Incoming? Altay Bayindir

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CW is obviously learning a lesson from last season by having a viable contingency plan should Man Utd drag the Henderson situation out again like they did last summer. Great that he ended up rejoining for a second loan but Utd would have had a major issue had he not.

Hahaha - fancy Utd battling Ajax for a player!!! It's not so long ago that Eoin Doyle turned Utd down. How quickly things have changed

I think we have feet on the ground in Turkey. And Belgium for that matter

Sure you're right......gradually I'm losing the thrill of signing a player, any player, for half a mil! I know we're not busting transfer records, apart from our own, but the quality of this squad is excellent with the suggestion that our manager's eye for quality will continue to keep on improving our expectations.

How is Verrips shaping up??

Remember Betti's and wilder being pictured out there with representatives of the club and thinking at the time this is a done deal

Whatever we do it's highly unlikely we can match or upgrade on Henderson who, to my eyes, is at least in the top 5 in the league (could even make a case for top 3). He's absolutely superb and a great character to boot.

He's almost certainly Man Utd & England's future no.1, but hopefully the former can wait another year or 2.

Because eventually there's going to be a time they say no. What's the point in training and providing experience for a player, that we probably won't ever sign due to costs. Personally, I'm a bit sick of hearing the "will he come back, won't he come back". Last season when we were left hanging on waiting to know was the realisation for me that we need a first team keeper of similar quality. We can't keep relying on manure to keep loaning us one of their best talents.

Because eventually there's going to be a time they say no. What's the point in training and providing experience for a player, that we probably won't ever sign due to costs. Personally, I'm a bit sick of hearing the "will he come back, won't he come back". Last season when we were left hanging on waiting to know was the realisation for me that we need a first team keeper of similar quality. We can't keep relying on manure to keep loaning us one of their best talents.

Until the day arrives that they decide they want him again, I don't see any issue in us taking up the option of having him on loan and delaying a permanent signing.

Whoever we sign permanently is highly unlikely to be as good as Dean Henderson so why not keep taking the best available option to us for as long as we can... not heard a convincing case against yet.

Until the day arrives that they decide they want him again, I don't see any issue in us taking up the option of having him on loan and delaying a permanent signing.

Whoever we sign permanently is highly unlikely to be as good as Dean Henderson so why not keep taking the best available option to us for as long as we can... not heard a convincing case against yet.
Okay, so let's say we loan him again, we'll pay a (higher) loan fee than the year before, if I remember rightly, part of the issue this time round was said loan fee.

Let's say it's a loan fee of 4 million, plus a percentage of wages.. for a player we don't own and possibly won't ever own. I'd much rather said fee and wages go towards a permanent keeper where were not reliant on a club deciding they don't want a player, or rather that the player won't have an impact on the first team.

Probably right about no player being as good as hendo. But then again, you don't know unless you try a different player in the position. The lad quoted on this thread would be my ideal hendo replacement. Young and promising, it'll also mean an outlay for getting him, but at least he'd be our own player.

I think Dean Henderson is slightly over rated by the majority of our fans but he is still a top half premier league GK and having him for a 3rd year would've been like having him on a 3 year contract, certainly not a bad deal. However I do agree we should develop our own player just for the sake of having an asset in the club, there are some good GKs in both Turkey and Germany we should be looking at.

I think Dean Henderson is slightly over rated by the majority of our fans but he is still a top half premier league GK and having him for a 3rd year would've been like having him on a 3 year contract, certainly not a bad deal. However I do agree we should develop our own player just for the sake of having an asset in the club, there are some good GKs in both Turkey and Germany we should be looking at.
It doesn't sound a bad deal at all, factor in what we've achieved with him between the sticks then it's one of the better deals. But we've used him to get to where we are now. This season imo, wasn't a fluke. And any fee manure want will be staggeringly more expensive due to this.

The only difference between us having him on loan, and him being with us for a three year deal, is we'd actually get close to 30 - 40 million for him (factoring in he's homegrown, young and promising, and as daft as it sounds.. English) whereas we've developed a 30 - 40 million pound player for a rival team.

