Outgoing? Andre Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Just signed a new deal till 2027, so no need to worry about losing players for nothing in this instance.

I don't quite believe the rumour anyway, I would think that clubs like Man Utd might be keeping tabs on him but I'd think they would want to see how he gets on for the rest of the season.

I would imagine that every team worth their salt would have scouts keeping an eye on Brooks, and other young players like him. His performance on Sunday will have done him no harm at all.

Can't be long before an England under 21 cap comes his way, surely? Problem is if he keeps going this well and we go down we might struggle to keep him.

Retire the number 35 shirt in his honour if we sell him.
Worked out well for Bellingham 😂

Maybe he'll want to stay to be part of an exciting new era in our history with the likes of him and Blaster at the heart of it as we build a club that will be vying for Europe within three years with young players at its core and a new owner lined up to add a touch of quality experience here and there.

Or maybe he'll see us an unambitious development club and quickly jump through the open door that we'll have wedged open for him.

True and to be fair Wilder has said he needs to work on that part of his game. Although Wilder still thinks he is a much better option than Norwood, Fleck or Osborn.
Playing with 10 is a better option than Fleck these days

Obviously a local lad but he supports Man Utd not Blades.
There's no way he has more affinity with them than he does the Blades if he's been here since he was 8 years old. No chance. They're his second team whether he believes that himself or not

There's no way he has more affinity with them than he does the Blades if he's been here since he was 8 years old. No chance. They're his second team whether he believes that himself or not

He’ll have an affinity with whoever’s going to pay him £40,000 per week like we all would! :)

Obviously he's not a diehard supporter of either, I'm just saying he's not a big blades fan like Sharp/Arblaster etc. If Sharp weren't a Blade I doubt he'd have stayed as long.

Sorry, let's take a minute to realise where we are in the grand scheme of things..

We need to get the best deal we can, and let the lad get a dream move ..

We are not in a position to hold him back with the current ownership, these players are ones you build a team around, and while were skint how can we do that...

The club is in the same situation it was with numerous other starlets like Brooks, the Kyle's, and Maguire..

We have stagnated due to lack of serious money at the top, brooks will pay the bills like the rest of them did..

Sorry, let's take a minute to realise where we are in the grand scheme of things..

We need to get the best deal we can, and let the lad get a dream move ..

We are not in a position to hold him back with the current ownership, these players are ones you build a team around, and while were skint how can we do that...

The club is in the same situation it was with numerous other starlets like Brooks, the Kyle's, and Maguire..

We have stagnated due to lack of serious money at the top, brooks will pay the bills like the rest of them did..
lol. I’m guessing you’re being sarcastic? Surely nobody can be that defeatist?

lol. I’m guessing you’re being sarcastic? Surely nobody can be that defeatist?
No I'm being deadly serious ...

We haven't cashed out on Illiman and sander for the laugh you know, they've funded this seasons transfers, the loan is paying players wages.. skint!

We are a selling club...sorry if that tastes a bit sour...

No I'm being deadly serious ...

We haven't cashed out on Illiman and sander for the laugh you know, they've funded this seasons transfers, the loan is paying players wages.. skint!

We are a selling club...sorry if that tastes a bit sour...
Nah you’re right. We cashed in on illy and Berge because they both had 12 months left and refused to sign new deals. That’s not skint. That’s called being business smart.

We’re a selling club as all but 5/6 in the world are.

Obviously a local lad but he supports Man Utd not Blades.

Really? The club tweeted recently that he is a Boyhood Blade, when he signed the new deal. Or was that more in reference to him being in the academy from a young age?

Really? The club tweeted recently that he is a Boyhood Blade, when he signed the new deal. Or was that more in reference to him being in the academy from a young age?
I think so mate.. my best friends brother grew up with him so I know bits. I don't think he's a massive fan of anyone but Man Utd was his team growing up.

Agree completely, that is all I'm getting at, we are not financially in a position to hold brooks or Osula back should established Premier league teams bid for them..
Which established Premier league clubs are sniffing around Osula?

Agree completely, that is all I'm getting at, we are not financially in a position to hold brooks or Osula back should established Premier league teams bid for them..
Okay, so your answer is to sell them the second anyone shows interest/supposed interest?

The will we-won't we debate is premature. Brooks needs to play quite a few games and play well before any thought of selling is considered. Of course our owner may assume a different position, but until it's clear that Brooks' talent is proven prem quality (and I must add, the boy shows great promise) we should enjoy him as he develops and see what happens. If, as most of us seem to imagine, Brooks has the consistency needed at this level only then should the thought of a sale be considered, and if that happens add an additional £10-20 mil to the already suggested £30 million.

Okay, so your answer is to sell them the second anyone shows interest/supposed interest?

It's not my answer, it's what the club has done historically over the years to fund the running of the club, due to owners not quite having the funds..

It's a fact..

The Prince has been honest enough to admit that he hasn't the funds to take us any further...

Can't see why it's difficult to understand , if you're a bit frustrated that's OK, but I've had years of this kind of disappointment.. its nothing new..

Back
Top Bottom