Andrew Surman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DazBlade88

Staff member
Reaction score
Southampton will be forced to sell England Under-21 midfielder Andrew Surman in January to avoid administration. (Daily Mirror)

I'd like to see us try and go for this kid, looks a good player.

Wouldnt be surprised to see him goto a prem club.

Although he is certainly worth a punt.

Great player (or will be in time) - my mate is a soft southern Saint and he loves him. I'd love to rub his smug shandy-drinking face in it.

Portsmouth will sign Andrew Surman from local rivals Southampton in a £3m deal ( The Sun )

Would be a great addition... let's hope we can get a good deal for him.

To be frank, i think Andrew Surman would be the best signing since James Beattie, top player on his day.

A good player with plenty still to come I think. A very shrewd signing if we can pull it off, though I'm very surprised no PL clubs have shown interest.

My Saints fan mate, THE most pessimistic "fan" on the planet, says he has far too many off days. Good player on his day though.

Yeah. I've seen him play quite a few times, but he can be frustrating. I think he'd step up his game if he was to sign for us though. A good addition to the squad if you ask me.

Southampton desperate to sell.
Surman desperate to go.
United showing a lot of interest.

Pretty much a done deal then and more than likely for a low fee.

What happened to all that talk of bringing Tonge back, he still can't make the subs bench at Stoke.
Both Tonge and Glenn Whelan struggled to make Stoke's bench. Whelan fought tooth and nail to get into the frame, and all I've heard about Tonge is that he's feeling sorry for himself - he told Nick Montgomery that he wishes he hadn't made the move.

Both Tonge and Glenn Whelan struggled to make Stoke's bench. Whelan fought tooth and nail to get into the frame, and all I've heard about Tonge is that he's feeling sorry for himself - he told Nick Montgomery that he wishes he hadn't made the move.

This article suggests differently:

Tonge seeks bigger role at Stoke
Midfielder Michael Tonge is prepared to stay with Stoke City and challenge for a first-team place next season.

The 25-year-old signed from Sheffield United for £2m in September but played just twice for the Potters in 2009.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "It's been frustrating because I've not played as much as I would have liked.

"But I'm looking forward to next season. Everyone starts on a level playing field again, and hopefully I can play myself into the team."

Tonge made just two starts all season - against Portsmouth in the Premier League in October, and in the FA Cup defeat to Hartlepool in January.

Despite his continued absence from the first team, Tonge remains convinced that he made the right move to join Stoke, and believes he can play a more important role for them in their second season in the Premier League.

"Even though I've not played as much as I would have liked, I've really enjoyed it. I've settled in really well and everyone at the club has made me feel really welcome.

"When you got to a new club, you want to prove that you're good enough. I've got no thoughts of leaving. I just want to play a bigger part than I did last season.

"I want to try and impress the manager in the pre-season games. The lads that have played the majority of the season will be in a strong position.

"You just want to start the season flying, because everyone will be coming back a little bit rusty and no one's got any sort of form. If you hit form early doors, you can make a statement for starting."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/8083304.stm

Would be a good signing!

I'll believe it when i see it though!

Apologies for double post

Sheffield United have made an undisclosed bid for the Southampton midfielder Andrew Surman, BBC Radio Sheffield reports.

It is understood the Blades registered their interest earlier this week, but it is not yet known if the bid has been accepted by the Saints.

The ex-England under-21 international was Southampton's second top goal scorer with seven efforts last season.

Surman can play in a number of roles, including left midfield and left-back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/8086033.stm

Yeah, I agree with SB - no doubt a Premier League club will come in for him now we've apparently made a bid for him.

I wouldn't be suprised if Hull or someone like that make a bid for him.

Rumours going around the bid is 1 million
would be a good buy if this was true

Lallana is also good, but Surman has done it for that bit longer, and proved himself, i can see Lallana going aswell, but maybe not till January, once he's destroyed League One!

Back
Top Bottom