Another 40 positive Covid cases in PL !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CentralQuay will tell you that you are wrong!
A matter of time before professional sport across the board is suspended. Too many positive tests now resulting in games off, this is piling up fixtures to breaking point plus some players are suffering from long covid. If the Euros are going to go ahead this summer I can't see this season finishing.
Covid and it’s impact has been underestimated
from day one by let’s face it .....just about everyone.
The vaccine will have no impact for weeks or months to come,Elite sport is hanging on for the bucks but not for much longer.

CentralQuay will tell you that you are wrong!

Don't misquote me.
I've never said there will not be a suspension, i said the PL season will not be voided.....Big difference.

Clubs can't afford it.
Especially those in other countries such as Spain, Barcelona will be going bust.

hey everyone, I’m a lurker, but am I the only one who thinks that the premier league has said that there is a formula for if the season can’t be completed and we agreed to it as a club which means we go down no mater what 🤔

Don't misquote me.
I've never said there will not be a suspension, i said the PL season will not be voided.....Big difference.

Clubs can't afford it.
Especially those in other countries such as Spain, Barcelona will be going bust.

If it's suspended and cannot continue due to fixture congestion and due to the Euros this summer how can it not be voided? Not played 50% of the season yet.

If it's suspended and cannot continue due to fixture congestion and due to the Euros this summer how can it not be voided? Not played 50% of the season yet.

The Euros will be cancelled before the domestic seasons are scrapped, as we also saw last season.
It would be a disaster for football clubs, every National FA, UEFA and National Governments should the domestic seasons be cancelled.

Barcelona have had to cut over 40% of their spending even with the season being completed, it would tip many many clubs over the edge.
The footballing pyramid in this country would collapse.

Aston Villa plan to play youngsters against Liverpool in FA Cup after Covid outbreak​

Be interesting to see their line up in the next premiership game ??

Aston Villa plan to play youngsters against Liverpool in FA Cup after Covid outbreak​

Be interesting to see their line up in the next premiership game ??
It’s being reported their next league game will likely be postponed.

Quite frankly it shouldn`t be. If they are happy to play the Youngsters in the FA Cup then they should be willing to do the same in the PL.
I agree it should be the same for both either both off or both on. But the notion of fairness has long since departed

Quite frankly it shouldn`t be. If they are happy to play the Youngsters in the FA Cup then they should be willing to do the same in the PL.
Why? Two completely different competitions. They might have been planning to play a young side in the FA Cup anyway?

Why? Two completely different competitions. They might have been planning to play a young side in the FA Cup anyway?
That's completely irrelevant. If there is a threshold for a game being called off, and it has been breached, then call the game off.

If the club insist on it being played even having breached the threshold - then they should forfeit the right to have subsequent games called off for the same outbreak.

Similarly, I not that the Man C game is off again this weekend. After some of their players travelled to Dubai in direct contravention of the governments advice. Those players should now not count towards the threshold for having the game called off.

That's completely irrelevant. If there is a threshold for a game being called off, and it has been breached, then call the game off.

If the club insist on it being played even having breached the threshold - then they should forfeit the right to have subsequent games called off for the same outbreak.

Similarly, I not that the Man C game is off again this weekend. After some of their players travelled to Dubai in direct contravention of the governments advice. Those players should now not count towards the threshold for having the game called off.
Rubbish. Why can’t the threshold be different for two different competitions?

Don't misquote me.

Clubs can't afford it.
If the EFL becomes null and void then there will be no promotions or relegations

Would you be saying that if they were playing a Relegation rival of ours on the final day of the season.

Would you be saying that if they were playing a Relegation rival of ours on the final day of the season.
Haha, we all know that won’t happen! The Premier League have been clear that if a team has 14 fit senior players games should go ahead.

Fact is that 152 pro footballers have tested positive this week , time to stop playing imo !

Fact is that 152 pro footballers have tested positive this week , time to stop playing imo !
Why? Surely that’s the point of regular testing. So you can isolate the players who are positive.

Professor Witty has just said that it’s very possible there will still be restrictions during Winter 21.
He said he doesn’t expect it to go away.....it will always be around.

I predict we’ll never go back to Football as we knew pre covid.
Mask wearing and distancing will become compulsory. I reckon our revised stadium capacity will be 10K next season and maybe 15K for the forseable future.

Well that's no problem. Carry on like this and we'll be in League 2 soon anyway ;)

Highest infections rates , highest deaths' , Just in time to frighten everyone to death , just as the vaccine is ready to roll out :eek:

Any doubts left anyone 💉

Potentially higher than that as I dunno if villa’s “large outbreak” was factor into this weeks prem figures.

Back
Top Bottom