Don't understand this train of thought re him being overrated. Pretty much every single summariser and commentator's team of the season has him as the keeper ahead of Alisson and Ederson. That's not down to some sentimental image of how plucky little Sheff U are doing. It's because they think he has the best season of any GK in The Prem.

If anything we probably underrate him and most will only realise this when he's not here anymore and we see how his replacement performs. Bare in mind our budget I'm really not sure who people think we could get that would be even in the same ballpark as Deano let alone as good. Bare in mind Kepa cost Chelsea £75mill and he's not fit to lace Deano's boots.

Don't understand this train of thought re him being overrated. Pretty much every single summariser and commentator's team of the season has him as the keeper ahead of Alisson and Ederson. That's not down to some sentimental image of how plucky little Sheff U are doing. It's because they think he has the best season of any GK in The Prem.

If anything we probably underrate him and most will only realise this when he's not here anymore and we see how his replacement performs. Bare in mind our budget I'm really not sure who people think we could get that would be even in the same ballpark as Deano let alone as good. Bare in mind Kepa cost Chelsea £75mill and he's not fit to lace Deano's boots.

I agree it'll be hard to replace him and I agree he's been fantastic this season with plenty of plaudits, infact I really like him and think he is an elite shot stopper and that is a primary role of a goal keeper.

However Ederson and Alisson have better clean sheet percentages than Hendo whilst being better in other areas such as sweeping and distribution but these are the 2 keepers from the 2 best teams in the league right now. Alisson has played 20 games to Hendo's 27 which is why alot of pundits are favoring Hendo in their TOTS.

In my opinion Hendo is somewhere between the 4th-7th best keeper in the league, 1/2/3 being Alisson, Ederson and Lloris. I'm not even counting De Gea here even though he is fantastic but doesn't deserve a top 3 spot at the moment. On form Hendo is better than DDG but it's hard to discredit a keeper who has won 3x Man Utd player of the season awards (a testament to how awful they've been post-Fergie).

Keepers who are on the same level for me are Pope, Schmeichel, Guaita, Leno and Dubravka. However out of all these Hendo is primed to push to become a top GK in a top team, for me it's only a matter of time, I only feel he is over rated because people act like he's miles ahead of our team but our defence this season has been unreal and deserve just as many plaudits as Hendo.

I agree it'll be hard to replace him and I agree he's been fantastic this season with plenty of plaudits, infact I really like him and think he is an elite shot stopper and that is a primary role of a goal keeper.

However Ederson and Alisson have better clean sheet percentages than Hendo whilst being better in other areas such as sweeping and distribution but these are the 2 keepers from the 2 best teams in the league right now. Alisson has played 20 games to Hendo's 27 which is why alot of pundits are favoring Hendo in their TOTS.

In my opinion Hendo is somewhere between the 4th-7th best keeper in the league, 1/2/3 being Alisson, Ederson and Lloris. I'm not even counting De Gea here even though he is fantastic but doesn't deserve a top 3 spot at the moment. On form Hendo is better than DDG but it's hard to discredit a keeper who has won 3x Man Utd player of the season awards (a testament to how awful they've been post-Fergie).

Keepers who are on the same level for me are Pope, Schmeichel, Guaita, Leno and Dubravka. However out of all these Hendo is primed to push to become a top GK in a top team, for me it's only a matter of time, I only feel he is over rated because people act like he's miles ahead of our team but our defence this season has been unreal and deserve just as many plaudits as Hendo.

I don't think he's over rated. He's only 23, probably got another 10 years of improvement in him and he's already one of the best 6 goalies in the league. To boot, he's supremely confident in himself & his rate of improvement is rapid. Also seems a great character for the dressing room. His market value at present must be circa £40m, but it's the wrong time to sell when that is increasing year-on-year.

Everything points towards him being "soon on top" as he likes to proclaim. I would loan him for as long as we can, but I suspect Man Utd will push him abroad next season. A team like Borrusia Dortmund perhaps.

It doesn't sound a bad deal at all, factor in what we've achieved with him between the sticks then it's one of the better deals. But we've used him to get to where we are now. This season imo, wasn't a fluke. And any fee manure want will be staggeringly more expensive due to this.

