Anel Ahmedhodzic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Abdullah did insinuate that we were paying Berge around £65k a week though, I don’t believe that either.

I think he says what he thinks fans want to hear and unfortunately a lot of people take it as gospel.
Where as if you dont like what he says you say he's a liar?

Berge wanted to walk away from us on a free, meaning he pocketed a big signing on fee, and a £20m investment left for nothing

Ndaiye was offered the biggest contract in our history, made the promo then fucked off, you cant legislate for that, and what more could we have done, whilst I dont like him going as he way a key player, I have respect for him following his dreams rather than signing for the biggest wage

Sell anel
Bring in a big quality centre half and ohare a brilliant young midfielder from Coventry to replace .

both nidaye and berge wanted to leave the club and the way berge is performing at burnley weve got the best of the 2 with hamer hes not been great but has given us more than berge would have and he will be back in the championship again next season with burnley cant see any premier league club coming in for him
Not sure that Burnley supporters would agree about that

My take on Berge is that he left United to escape the unrealistic expectation (and the injury risk) to beat teams single-handed-ly. Would you rather play for a team where for 90 minutes week in week out you're given the ball at every opportunity by players worse than you and expected to then bust a gut sprinting 70m before smashing the ball into the top corner OR play for team surrounded by similarly talented players where you're on;ly expected to do your fair share.
Makes alot of sense👍

My take on Berge is that he left United to escape the unrealistic expectation (and the injury risk) to beat teams single-handed-ly. Would you rather play for a team where for 90 minutes week in week out you're given the ball at every opportunity by players worse than you and expected to then bust a gut sprinting 70m before smashing the ball into the top corner OR play for team surrounded by similarly talented players where you're on;ly expected to do your fair share.
He must have been on crack when he was thinking that. I've never ever seen him take a grip of a match on his own. Yes he wasn't cack - but whereas losing Ndiaye left you crying and heartbroken - losing Berge was a bit like losing Anel - MEH

Berge wanted to walk away from us on a free, meaning he pocketed a big signing on fee, and a £20m investment left for nothing

Ndaiye was offered the biggest contract in our history, made the promo then fucked off, you cant legislate for that, and what more could we have done, whilst I dont like him going as he way a key player, I have respect for him following his dreams rather than signing for the biggest wage
I don’t believe what he’s said, so yes, I think he’s being economical with the truth.

If you feel that the club did all it could and that the blame lies at the door of the players then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

Just offer them Premier league wages while we're in the Championship. Easy.

A little avant garde but presumably one could bake in a contract an automatic increase in wages to a fixed level if one gained promotion. You could probably call it a “Promotion Salary Rise” clause or some such legal foolishness.

I don’t believe what he’s said, so yes, I think he’s being economical with the truth.

If you feel that the club did all it could and that the blame lies at the door of the players then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

Rodley when I think Prince is rare craic on YouTube but I also remember he tried to sell us to Dozy

Not sure what some of our fans are smoking, it's as if some on here have been oblivious to how footballers act these days.

They know full well players hold all the cards ultimately even if the club holds them to their contract. A player will happily wind down his contract if they want to and there is fuck all a club can do about it. I am sure Blackburn made multiple offers to renew BBD's contract but he still fucked off to Villarreal on a free in the end.

Simon Jordan and others having been banging on for years about player power or more so agent power.

Not sure what some of our fans are smoking, it's as if some on here have been oblivious to how footballers act these days.

They know full well players hold all the cards ultimately even if the club holds them to their contract. A player will happily wind down his contract if they want to and there is fuck all a club can do about it. I am sure Blackburn made multiple offers to renew BBD's contract but he still fucked off to Villarreal on a free in the end.

Simon Jordan and others having been banging on for years about player power or more so agent power.

100%

I think its also worth bearing in mind, when some of our fan base have a complex about 'only us' or pillars the contracts team, that Kane and Mount did exactly the same to Spurs & Chelsea

I dont blame Berge for wanting to maximise his sign on value, or Ndaiye for not passing up the chance to feature for his boyhood club in the Champions League

But it is ok to acknowledge the power that the player holds, and blame them not the club

But they were both being paid a fortune with their respective clubs. You don’t seem to get the fact that we cannot afford to pay fortunes and subsequently players who have developed with us and want to move onto to bigger clubs and salaries will not sign unless we break our wage structure which also includes a relegation clause

Kane fee was £90m and Mount fee was £55m.

Both of those players are replaceable for that amount of money.
Berge was £15m and we replaced him for £10m. Kane is currently providing value for money for Bayern but Mount is up there with Kalvin Phillips as one of the most overrated English footballers.

Kane fee was £90m and Mount fee was £55m.

Both of those players are replaceable for that amount of money.
Not sure what your point is, but if your alluding that you feel they got a fair price whereas we didnt, then its worth bearing in mind that Kane & Mount are several levels up and as such will always command a bigger fee, also someone/thing is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay - do you think if Brentford (who I think would have been a great fit for Sander) came in for him and offer £5m more he wouldnt be playing for the Bees right now.

I would also question your replaceable comment

Toney is been hawked around with a £100m price tag, hes good, but no Kane. Man U paid £72m for Hojlund, not much change from Kanes fee, but fuck me a world apart
Enzo Fernandez took Mounts place, yes cost twice as much
Somewhere in the middle of those prices (£75m) is Havartz - who is nowhere near Kane or Mount

But they were both being paid a fortune with their respective clubs. You don’t seem to get the fact that we cannot afford to pay fortunes and subsequently players who have developed with us and want to move onto to bigger clubs and salaries will not sign unless we break our wage structure which also includes a relegation clause
Agree - 100%

Also bear in mind even if we were to offer a club record wage (Ndaiye), the option of playing in Marseille for your boyhood team in the Champions League, but for £5k less than a relegation battle in Sheffield, lets be honest, most people wouldnt be training in -3 temps at Shirecliffe today

Doyle had an amazing season with us, clearly built a bond, but would take a relegation clause in a £30k contract?!

