CONFIRMED Anel Ahmedhodžić signs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The praise for Hecky gives a real insight into what he brings to the club and how good he is as a manager.
Dead right. Real testament to Hecky and his qualities as a manager. Basically he’s saying ‘I had “better” offers, but the way Hecky sold the club and my role in it made me want to come here.’

If he goes for a massive fee some time in the future (I hope not) that alone will be a tremendous legacy for Hecky whatever else happens.

Best bit of transfer business in years and years.

Agree....even by Premier standards he stands out.

I honestly think he'll end up being our best ever signing.
Destined for a Champions power house team, a Man City, Liverpool etc.
At worse he'll end up a highly paid Man Utd player.

I’m hoping he ends up at Premier League Super Power Sheffield United. And on Match of the Day they will call him Anel, in the style of “Trent”!

Needs a chant.

I’d just like to point out that you can probably get his full name into the song 🎵 Brown Girl in the Ring🎵

Anel Ahmedhodzic na na na na na
Anel Ahmedhodzic na na na na na na
Anel Ahmedhodzic na na na na na
He’s taking us to the Premier League dum dum

You’re welcome 😉

I’d struggle to sign that sober, let alone pissed.

Just imagine if we had a fully fit JOC on the left side.
1_CpkSuNVkZ0VEupquJIBTMA.gif
You'd feel reasonably confident with Iliman, Berge, Anel, Bogle etc we have a youngish core of players who could step up to the PL.

Brilliant signing.
Might end up being one of the best signings in our entire history, bought him for £3 million and end up selling for £80 million.

Seems hard to believe, we had Basham and O'Connell playing this brilliant overlapping centre back style.
Basham has loads of experience playing as a right back and midfielder so that role suite him brilliantly.
O'Connell has experience playing as a left back, so asking him to get forward down the wing also suited him really well.

We've been trying to find replacements for the past 2 years and failed miserably.
In fairness it will be tough to find a central defender who can dribble and is comfortable getting forward with vision and good passing/ crossing ability.

So it seems incredible that we've not only found a replacement for Basham
but someone who appears to be better than Bashambauer in his prime and incredibly still a very young age.

Though I rate Egan, and happy he's been in our team, especially the promotion season, and Anel isn't his replacement, what a difference it makes to have one of the back line pop up and score goals.
I'm not being critical of Egan, but to think of all those brilliantly worked corners and free kicks over the CW/AK years when he was clear on goal, but didn't convert the chances, even JO'C sometimes.
Yes, we might have won anyway last night, 1-0 or 2-0, with Egan hitting the shot wide, or heading over the bar, even Bash doing great, but not scoring.
This, to me is our biggest turning point over the last few years - great movement, well-worked routines, and then someone who can actually convert those opportunities.
It's mouthwatering thinking what we can do this season.

Though I rate Egan, and happy he's been in our team, especially the promotion season, and Anel isn't his replacement, what a difference it makes to have one of the back line pop up and score goals.
I'm not being critical of Egan, but to think of all those brilliantly worked corners and free kicks over the CW/AK years when he was clear on goal, but didn't convert the chances, even JO'C sometimes.
Yes, we might have won anyway last night, 1-0 or 2-0, with Egan hitting the shot wide, or heading over the bar, even Bash doing great, but not scoring.
This, to me is our biggest turning point over the last few years - great movement, well-worked routines, and then someone who can actually convert those opportunities.
It's mouthwatering thinking what we can do this season.
I was just thinking the same earlier today HVR.I have always rated John Egan extremely highly, fantastic first year in The Prem but unlike then he no longer appears a threat at set pieces, be great if he could recapture that part of his game like the time he scored a late winner against Wolves 🐺

Reactions: HVR
What a player, not only does this kid seem to be absolutely brilliant, his name is Anel, which is amusing in itself, but, his wife is called 'Marijana'..... you couldnt write this shit, I'm guessing that was a great conversation when personal terms were discussed......."I will sign, but I must bring Marijana with me!"....

"Were sorry Anel, but we cant have you smoking that whilst you play for Sheffield United!"

"No, my wife, Marijana!"

"Oh I see!".

😂

What a player, not only does this kid seem to be absolutely brilliant, his name is Anel, which is amusing in itself, but, his wife is called 'Marijana'..... you couldnt write this shit, I'm guessing that was a great conversation when personal terms were discussed......."I will sign, but I must bring Marijana with me!"....

"Were sorry Anel, but we cant have you smoking that whilst you play for Sheffield United!"

"No, my wife, Marijana!"

"Oh I see!".

😂

Like women, the best ones always leave eventually when they get a better offer 😁. Only promotion means we can keep his sort for long time.

Back
Top Bottom