Outgoing? Andre Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The will we-won't we debate is premature. Brooks needs to play quite a few games and play well before any thought of selling is considered. Of course our owner may assume a different position, but until it's clear that Brooks' talent is proven prem quality (and I must add, the boy shows great promise) we should enjoy him as he develops and see what happens. If, as most of us seem to imagine, Brooks has the consistency needed at this level only then should the thought of a sale be considered, and if that happens add an additional £10-20 mil to the already suggested £30 million.

Was it hecky that said "enjoy him while he's here" about ndieye last season?

That's how to look at it isn't it..

Was it hecky that said "enjoy him while he's here" about ndieye last season?

That's how to look at it isn't it..
As always mate, but let's not allow our desperation to cash in muddy our thinking when it comes to a genuinely accurate valuation. As I said, if Brooks continues to develop, especially against some of the prem's better sides, then let's squeeze this for a price that accurately reflects his talent.

Brooks has a long way to go before the big boys will put their money on the table.

At the moment he’s in the “promising” category, having done ok in a few games.
He needs to show he can adapt his game to suit the opposition and start tearing teams open and having an impact on goals, be it scoring them or directly creating them.

A couple of nutmegs ain’t enough.

Where he goes from here will be down to him and how he manages the attention and success so far, and mixes it with the hard work to improve as well as the luck needed to avoid the injuries.

But it’s so far so good for me.

Really? The club tweeted recently that he is a Boyhood Blade, when he signed the new deal. Or was that more in reference to him being in the academy from a young age?
He said he was a blade when the club interviewed after that Spurs game (or it might have been his debut last season).

I guess growing up he might have like Man United too, as a lot of kids do.

He said he was a blade when the club interviewed after that Spurs game (or it might have been his debut last season).

I guess growing up he might have like Man United too, as a lot of kids do.
He's a Shiregreen lad,always been a blade always will be like Walker & Billy

Brooks has a long way to go before the big boys will put their money on the table.

At the moment he’s in the “promising” category, having done ok in a few games.
He needs to show he can adapt his game to suit the opposition and start tearing teams open and having an impact on goals, be it scoring them or directly creating them.

A couple of nutmegs ain’t enough.

Where he goes from here will be down to him and how he manages the attention and success so far, and mixes it with the hard work to improve as well as the luck needed to avoid the injuries.

But it’s so far so good for me.
Let’s see how good he is in the PL in season 2025/26.

He's very raw and far from the finished article but he is showing glimpses of what might be while at the same time plugging a gap in our midfield that would take at least 20 million or a loan spot to fill
This way we are giving experience and developing one of our own players instead of someone from the top 6 and he is doing his job
He's got legs and can carry the ball better than every other midfielder we have ,everything else he can do is a bonus

A good comparison is McAtee who's only months older than him.
In terms of showing genuine ability over a reasonably long period, Brooksy has got a way to go.
McAtee has 12 months of professional football on him though. Remember what he was like for the first 4 months or so? It was in a league below in a better performing team, too.

Another comparison you could do is Ndiaye, who hadn’t yet started a first team game for us when he was Andre’s age.

McAtee has 12 months of professional football on him though. Remember what he was like for the first 4 months or so? It was in a league below in a better performing team, too.

Another comparison you could do is Ndiaye, who hadn’t yet started a first team game for us when he was Andre’s age.
Will be surprised if he is as good as either McAtee or Ndiaye but more than happy to be proved wrong.

After he was subbed he jogged round the pitch to the bench. A few games ago he always looked like he had cramp from 60 mins on. Hopefully he's getting up to fitness now - which will help him improvem

Back
Top Bottom