Stop believing these lads have an affiliation like us, and they treat this like you treat your job - come in do your bit, but if competitor X down the road offered you an extra 10 grand you'd be writing your notice quicker than Mousset heading to Kebabish at closing time

A little avant garde but presumably one could bake in a contract an automatic increase in wages to a fixed level if one gained promotion. You could probably call it a “Promotion Salary Rise” clause or some such legal foolishness.
Not so much avant garde as pointless so you can called it what you like. They wouldn’t sign it. They want higher wages and want it guaranteed, regardless of the division we’re in.
As I said, Premier League wages in the Championship.

Berge was £15m and we replaced him for £10m. Kane is currently providing value for money for Bayern but Mount is up there with Kalvin Phillips as one of the most overrated English footballers.
Are you saying that Berge’s replacement was Souza? If so then we failed badly.

Berge’s best position for us was on the right in a midfield 3, we haven’t bought anyone in that position. Hamer may come good in a goalscoring MF role.
Not sure what your point is, but if your alluding that you feel they got a fair price whereas we didnt, then its worth bearing in mind that Kane & Mount are several levels up and as such will always command a bigger fee, also someone/thing is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay - do you think if Brentford (who I think would have been a great fit for Sander) came in for him and offer £5m more he wouldnt be playing for the Bees right now.

I would also question your replaceable comment

Toney is been hawked around with a £100m price tag, hes good, but no Kane. Man U paid £72m for Hojlund, not much change from Kanes fee, but fuck me a world apart
Enzo Fernandez took Mounts place, yes cost twice as much
Somewhere in the middle of those prices (£75m) is Havartz - who is nowhere near Kane or Mount
Kane was very good for Spurs, but you’ve used a couple of bad signings to backup your point.

I bet Brighton or Brentford could do a lot with £145m, it might just be that Spurs and Chelsea recruit incorrectly in the main and go for the “he’s expensive so he must be good” approach.

I do feel that we got less than we should have for both, albeit Berge was never going to bring in the £30m that some of our fans said he was worth, he just wasn’t, even on a longer contract.

Ndiaye was priceless to us, I couldn’t even begin to put a value on his worth to a club like ours. It’s criminal that he got anywhere near the end of his contract.

Are you saying that Berge’s replacement was Souza? If so then we failed badly.

Berge’s best position for us was on the right in a midfield 3, we haven’t bought anyone in that position. Hamer may come good in a goalscoring MF role.
Hamer.

I think Heckingbottom's original plan was to replace Norwood with Souza and play Fleck/Souza/Berge across the middle. Berge leaving and Fleck's latest injury changed that and started the dominos falling.

Hamer.

I think Heckingbottom's original plan was to replace Norwood with Souza and play Fleck/Souza/Berge across the middle. Berge leaving and Fleck's latest injury changed that and started the dominos falling.
They really fell when Thomas missed two sitters in the first 15 mins against Newcastle

Hamer.

If that was Heckys plan he needed sacking thinking that Fleck was anywhere good enough hes L1 standard at best

Not so much avant garde as pointless so you can called it what you like. They wouldn’t sign it. They want higher wages and want it guaranteed, regardless of the division we’re in.
As I said, Premier League wages in the Championship.

I’m not sure in the case of Ndiaye we tried hard, early enough. He was on substantially less than £10k per week.

I think the post above summarised Berge; would he sign a new deal if we’d been hawking him around transfer window after transfer window? It’s questionable.

Hamer.

Didn’t we pay £15m for Hamer (reportedly)?

In fairness to Hamer he should be very good in the Championship and he’s probably not done well enough this season yet to get a move when we go down so we should still have him.

If he planned to play John Fleck his plan was seriously flawed from the start. Vintage Fleck was excellent, 2022 onwards Fleck has been poor/injured.

In the championship, I agree, though in the PL he may have only shone as brightly as McAtee and Anel have (so far).
We will never know, unless he ends up in the PL.
McAtee is our best player this season, he’s an actual good footballer. Ndiaye is also, we don’t have many others.

Everyone will always say that Ndiaye might have been average to poor in the PL, we’ll never know but it’s the ‘jealous ex’ syndrome for me. He’d have had a much better chance of being good in the PL than a lot of our other forward players because he’s an excellent footballer.

Didn’t we pay £15m for Hamer (reportedly)?

In fairness to Hamer he should be very good in the Championship and he’s probably not done well enough this season yet to get a move when we go down so we should still have him.

If he planned to play John Fleck his plan was seriously flawed from the start. Vintage Fleck was excellent, 2022 onwards Fleck has been poor/injured.
I had a mental block and completely forgot about McAtee and Doyle. Replace Fleck with one of those in Hecky's original plan.

Coventry want people to believe we paid £15m for Hamer but I would imagine that is the worst (well, best) case scenario. Up front would be £10-£11m with the rest in variables.

its not that long ago burnley fans were slating berge as one of the clubs worst value for money buys 🤔
First few weeks of the season yes but he's won them over and rate him as one of their better /best player

Though he's hardly ripping the PL apart and going to keep them up.

Back
Top Bottom