12th

Definitely not moaning!!!, but, I am slightly worried, that if we do get to the prem, then we are going to need to play a lot better than we did second half today, and, were going to be needing a fair few new players, especially with the contract situation.
But for now, let's enjoy the ride!!

COYRAWW!!

There was a moment - during that horrific spell in the second half when we couldn’t string two passes together - when Osborn literally booted the ball out of play in our own half; I looked at Hecky and he clapped it.

There was a moment - during that horrific spell in the second half when we couldn’t string two passes together - when Osborn literally booted the ball out of play in our own half; I looked at Hecky and he clapped it.
Because it was an improvement on booting it directly to a Stoke player perhaps? That's all we'd managed to do for the previous 5 or 6 minutes.

If you score three goals then you deserve to win a game of football, or at least you should.... it's as simple as that.

Anyone with an ounce of footballing common sense knows, just how important it is to pick up points when perhaps not at your best. Today we didn't set the world alight for 90 minutes and we didn't play at the standards that we have become used to, but never the less effective

We started well and that early energy probably proved to be the difference in this one, but I don't consider us to have been majorly below par either.

If i have one negative from today, then it has to be the out of character hoofing of the ball up the pitch. Stoke developed a bit of momentum on the back of pulling a goal back and you would expect them to sniff a huge point that they are desperate for at the minute. But in the second half I feel you could say that we was guilty of inviting pressure by simply hoofing the ball up pitch, only to find them coming back at us.

But we did find second wind to put it to bed, rather than finishing with backs against the wall. It was actually quite calculated... after soaking it up a bit and recharging, we went at them again and opened them up.

As for the sharp bashing, get a grip. As said we have injuries and we are limited in terms of choice, so you have to go with vital experience. We have goals all over the pitch thankfully, but you need somebody with Billy's brain to pull players out of position and create space. He isn't going to be as prolific as the younger player that we all know and love, but his footballing brain will be vital..... Jebbison might be raw and energetic, but he's a hell of a long way away from understanding football in the same way as Billy.

The big performances will have to come against the big teams, but today's was equally effective and another 3 points in the bag.

On to the next one...

Sharp-bashing is a favourite pastime among our fans, because most of them are fucking cretins.

can any blade tell me in which of our promotions have we been fantastic in every game.
in 1990 we lost 4-0 at Leeds and 5-0 at west ham and needed many a late late goal from Brian Deane to win the points
But there was never this level of criticism
under warnock we lost 4-1 at home to Watford znd had a terrible dry spell.
with. Wilder we lost quite a few games with inept performances. and scraped some dour wins .

results are everything . We are doing what we have to do to win games. I don't give monkeys about the aesthetics . Take the results and keep smiling

I've come to the conclusion that whatever we do, we'll do it boringly

If there is a way to do it which allows for zero entertainment and actually makes our opponents look good and unlucky United will find it
We scored 3 goals yesterday, and some of the skill from Ndiaye and Mcatee was outstanding.

We're you at the game, or prepping your trolling?

Yes. August.

To expand further, I don't remember us totally dominating a game and continuously opening a side up (battering them) for the vast majority since those very early season games.

Burnley, is the one exception but I would counter that most of that was being very, very good on set pieces against a side that couldn't defend against them.

I can't remember us dominating a game since yesterday, Hecky art

I keep reading we were shite... But to me it looks like we've been a bit better than every team we've played.

I think we've deserved to win every game we have won on this run.

I'm fact, I think every win this season has been deserved.

It's been a bit of a weird season in that it's been difficult to argue that we didn't deserve every result we've had in my opinion, defeats and draws too.

The championship never normally works like that...

I feel that after watching the blades home and away for years that I'm entitled to an opinion. I don't come on here every week slagging them off but feel that if I come on here praising them when they play well, which I do, I'm also entitled to slag them if I feel they play crap.
I understand your point, but he's picking Sharp because he's got no one else to pick.

Berge is different as there are alternatives, but 50% of your original statement was nonsense.

And yes I followed us in Division 4.

We’ve been playing poor teams... it will come to light how average we’ve been when we’re up against someone half decent... Swansea and Boro games on the horizon.

Yet both those teams could only draw with stoke 🤔
and the teams we've lost to this season:

Watford
Stoke
Rotherham
QPR
Coventry

The 'big' teams which we've beaten

WBA
Burnley
Blackburn
Millwall
Sunderland

We also drew away to Boro, Norwich and Luton.

We are playing scrappy but winning I think this just shows our elite level in an otherwise shite league this year

Watford and Blackburn aren’t catching us

and the teams we've lost to this season:

Watford
Stoke
Rotherham
QPR
Coventry

The 'big' teams which we've beaten

WBA
Burnley
Blackburn
Millwall
Sunderland

We also drew away to Boro, Norwich and Luton.

When was Norwich away?

We’ve been playing poor teams...
have we in all 27 games
we won at west brom are they poor
we beat Burnley are they poor we beat Blackburn are they poor

all teams have just about. played 27

we are where we are on merit over 27 games ....not one or 2 where we weren't magnificent

it's how this league malarky works
you play all the other teams not just poor ones

Last edited:
You must have been a right miserable cunt in the 4th division then.
dont think he went to many games season before 4th division, if he did he would app
You must have been a right miserable cunt in the 4th division then.
he cant have been to many games the relegation season before 4th div (worst in living memory) otherwise he would have hanging from new south stand

I slept in so late today, just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.

I was that frustrated and upset at our 3-1 win yesterday that I drank about 9 pints just to make myself feel better.

When I woke up, I thought it had been a nightmare so I checked online and sure enough, there it was...a 3-1 win for United 😫

To make matters worse, I checked the table and we're 11pts clear of 3rd place with less than half of the season remaining...I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

I'm running a bath and getting the toaster out as we speak. I just can't face waking up every weekend knowing we've got another 3pts on the table 😭

Back
Top Bottom