Ally McCoist

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BalticBlade

Reaction score
Obviously the first thing I did yesterday when I got home from the match was watch it again in all its glory.

Have to say, was well impressed with Ally McCoist's co-commentary. He'd obviously done his homework and was full of praise for the team and fans throughout the match. A very refreshing change to garbage we normally have to listen to from the likes of Hinchcliffe and Goodman when Sky are covering our games.

For what it's worth, I also think Jobi McAnuff is one of the best pundits around. I don't always agree with him (yesterday he thought Robbo should have been sent off) but he speaks very eloquently and knows his onions.

Obviously the first thing I did yesterday when I got home from the match was watch it again in all its glory.

Have to say, was well impressed with Ally McCoist's co-commentary. He'd obviously done his homework and was full of praise for the team and fans throughout the match. A very refreshing change to garbage we normally have to listen to from the likes of Hinchcliffe and Goodman when Sky are covering our games.

For what it's worth, I also think Jobi McAnuff is one of the best pundits around. I don't always agree with him (yesterday he thought Robbo should have been sent off) but he speaks very eloquently and knows his onions.
McAnuff had a point on Robinson. Once that first yellow is given he's one bad tackle away from a red card. He's always going to put in a committed challenge and that one just before half time was borderline. If he'd not been booked for the penalty incident then he would have been for that foul so there's a strong argument that he should have been sent off.

For what it's worth, the real issue is booking a player for a non-deliberate handball. The penalty should be considered punishment enough.

You could tell we weren’t used to VAR. the Fulham lad pointed at his fist straight away. Admitted it knowing it would be reviewed and tried to only get a yellow. Robbo was all like “good save, Wesley” 🤣🔴⚪

Totally agree

McAnuff had a point on Robinson. Once that first yellow is given he's one bad tackle away from a red card. He's always going to put in a committed challenge and that one just before half time was borderline. If he'd not been booked for the penalty incident then he would have been for that foul so there's a strong argument that he should have been sent off.

For what it's worth, the real issue is booking a player for a non-deliberate handball. The penalty should be considered punishment enough.
He got a yellow for the handball - then the ref must feel he did it deliberately - so why wasn't it a red?

He got a yellow for the handball - then the ref must feel he did it deliberately - so why wasn't it a red?
'Deliberate' ≠ intentional. I would guess that it was deemed a subconscious movement so not a intentional save.

EDIT: contrast with Willian at Old Trafford who moved his arm towards the ball and was sent off for his troubles.

You could tell we weren’t used to VAR. the Fulham lad pointed at his fist straight away. Admitted it knowing it would be reviewed and tried to only get a yellow. Robbo was all like “good save, Wesley” 🤣🔴⚪
I was screaming at the Ref to book their players for time wasting at the corner flag , I'd no idea VAR was in use🤫

So glad we didn't get Matterface and Dixon, the only downside to the coverage was Eni Aluko thinking Wes should've done better with the pen and Robbo deliberately handballed it.

Mccoist is a fantastic commentator. He really enjoys games and his enthusiasm comes through very well. He really enjoyed the game yesterday, too, and his research and little facts and stuff are just nice extras.

As an aside, that Aluko woman, my god. We all agree, universally, that Max Lowes effort was going miles wide before the deflection. Not her. She actually said it was hard and low and on target. Same woman who said 19 in 38 is a goal a game. Why is she on?

Just watched the game back, as I’m off work today. Great to see it back and it was just as much fun as it was in the ground. The crowd sounded very loud throughout and it was commented on multiple times.

McCoist is great though. Doesn’t take himself too seriously and knows what he’s on about.

Agree on Aluko. She’s really bad and doesn’t seem to be able to convincingly put her point across.

Mccoist is a fantastic commentator. He really enjoys games and his enthusiasm comes through very well. He really enjoyed the game yesterday, too, and his research and little facts and stuff are just nice extras.

As an aside, that Aluko woman, my god. We all agree, universally, that Max Lowes effort was going miles wide before the deflection. Not her. She actually said it was hard and low and on target. Same woman who said 19 in 38 is a goal a game. Why is she on?
Well, there’s two reasons that immediately spring to mind………….

So glad we didn't get Matterface and Dixon, the only downside to the coverage was Eni Aluko thinking Wes should've done better with the pen and Robbo deliberately handballed it.

I am sure it was Eni Aluko who couldn't get our player names right when we were in the PL.

Do remember though, it isn't her fault. She's a very accomplished player. Won fucking loads relatively, and is pursuing a career in broadcasting. She also isn't afraid to offer an opinion. Doesn't sit on the fence often to keep everyone happy. Good luck to her. If she's shit, her continued employment isn't her fault.

Do remember though, it isn't her fault. She's a very accomplished player. Won fucking loads relatively, and is pursuing a career in broadcasting. She also isn't afraid to offer an opinion. Doesn't sit on the fence often to keep everyone happy. Good luck to her. If she's shit, her continued employment isn't her fault.

I think she doesn't do enough research and the same could be said about a few pundits.

Coverage was good too, unlike Sky and the BBC with their frequent cut-aways to the manager, his mate in the crowd etc as the match continues unseen
I'd like to shout out whoever chooses the background music for ITV's coverage - I heard Unsatisfied by The Replacements, Still Life by The Horrors and Everest by Public Service Broadcasting when watching back our game...all top notch

I'd like to shout out whoever chooses the background music for ITV's coverage - I heard Unsatisfied by The Replacements, Still Life by The Horrors and Everest by Public Service Broadcasting when watching back our game...all top notch
Ha ha no way! That’s amazing.

'Deliberate' ≠ intentional. I would guess that it was deemed a subconscious movement so not a intentional save.

EDIT: contrast with Willian at Old Trafford who moved his arm towards the ball and was sent off for his troubles.
I would say had Willian flung his arm out the ball would have struck his torso.
Can't win. Hold your arm to your body get a red and a penalty. Have your arm out same story. Robbos was way worse than Willians but obviously when you play Manchester in their pathetic home it's a pen and a red.

Just watched the game back, as I’m off work today. Great to see it back and it was just as much fun as it was in the ground. The crowd sounded very loud throughout and it was commented on multiple times.

McCoist is great though. Doesn’t take himself too seriously and knows what he’s on about.

Agree on Aluko. She’s really bad and doesn’t seem to be able to convincingly put her point across.
Think that's the problem with Aluko, probably knows her stuff but just says anything, mainly overused clichés to fill gaps on camera even if they don't accurately reflect, maybe nervous? Who knows but it makes her sound clueless. Probably needs to go back to local radio to make her mistakes where they won't be plastered everywhere else. Either than or she is just clueless and says whatever comes into her brain first

Is that serious? I never thought I'd ever hear The 'Mats on ITV!

Can you remember what segment it was on?

Is that serious? I never thought I'd ever hear The 'Mats on ITV!

Can you remember what segment it was on?
It was only a very brief music bed under a preview of an upcoming segment on Ndiaye before they cut to adverts. Probably 7 or 8 mins into the programme.
Still, someone's got good taste over at ITV towers.

Back
Top Bottom