Andros Townsend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where would we play him?

Descriptions about him says he's good in any forward role, a proper two footed player. Except for an attacking midfielder number 8 style role I'm not quite sure where he his role would be in our team?

Good player all the same, lots of experience in the Premier league, just a case of keeping him fit.

A lot of ‘coulds’ and ‘mights’ in that article

He was a good player but i don’t think there is any weight to this story though.
Some Everton no-mark blogger has read a Dom Howson (he's a pig btw) article on YorkshireLive that listed about half a dozen free agents, regurgitated the bit about Townsend, then stuck a misleading headline on it. Nothing to see here.

We should have gone in for him
He's fit ,he's done a pre season with Burnley so he's probably fitter than most of our squad and he's a good experienced head in a part of the pitch we need one
Can't see it happening now like but I thought he would be a good fit

Anyone remember the stick he got at the League Cup Semi Final v Spurs away? Every time he took a corner near us, he got a rousing chorus of "You're just a shit Theo Walcott". Funny.

Heard someone on TalkShite a few weeks back that was talking about the experience of being a footballer, his role at the club, and how he would be looking to help the younger lads improve. Sounded really intelligent and was a bit jarring compared to the usual drivel on TS. Turns out it was Andros Townsend. Clearly an intelligent lad who understands the game of football.

If I think back to the best older players we've ever had: McGrath, Didzy, McCall etc, they've all been players that get by on their intelligence rather than their physicality.

Not sure how much game time we'd get out of him but if his experience can help the younger lads I say gerrimin.

I honestly thought he had retired as he's been working as a pundit and commentator for years now!

He spoke really well about us in our loss to Man City when he was a pundit in the studio.
If it’s on an appearance related deal can’t see why it wouldn’t be a good signing, pray for his hamstrings

sign the belgravia centre cunt

View attachment 170521

Employs the latest “Aero-Syrup” technology; when breaking out into a sprint the syrup detaches from the front of the scalp to swing behind the head, substantially improving aerodynamics of the player. When he slows to a lower velocity it returns to its former position on his head, thus restoring the aesthetic!

Employs the latest “Aero-Syrup” technology; when breaking out into a sprint the syrup detaches from the front of the scalp to swing behind the head, substantially improving aerodynamics of the player. When he slows to a lower velocity it returns to its former position on his head, thus restoring the aesthetic!

Like a bog roll set up…is it a cap or a mullet?

No idea if we're interested but that article doesn't say we are.
This.
And it reeks as though Burnley did a medical and weren't impressed. They/he probably wouldn't want to make that public to scupper anyone else's potential interest.
But again, the headline of the article is just clickbait. just mentions someone unrelated's musings!?!

Back
Top Bottom