Player Suggestion Chris Willock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
If/when we let Berge go, we would ideally replace him, immediately with an established attacking midfielder (McAtee looks like he'll need easing in).

Chris Willock is up there with the best in the league. Can play tikki takka or on the counter attack. I'd suspect recent injury is the only reason he's not getting a move to the Prem. On reflection, I don't recall seeing any transfer rumours about him anywhere.

No real idea how much QPR would want, or if he has any release clause etc. It's very possible we're talking £10-15m which would price us out of a realistic move - unless he forced the issue perhaps.

Anyway I think he'd be a perfect option for us in a front three or behind one or two strikers, so just putting it out there.

You've managed to suggest him and rule him out immediately in the same post.

Hats off, that's brutally efficient 😁
Haha yes... To be honest I did remember halfway through why I hadn't started this thread before😄

(Bowler doubtless a cheaper option to replace Sander, though maybe less rounded as a player)

Doyle was pretty decent in that role last night. Looks some player!
Agreed, but with Fleck out we only have two players who seem capable in that role and they're not going to be able to play every game. I'd say Arblaster is nearer to Berge than Doyle in terms of how he plays.

O'Hare definitely worth keeping an eye on

If he shows enough to suggest he's recovered from the ACL injury (sustained against us) he's an ideal target ahead of next season

We need to aim to sign attacking midfielders permanently. And being out of contract soon, he's a stand out candidate

Chair from QPR is also a good option. He seems to be waking up from the Ainsworth slumber, like Willock

We should try hard for Joe Rothwell as well. Different player to others mentioned here, but offers a lot of the same things dribbling and creativity wise, especially at championship level. And we were interested previously - with the same chief scout

We should try hard for Joe Rothwell as well. Different player to others mentioned here, but offers a lot of the same things dribbling and creativity wise, especially at championship level. And we were interested previously - with the same chief scout
Most of Bournemouths bench is top end championship quality that can't get in the 11.

I would take Rothwell and Brooks as a replacement for McAtee

If we lose Archer as expected that needs reinvesting in an attacking player of similar quality, maybe Brooks could be an option there. Would love to see him back

O'Hare looked good on Friday against Birmingham.
Coventry might be a bit fed up with us nicking players off them though.

Do you think Sam Szmodics would be a decent signing. Scores a lot of goals always looked dangerous against us last season. I think he still has a couple of years left on his contract.
could be reminds me of how hamer performed in the championship last season but any permanent move would surely be in the summer if we get relegated

Rumour has it that Iliman is coming back in January - I'm sure all the ITKs will be bleeting about it soon. Willock is an ideal backup for when Ili needs to be subbed.

#Rumourmill

Back
Top Bottom