The only difference between us having him on loan, and him being with us for a three year deal, is we'd actually get close to 30 - 40 million for him (factoring in he's homegrown, young and promising, and as daft as it sounds.. English) whereas we've developed a 30 - 40 million pound player for a rival team.

Have you considered the opportunity cost of not taking Henderson on loan again next season (if he's available) and having to invest a sizeable proportion of the budget in another GK? That may well impact CW's ability to afford a top quality striker - the position I'd say was the top priority.

Have you considered the opportunity cost of not taking Henderson on loan again next season (if he's available) and having to invest a sizeable proportion of the budget in another GK? That may well impact CW's ability to afford a top quality striker - the position I'd say was the top priority.
Have thought about that. However thinking of a replacement off the top of my head. Butland as an example, would you rather pay 7-8 million as a fee for butland, who'd be interested, and showed equal promise around the same age, and has seemingly lost his way, or would you rather pay a loan fee of 4 - 5 million. Obviously all hypothetical, but I'd rather see a fee invested of that amount be for a permanent signing.

Have thought about that. However thinking of a replacement off the top of my head. Butland as an example, would you rather pay 7-8 million as a fee for butland, who'd be interested, and showed equal promise around the same age, and has seemingly lost his way, or would you rather pay a loan fee of 4 - 5 million. Obviously all hypothetical, but I'd rather see a fee invested of that amount be for a permanent signing.

Is that a serious question - Henderson or Butland??

If so, an absolute no brainer for me - Henderson. He's undoubtedly the best GK option Utd could get for next season

I'd put Butland in a similar category to Joe Hart - showed promise at an early stage but now a busted flush, whose cost would be far greater than their ability.

BTW where did the loan fee you quoted come from? I can assure you it's not true.

If so, an absolute no brainer for me - Henderson. He's undoubtedly the best GK option Utd could get for next season

I'd put Butland in a similar category to Joe Hart - showed promise at an early stage but now a busted flush, whose cost would be far greater than their ability.

BTW where did the loan fee you quoted come from? I can assure you it's not true.
Not at all, that's why I said it's all hypothetical. I guess we differ regarding butland, he's much younger than Hart so think he could find his form from the past. The loan fee quote was again hypothetical, but I imagine that it would be quite high.

The lad Altay Bayindir doesn't look a patch on Henderson from the clips. Pushes a lot of saves back into the danger area.

Not at all, that's why I said it's all hypothetical. I guess we differ regarding butland, he's much younger than Hart so think he could find his form from the past. The loan fee quote was again hypothetical, but I imagine that it would be quite high.

It's all about opinions and it would be boring if everyone had the same one. I'm just glad CW doesn't share yours haha :)

BTW Butland is currently on a higher salary than Henderson (although I suspect not for much longer)

The thing is, how do we know Hendo won’t turn out to be another Hart? I’ve seen loads of young keepers who look fantastic but seem to go backwards: they make a couple of high profile mistakes and never quite get over it.

The thing is, how do we know Hendo won’t turn out to be another Hart? I’ve seen loads of young keepers who look fantastic but seem to go backwards: they make a couple of high profile mistakes and never quite get over it.

Same thing could happen if he picks up an bad injury at the wrong time. Butland was class, messed up his Ankle against Germany and has never been the same since.

I personally doubt the 'Hart decline' will happen to Henderson - too much self confidence, he's bounced back from errors previously and he's more than a bit crackers (one of the most important traits in GKs IMO). Even so, surely that's even more reason to loan him again as there'll be minimal regret if his form does does off the end of a cliff for any reason.

I suspect United are actively looking for a new keeper based on:
1. Henderson's cost.
2. Direct threat to Man Utd. (OK it's been a bad season for them & Arsenal & Spurs and we are likely to settle into a more Burnley like challenge (not unrespectable) from here on in but they will want to weaken us just in case...
3. You always have to be on the lookout to improve and by that in this case it's a mix of the quality of player, his cost and the ease of getting him in future.

Back
Top Bottom