Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nixon knows no more than the guy in the pub, but really boils my piss as he arrogantly claims to know. Can anyone explain why he has any more information than anyone else?
The guy is so far up his own ass he is inverted
Think he probably does hear things from certain agencies where he knows people but he’s so desperate to be considered itk that he plays the odds on things he has no idea about and shuts down anyone who questions him. He’d be a lot more credible if he was upfront about things he doesn’t know but he probably wouldn’t be as successful.

Nixon knows no more than the guy in the pub, but really boils my piss as he arrogantly claims to know. Can anyone explain why he has any more information than anyone else?
The guy is so far up his own ass he is inverted

He does know his stuff. Worked with him before, things do change a lot in football, but generally, he knows his shit, been around for years.

He does know his stuff. Worked with him before, things do change a lot in football, but generally, he knows his shit, been around for years.
The problem I have with him is that he always claims to have an inside line on everything.
Yet then comes out with some cock bull story to excuse why in the majority of cases he is wrong; as I have previously said a broken clock is right twice a day

I’ve never understood why people get so irate about sources like Nixon. Just take him for what he is. What source is going to get everything right? He posts stuff that might happen. Other “more reliable” outlets post stuff once it’s certain. There’s a difference and Nixon’s snippets contribute to the football transfer rumours everyone loves. If he posts anything United related I just think ‘oh it might have legs that’ I don’t head straight to the bookies and stick a ton on it.

I’ve never understood why people get so irate about sources like Nixon. Just take him for what he is. What source is going to get everything right? He posts stuff that might happen. Other “more reliable” outlets post stuff once it’s certain. There’s a difference and Nixon’s snippets contribute to the football transfer rumours everyone loves. If he posts anything United related I just think ‘oh it might have legs that’ I don’t head straight to the bookies and stick a ton on it.
Totally agree other than he posts it as though he has an inside line when it is usually nothing more than guesswork

Nixon is way more knowledgable than Nathan Hemmingham and James Shield who haven’t got a clue. To be fair to Nixon he broke the news when Egan first signed for us and has been spot on numerous times with us

Nixon called plenty of our transfers first last Summer. As above, I'd say he gets fed a fair bit of inside info from Agents etc. The problem with this is, he'll be getting sold stories that lack substance also where the intent is just to drum up interest in clients.

His manner is annoying, but I don't think he's full of shit as suggested.

Sheffield United would have to pay £1.7 million in compensation if they made a move to bring in KV Oostende manager Alexander Blessin. (The Sun)

Star reckons PA has employed a lawyer to see if there is a way around the appeal panel to allow Blessin special dispensation to work in the UK. It also says however, that they are unlikely to win any case

Blessin is a gamble too far for me in the dire situation we are in at the moment and the skilful and incisive wheeler dealings that need to be undertaken beginning right now to get us into some kind of mental state,let alone cohesive on field playing shape for next season,especially with the financial constraints he would likely be under,he is a novice with no English Championship experience and it could go either way with him,but he has major problems to face before he is anywhere near our door.Wagner would be a better choice,plenty of good EFL and PL experience,Schalk was a failure,but that is a huge club,nothing like Hudders,and many have failed making a jump from small town to sleeping giant.
Warnock would even be less of a gamble to stabilize us for a couple of seasons,hide like a rhino to stand up to this board and would see what we urgently need,already binned Assombalonga and Fletcher up at Boro because they can't or won't hack it,same home truths need to be told here.

Blessin is a gamble too far for me in the dire situation we are in at the moment and the skilful and incisive wheeler dealings that need to be undertaken beginning right now to get us into some kind of mental state,let alone cohesive on field playing shape for next season,especially with the financial constraints he would likely be under,he is a novice with no English Championship experience and it could go either way with him,but he has major problems to face before he is anywhere near our door.Wagner would be a better choice,plenty of good EFL and PL experience,Schalk was a failure,but that is a huge club,nothing like Hudders,and many have failed making a jump from small town to sleeping giant.
Warnock would even be less of a gamble to stabilize us for a couple of seasons,hide like a rhino to stand up to this board and would see what we urgently need,already binned Assombalonga and Fletcher up at Boro because they can't or won't hack it,same home truths need to be told here.
With every game and trouncing that we get the job in hand grows from 'keeping the squad intact' to 'major surgery' and is heading towards a multi-season rebuilding project. I suspect the reality is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of intervention, which will take real skill at handling existing players whilst building in the new blood we urgently need. I don't know who is best for that...

