Andros Townsend

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

S6Blademan

Reaction score
We have to be in for him

Free agent & back fit

Can play anywhere on the left side

If he is fit and wants to be at it he’d be good enough to play left back / left wing Back / left centre mid and behind a striker for us

And more importantly he isn’t Max Lowe

Need youth and we need drive.

We do t need a has been who’s looking for his last years salary to top up his retirement fund while on the golf course.

Quality is fine but only if is fit, willing and prepared to go beyond his limits for the team.

Rated him when he was first coming through at Spurs but must admit he's fallen off my radar since. Didn't realise he's 32 already.

Did preseason with Burnley and was all set to join them but they got cold feet and pulled their offer after he'd had his medical.

Unlikely to "want to be at it" as OP puts it, so it's a no from me.

I'd go in for him
Did a pre season with. Urnley who offered him a contract and withdrew it when they signed someone else
Possibly berge

Rated him when he was first coming through at Spurs but must admit he's fallen off my radar since. Didn't realise he's 32 already.

Did preseason with Burnley and was all set to join them but they got cold feet and pulled their offer after he'd had his medical.

You don’t know whether he wants to be “at it”

We need bodies IMO and there ain’t much better signings than him about on a free

Pretty sure he got through the medical fine but they did withdraw contract

Need youth and we need drive.

We do t need a has been who’s looking for his last years salary to top up his retirement fund while on the golf course.

Quality is fine but only if is fit, willing and prepared to go beyond his limits for the team.

How do you know he wants his retirement fund topping up ?

I’m sure If we did want him it wouldn’t be a 5 year contract

How do you know he wants his retirement fund topping up ?

I’m sure If we did want him it wouldn’t be a 5 year contract
It's more likely to be his hair restoration fund tbf. All that minoxidil can't come cheap.

Didn’t he come back off a very bad injury. Was it ACL? At 34, even if he’s fit, is he going to be the same player?

I'd go in for him
Did a pre season with. Urnley who offered him a contract and withdrew it when they signed someone else
Possibly berge
I would have reservations about this one. I would feel if he was ticking all the right boxes for Burnley, they wouldn't have gone looking to spend a lot of cash on an alternative.

We have to be in for him

Free agent & back fit

Can play anywhere on the left side

If he is fit and wants to be at it he’d be good enough to play left back / left wing Back / left centre mid and behind a striker for us

And more importantly he isn’t Max Lowe
I'd definitely take him.

If he has no other options, and wants to stay in the PL surely a pay as you play deal would be perfect?

Aye
Fits the profile (again):-
Young
Developmental opportunity
Resale value
reasonable wages
vast experience in position(s) we are lacking
Regular starter in last 2 seasons
Match fit & ready
Motivated (following rejection by likely relegation rival(s)
Competition for Otto

Last edited:
I don't think it would hurt to add some experience and depth to our attacking options.

We're always an injury or two away from dipping into academy lads and we've seen with Osula that isn't a healthy place to be.

Totally appreciate he isn't an amazing option but he's a good option for our predicament.
I'd also invite Tuanzebe in to train.

The age issue doesn't particularly bother me, if his attitude is good and he's fit and he wants to come then it's a yes from me, he probably isn't the player he was but he was a very good player doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good acquisition for us at the moment, could be good for both parties.

Just thinking of wether he could be our next didsy. Aging player, on a free, good technical ability and experience. He would probably adapt to playing more of a CAM if fit. Not convinced he would suit anything defensive eg LB/RB or LWB/RWB though.

It’s not the ‘age issue’ that is a problem, it’s the ‘cruciate ligament injury’ issue and the ‘not played for a year’ issue that is worrying me.
Correct.

Not played a game for Everton since April 2022.
Cruciate ligament injuries end player careers, and at 31/32, he may not recover to a decent standard.

If he hadn't been injured, and just come to the end of the contract, i'd be up for this

Surely, It would take months to get him match fit? He may not even be able to get up to speed at all after so long off at his age.

Does not fit in with our blue print for players and been released by one of our relegation rivals which speaks volumes for his capability.

Pay as you play contract? Would be fine, we need All the help we can get!

Back
Top Bottom