an off night

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
After comments from opposition fans this season i.e. “we had an off day”... i am really surprised to read those slating our performance against liverpool.

Yes we didnt get the ball and could barely touch them, but at the end of the day, that was Liverpool’s tactics and it worked a treat. We got outclassed and they made us look like a championship team, and there’s no shame in that (you only have to look at the 0-4 leicester game to back that up!). It’s how we come back from this result that matters

Credit to them, a truly special team. But I maintain that we did ourselves no favours whatsoever last night, and seemed to forget what to do with a football.

Wilder said as much too.

We kicked Villa's best two-McGinn & Grealish from the first minute but no one went near any of Liverpool's players until Besic came on-way too late.Far too much respect.

One of them games when you say God they were good
Its taken Klopp 4 years in the prem to get them that good. We are 5 months into our 6th season in the top flight in 55 years and the first for 12 years.
We were like rabbits in the headlights of a juggernaut at full speed.

Never stood a chance with what was a near perfect display from Liverpool.
Stop beating our selves up over it as we are at the bottom of a learning curve.
Our aim was to avoid the bottom 3 and is still the aim until we win 4 more or 2 more and 5 draws
Staying up was always our priority not giving Liverpool a hiding. Bit of a big ask just now

We lost 2-0 to the best team in the world, we were league 1 not so long back, I think we've done ok!
Liecester were prem champions not so long ago, and they got drummed 4-0, there's some perspective needed here, plus, Klopp is a very good manager, he knew how to set up against us as he's done his homework.
I'm disappointed we didn't put up more of a fight, I thought we looked tired and were too respectful of Liverpool, but we're 8th and I've never been prouder of being a Blade!!!

Keep it up lads!

We kicked Villa's best two-McGinn & Grealish from the first minute but no one went near any of Liverpool's players until Besic came on-way too late.Far too much respect.
If Besic started we would’ve played better. And he deserved to. Lunny has been off it since the Villa game, and Besic played well against City.

The only reason Lunny played today is because he’s a scouser. And he played like he’d had a bet on them to win.

Personally, I thought we tried to play our game for most of the night - the balls into feet at the edge of their box to try and break through are usually more than enough but Liverpool read every single one last night and snuffed it out, making us look like we couldn't find feet. I maintain there was nothing wrong with the balls, it was just the exceptional setup Liverpool have. We didn't press as much as we normally do which might seem disappointing but that's probably the reason why we only conceded 2 (remembering we wouldn't have conceded the first if it wasn't for an unfortunate slip). I accept we were well beaten by a superior side - the positive I take out of it is that it's the first time this season that I feel that way.

Regards effort and intensity Liverpool did to us what we do to other teams however of course they have higher quality all over the pitch.

They seemed really up for it and focused last....which I suppose is a complement to us....and let’s not forget it was only 2-0, not a thrashing.

Regards effort and intensity Liverpool did to us what we do to other teams however of course they have higher quality all over the pitch.

They seemed really up for it and focused last....which I suppose is a complement to us....and let’s not forget it was only 2-0, not a thrashing.
100% this. Their players are also a world above ours unfortunately. A silver lining is that I believe we could reach close to that level one day with the guidance of CWAK

If Besic started we would’ve played better. And he deserved to. Lunny has been off it since the Villa game, and Besic played well against City.

The only reason Lunny played today is because he’s a scouser. And he played like he’d had a bet on them to win.
What was Norwoods excuse then . Was his worst game for us. But he will be back

There was fuck all for him to pass to, in all fairness. Nobody made any runs.
Ball rarely was played outside our 18 yard box by us . Forwards were trying to push up but midfireld passing was non existant
Mcgoldrick was targetted for close marking . Liverpool had learnt that much

Back
Top Bottom