With every game and trouncing that we get the job in hand grows from 'keeping the squad intact' to 'major surgery' and is heading towards a multi-season rebuilding project. I suspect the reality is somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of intervention, which will take real skill at handling existing players whilst building in the new blood we urgently need. I don't know who is best for that...
Rudders you’ve just liked a post which advocated brining Warnock back. Are you ok?

Rudders you’ve just liked a post which advocated brining Warnock back. Are you ok?
Not really. When I re-read my post the name that did come to mind was Wilder in League 1 days, we need to bring in Jake Wright types, sort the soft underbelly with Ebanks Landell and Hanson types and the new manager will need to get Couuts and Kieron Freeman style uplifts in performance from at least 2 or 3 of our existing key players!

Not really. When I re-read my post the name that did come to mind was Wilder in League 1 days, we need to bring in Jake Wright types, sort the soft underbelly with Ebanks Landell and Hanson types and the new manager will need to get Couuts and Kieron Freeman style uplifts in performance from at least 2 or 3 of our existing key players!
Ok, but Warnock?

Ok, but Warnock?
Football has moved on now I think you are right. But we need to somehow get a new identity and an edge. Is it world class gegenpress and physical fitness (Blessin); attacking prowess (SJ); Wimbledon of the 80s but more physical (Ismael), or is it Uncle Neils blend of screaming at match officials and players whilst watching the ball get pumped long.
Looking at Man City I think it is relentless fitness, high press, and quality players. But we can't afford quality, so how do we compensate? Team spirit, counter attacking pace, roaming centre backs? We need something new to be found...

He's got the most promotions from the league we're dropping to in history. Guys a quality manager to be fair..
I never thought that I would be saying this, but after reviewing the Star's latest article a minute ago, that we are "edging closer to crowning Hecky" (we are a total basket case as a club if this is anywhere near the truth), then Colin would be welcomed back with open arms!

Warnock gets big budget teams promoted out of the championship quickly. Struggles to do it on the cheap (took him years here until McCabe gave him the promotion season budget), is only stabilising Boro without the big cash. The players he signs by and large dont cut it in the premier, keeping him on after promotion guarantees relegation immediately and he is a bit of a figure of fun but is also well known as a good 'man manager', not that loyal and rumours of financial weirdness...very mixed bag to me. Rather try someone like Appleton if we want an English manager.

How many promotions has he achieved from the championship?
Fuck me you are serious.
He has the most, mainly because he’s fucking ancient having being around for ever. It’s also because he generally gets bombed soon after as even in his prime he didn’t have the ability to stay at that level. So then has to drop back a level rather than stay on or progress as a coach.
Looking over the past decade his skills have been on the decline. Case in point, he’s been at a big budget club for the past couple of seasons and done nothing.
He’s got a very poor record with kids, something we’re trying to develop to help the club going forward and he’s hardly going to be around for more than a couple of seasons so no long term planning. He’s all wrong.

Fuck me you are serious.
He has the most, mainly because he’s fucking ancient having being around for ever. It’s also because he generally gets bombed soon after as even in his prime he didn’t have the ability to stay at that level. So then has to drop back a level rather than stay on or progress as a coach.
Looking over the past decade his skills have been on the decline. Case in point, he’s been at a big budget club for the past couple of seasons and done nothing.
He’s got a very poor record with kids, something we’re trying to develop to help the club going forward and he’s hardly going to be around for more than a couple of seasons so no long term planning. He’s all wrong.
He's been at boro? Boro aren't a big budget club hahaha..

He isn't going to be around for more than a couple of seasons, I'd be surprise if he's around after next. Which would be perfect for us. Get him in, stabilise for a season, then look to recruit a manager once blessin or whoever can get a permit.

Fuck me you are serious.

At Boro he has had no money to work with, and he has been playing young players.

His record with young players at the Lane is also better than any of our other managers over the last 4 decades. He broke in Quinn, Jags, Tonge and Monty and tried other youngsters out.

Not that I would appoint him but fair's fair.

Back
Top Bottom