An Unmitigated Disaster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m sure he didn’t want to leave, but the situation has obviously become untenable presumably due to demands from the Prince.
He had better come up with a good plan and replacement and hope it works, and not Big Sam or some of the other characters mentioned by some of those on here who wanted Wilder gone. No sensible person will accept a poor replacement and another slide through the divisions that we have seen prevously when we had Wilder in charge.
Although, I think it is only fair to add that it could also be "due to demands from CW".

Again. He's left by mutual consent apparently. He also wanted to leave, he's not been sacked, he's not resigned, he's literally agreed to leave.

Are you actually surprised? This is the worse finish to a season in the top flight in our history, he has been constantly sticking the knife in to media for the past month regards the board. He hasn't changed tactics and "they still work, anyone that doesn't see that is a playstation manager"

If only he hadn't been do good.

If only he'd got us to be a good established Championship team. Then we wouldn't be having this terrible season.

Stupid Chris Wilder giving us such high expectations

Yeah, good point with the keepers. I'd gone for Baldock because I thought he'd need to let a big name go to show willing and we've got Bogle to replace him. I also think Baldock is our most saleable asset (out of the players who are currently fit)
I wouldn't disagree but I just feel Baldock will be on the "keep unless big offer comes in" list. The way I see it, every player has their price - no matter how daft these seem they're the level I think United would need offers to be at for us to sell.

£25m+
Berge

£20m+
O'Connell, Ramsdale, Brewster

£15m+
Bogle

£10m+
Fleck, Egan, Baldock, McBurnie, McGoldrick

£5m+
Basham, Freeman

£2m+
Norwood, Osborn, Lowe

£1m+
Stevens, Burke

Any offer
Verrips, Foderingham, Mousset, Robinson

Contract up and leaving
Lundstram, Moore

Not worth selling (worth more to United than to any other team)
Sharp, Jagielka

I wouldn't disagree but I just feel Baldock will be on the "keep unless big offer comes in" list. The way I see it, every player has their price - no matter how daft these seem they're the level I think United would need offers to be at for us to sell.

£25m+
Berge

£20m+
O'Connell, Ramsdale, Brewster

£15m+
Bogle

£10m+
Fleck, Egan, Baldock, McBurnie, McGoldrick

£5m+
Basham, Freeman

£2m+
Norwood, Osborn, Lowe

£1m+
Stevens, Burke

Any offer
Verrips, Foderingham, Mousset, Robinson

Contract up and leaving
Lundstram, Moore

Not worth selling (worth more to United than to any other team)
Sharp, Jagielka

My big worry is that Wilder had a 'keep unless a big offer comes in' list but Prince Abdullah has a 'need to sell these' list

They've made his position untenable. Anybody with an ounce of self respect would walk. They've come to the negotiating table at the 11th hour but I think this is it unfortunately.

Again. He's left by mutual consent apparently. He also wanted to leave, he's not been sacked, he's not resigned, he's literally agreed to leave.

Are you actually surprised? This is the worse finish to a season in the top flight in our history,
Didn't realise it had finished

Well s

Well said, we can't just go all doom and gloom and say its a disaster. Yes Chris has done the unthinkable with us and for that we'll be forever grateful but these last 12 month have been an absolute joke that he couldn't pull us out of and to be quite honest looked completely out of his depth. He hasn't improved the squad as such even tho we've spent in excess of 100m. I'm gonna reserve judgment until we see who we get in and what the board put in place for next season. Don't anybody forget this owner has backed us in the transfer more than anybody else EVER.

The owner hasn't put £1 towards our premier league transfers. A long, long way from our biggest backer in the transfer market.

The owner hasn't put £1 towards our premier league transfers. A long, long way from our biggest backer in the transfer market.
So where's the £130m we've spent come from? Yes you can say prem money but the owner still has to release those funds and sanction the incoming and out goings. So ye I'd say our biggest backer in any transfer market.

Of course the owners have every right to change the manager. But the timing of this make no sense at all.

Well we're screwed for a while then .
I don't think another manager is going to get that group of players promoted even when they are all back fit.
Gone from a possible promotion bid next season to a rebuild which will take years to get back to what we had.

Those of us who’ve been around long enough know the cycle well enough, which is why I did my best to savour all the great moments of the Wilder era.

The Prince and his advisers have made a catastrophic error with this one; Wilder provided cover for the leadership void that exists at The Lane. Now that cover is blown and we have needlessly lost one of the best managers in the business....well we know the rest.

Back
Top Bottom