Anel Ahmedhodzic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I had a mental block and completely forgot about McAtee and Doyle. Replace Fleck with one of those in Hecky's original plan.

Coventry want people to believe we paid £15m for Hamer but I would imagine that is the worst (well, best) case scenario. Up front would be £10-£11m with the rest in variables.
The problem is if you apply that logic we probably got less than reported for Ndiaye and Berge, criminal really.

The problem is if you apply that logic we probably got less than reported for Ndiaye and Berge, criminal really.

Though there was hardly a queue of PL clubs interested in them, which would have pushed up the price but perhaps the PL clubs thought otherwise as to their 'star' potential..

Like many, I thought he would easily make the step up to premier league level but some of his defending is just plain fucking stupidity. We were lucky not to have a pen against us for his foul on Bowen. I have seen him do the same on countless occasions and thankfully we get away with it more often than not. He has a tendency to give away needless fouls that invite pressure.
If we can get 20 mill for him and be allowed to reinvest on a replacement then I would cash in. Sad to say, because I genuinely like him.

Anel needs to fuck off with this grappling of players
Don’t mind a bit of that aggression when going up for corners etc but very risky, I am not sure what the referee gave the free kick for, possibly handball or thinking he had pushed Anel but he got very lucky with that. If that goes to VAR I honestly wouldn’t see many people saying that wasn’t a pen

Don’t mind a bit of that aggression when going up for corners etc but very risky, I am not sure what the referee gave the free kick for, possibly handball or thinking he had pushed Anel but he got very lucky with that. If that goes to VAR I honestly wouldn’t see many people saying that wasn’t a pen
Everything goes to var

Most of the angles show the last part of the ‘tangle’. If you watch from just before the cross comes in, I think Bowen has a glance at Anel (not the ball) takes two steps to get close to him, looks like Bowen then puts a hand up on Anel’s left shoulder, then brings his other hand up to his right, and then as Bowen turns towards the cross his momentum swivels Anel round and Bowen bats the ball out of the air with his hand. Anel’s hands go up onto Bowen’s back, but that looks like he’s trying to push Bowen off him, who has grabbed him first.

(All ignoring the fact that in almost every game he plays Anel seems to have some incident grabbing hold of someone that looks like it could be a penalty)

Most of the angles show the last part of the ‘tangle’. If you watch from just before the cross comes in, I think Bowen has a glance at Anel (not the ball) takes two steps to get close to him, looks like Bowen then puts a hand up on Anel’s left shoulder, then brings his other hand up to his right, and then as Bowen turns towards the cross his momentum swivels Anel round and Bowen bats the ball out of the air with his hand. Anel’s hands go up onto Bowen’s back, but that looks like he’s trying to push Bowen off him, who has grabbed him first.

(All ignoring the fact that in almost every game he plays Anel seems to have some incident grabbing hold of someone that looks like it could be a penalty)
It wasn’t a push. The momentum doesn’t suggest that.

As you say Bowen is clever, grabs the taller player and unbalanced him so Anel and him both holding each other will look like the smaller guy being fouled.

It does go back to Anel’s defending though. Other players don’t get in that situation.

I’d imagine Robbo just shrugging him off before the ball comes anywhere near to them.

It wasn’t a push. The momentum doesn’t suggest that.

As you say Bowen is clever, grabs the taller player and unbalanced him so Anel and him both holding each other will look like the smaller guy being fouled.

It does go back to Anel’s defending though. Other players don’t get in that situation.

I’d imagine Robbo just shrugging him off before the ball comes anywhere near to them.
Well,Robbo didn't shrug off the grappler who unbalanced him in the last last home game leading to his own goal ,so payback for us yesterday,but Anel is a liability at this level,a walking yellow card, possibility to turn red,giving away free kicks in dangerous positions possibility to be penalties and maybe giving the rest of the defence no confidence in him to deal with situations.

Well,Robbo didn't shrug off the grappler who unbalanced him in the last last home game leading to his own goal ,so payback for us yesterday,but Anel is a liability at this level,a walking yellow card, possibility to turn red,giving away free kicks in dangerous positions possibility to be penalties and maybe giving the rest of the defence no confidence in him to deal with situations.
I think the simple equation with Anel is that his defensive shortcomings are eclipsed by his offensive contributions when in the Championship. In the Premiership they aren’t.

So either he’s got to address that or he’s got to go to a weaker league, where the team he joins dominates more, to reach better form.

There is talk of Mourinho wishing to stay in Italy and with Napoli underperforming, that being a possible destination.

Given how defensive minded Mourinho is, we’d better get a move on in selling Anel if that is the overall plan as I bet Jose would a. Favour experienced players and b. Prefer defenders who excel in defence rather than the ‘nice to haves’.

Anel seems to lack the confidence to do positive/ forward thinking things more often. I lost count of the number of mind numbing backpasses to Wes, or cross field passes to Robbo and as for the grappling, match after match after match.…..

I agree with those who suggest we cash in if we can, and get a stronger centre half. And giving him the captaincy doesn’t seem to have helped at all, but taking it from him now may crush him…..

20 million even 15. Sell him.
Bring in ohare from Coventry and big/ tall / aggressive centre half .

I was at a game on Saturday, and I'm pretty sure that I saw someone playing centre back that would fit the bill. Sure, he is playing in the North West Counties for a reason, and he could get done for pace by a milk float, but he could do all the rides at Alton Towers by nearly two feet. I trust my finder's fee is in the post?

1705923297395.png

As the players went round the ground at the end of the game, several times Anel waved. Last game for us?

As the players went round the ground at the end of the game, several times Anel waved. Last game for us?
Not sure why Wilder would install him as captain if there was a chance of hm leaving.

For me it needs to be £20m for him to leave. £15m bare minimum.

If that can all be reinvested back into the transfer pot, is it the worst bit of business though?
He's looked better since playing centrally in a 3, or when we play 4 at the back... however, i didn't like his attitude after they went 2-1 up yesterday. His head had visibly gone. You don't want your captain doing that.

There are decent CBs and Championship midfielders out there available for <£10m.

Lets say we get £15m. Surely that's enough to get Mepham and O'Hare with change spare?

We then have a domestic loan and European loans + the GK from Atletico

Not sure why Wilder would install him as captain if there was a chance of hm leaving.

If that can all be reinvested back into the transfer pot, is it the worst bit of business?
He's looked better since playing centrally in a 3, or when we play 4 at the back... however, i didn't like his attitude after they went 2-1 up yesterday. His head had visibly gone. You don't want your captain doing that.

How far away is Egan from returning?

Like many, I thought he would easily make the step up to premier league level but some of his defending is just plain fucking stupidity. We were lucky not to have a pen against us for his foul on Bowen. I have seen him do the same on countless occasions and thankfully we get away with it more often than not. He has a tendency to give away needless fouls that invite pressure.
If we can get 20 mill for him and be allowed to reinvest on a replacement then I would cash in. Sad to say, because I genuinely like him.
His distribution is not great and often just turns it back to Wes.

If that can all be reinvested back into the transfer pot, is it the worst bit of business though?

There are decent CBs and Championship midfielders out there available for <£10m.

Lets say we get £15m. Surely that's enough to get Mepham and O'Hare with change spare?

We then have a domestic loan and European loans + the GK from Atletico
Top post

Sell sell sell.
If we can bring in ohare are the croat from atletico Madrid plus maybe a big powerful centre half then sell

Back
Top Bottom