Ally McCoist

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So glad we didn't get Matterface and Dixon, the only downside to the coverage was Eni Aluko thinking Wes should've done better with the pen and Robbo deliberately handballed it.

Lol she can’t talk , kept cocking up all over the place ( boxes ticked tho )

Really like listening to McCoist. He's always on the money, doesn't take himself too serious and just seems extremely enthusiastic.

He also comes across rather unbiased, he was excellent co-commentating that drab 0-0 v Scotland.

Makes a refreshing change...

Think that's the problem with Aluko, probably knows her stuff but just says anything, mainly overused clichés to fill gaps on camera even if they don't accurately reflect, maybe nervous? Who knows but it makes her sound clueless. Probably needs to go back to local radio to make her mistakes where they won't be plastered everywhere else. Either than or she is just clueless and says whatever comes into her brain first
You confirmed nearly everyone’s opinion in the last sentence…..I remembered the goal a game comment in The WC….I’ve never heard anyone talk such a load of shite….total embarrassment

My thing about pundits is whether I'd like to go to the boozer after the game with them and talk about the match. I think McCoist would be fantastic company.
For me this is a good test as to if you really get on with anyone, would a go out for a pint with them on your own??? It has always worked for me.

I found it strange how none of the panel or interviewers asked McAtee & Doyle about the possibility of drawing City. Or even discussed it amongst themselves.

McCoist is superb. He loves football and it really comes through in his commentary

McCoist: This is the best Mother's Day I've ever had!
Tyldesley: Oh, you'll be in trouble later for saying that!
😆
He mentioned during commentary that he shared a dressing room with Stuart mccall at rangers for a few years so I'd say he has a soft spot for us.
In saying all that I think he's a great co commentator and I hope we have him for the semi final

McAnuff had a point on Robinson. Once that first yellow is given he's one bad tackle away from a red card. He's always going to put in a committed challenge and that one just before half time was borderline. If he'd not been booked for the penalty incident then he would have been for that foul so there's a strong argument that he should have been sent off.

For what it's worth, the real issue is booking a player for a non-deliberate handball. The penalty should be considered punishment enough.
Clearly got the ball

Didn't we once sing "Cheap suit from Matalan" at him away at Watford when he was reporting for Gillette Soccer Special? From memory he took it in excellent humour.

I would say had Willian flung his arm out the ball would have struck his torso.
Can't win. Hold your arm to your body get a red and a penalty. Have your arm out same story. Robbos was way worse than Willians but obviously when you play Manchester in their pathetic home it's a pen and a red.
I understood the difference to be the denial of a certain goal. Willian was stood right on the line so prevented a 100% goal but JLT still had Fodders behind him

Didn't we once sing "Cheap suit from Matalan" at him away at Watford when he was reporting for Gillette Soccer Special? From memory he took it in excellent humour.
Might be having a brain fart Greenwich but I thought that was Tony Cottee
I think that was the same day Sean Bean was in the pub in town, but again could be having a memory lapse

Obviously the first thing I did yesterday when I got home from the match was watch it again in all its glory.

Have to say, was well impressed with Ally McCoist's co-commentary. He'd obviously done his homework and was full of praise for the team and fans throughout the match. A very refreshing change to garbage we normally have to listen to from the likes of Hinchcliffe and Goodman when Sky are covering our games.

For what it's worth, I also think Jobi McAnuff is one of the best pundits around. I don't always agree with him (yesterday he thought Robbo should have been sent off) but he speaks very eloquently and knows his onions.
Yeah, he’s also rescued the Breakfast show on talksport. He’s one of the very few ex-footballers worth listening too. I find them all very dreary.

So glad we didn't get Matterface and Dixon, the only downside to the coverage was Eni Aluko thinking Wes should've done better with the pen and Robbo deliberately handballed it.

Yes I agree with her and I thought the Blackburn keeper should have done better with Doyle's goal as he did get his hand to it. 🤣🤣🤣

McCoist was fantastic. Worlds apart from the steaming pile of shite we are usually served up on Sky (your Goodmans, your Hinchcliffes etc).

More than a raised eyebrow at Aluko's opinion that Wes could have done better on the penalty but that mirrors many other ridiculous assertions on goalkeeping from even the best pundits. A penalty should be scored every time. You've got a massive area to hit from a relatively short distance.

McAnuff had a point about Robinson as that tackle is a booking every time in the modern game......but its hardly the first time a ref has bottled giving a second yellow.

Another thing I noted was Brereton-Diaz pre match praising our ground and our support. Made his reaction after the goal seem even more bizzarre.

Do remember though, it isn't her fault. She's a very accomplished player. Won fucking loads relatively, and is pursuing a career in broadcasting. She also isn't afraid to offer an opinion. Doesn't sit on the fence often to keep everyone happy. Good luck to her. If she's shit, her continued employment isn't her fault.
This is true.

I was going to say she was a top female player and presumably intelligent as written articles and successfully interviewed for jobs, (e.g. the LA womens team, albeit she wasn't there very long).

Some people aren't cut out to talk on camera, it's a really hard job. She's not always awful, but she seems to struggle with the pressure in my opinion. I therefore wouldn't hire her for that job, personally.

Obviously the first thing I did yesterday when I got home from the match was watch it again in all its glory.

Have to say, was well impressed with Ally McCoist's co-commentary. He'd obviously done his homework and was full of praise for the team and fans throughout the match. A very refreshing change to garbage we normally have to listen to from the likes of Hinchcliffe and Goodman when Sky are covering our games.

For what it's worth, I also think Jobi McAnuff is one of the best pundits around. I don't always agree with him (yesterday he thought Robbo should have been sent off) but he speaks very eloquently and knows his onions.
McCoist is co-commentary God in my opinion. Has a laugh but at the right times. Loves the game and is positive, not endlessly negative like a lot of pundits.

Finding positives is better to listen to than finding the negatives. Especially DURING a match you're invested in.

Might be having a brain fart Greenwich but I thought that was Tony Cottee
I think that was the same day Sean Bean was in the pub in town, but again could be having a memory lapse

No, you're spot on, it was definitely Cottee that day

I’m a big fan of Jobi. As you say, speaks very well, doesn’t speak in cliches, and is impartial. The anti-Hendrie, if you like!

As good as McCoist was, also an honourable mention for Tyldesley. Demoted as chief commentator for ITV for that tosser Shatterface. So glad we didn't get him and Dixon. Our match commentary complemented the game perfectly - unformulaic and had humorous ad-libbed chat interspersed.

Can't stand McAnuff though. Anyone who started every sentence with, 'listen', I completely switch off from - just like every one of Egan's interviews.

Aluko was appalling as a pundit, but Laura Woods on the other hand, who I listen to every morning on Talkshite radio was class as usual.

Back
Top Bottom