Alan Knill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Knill is staying, then it's also more likely (as reported by Sky) that Wilder isn't going straight to another job.

If Knill is staying, it could be one of the few positives to come out of this sorry mess. The players clearly like him as much as they did Wilder.

We just need another strong man manager to lead the coaching staff, and I would be reasonably confident of having a good go next season.

Alan has expressed before that he doesn’t like being the man in charge, he doesn’t want to deal with the media or the signing of players etc

Sounds like he'd like working with a DOF then.......

Apparently still involved according to PH. I don't notice him on training videos or match days though!

I presume he was central to training Lundstram, Norwood and Stevens; free kicks, corners, tackling, tracking back and other areas where they set quite an example. Do we really need more of that?

You've just given the Prince the basis of his next 29 minute video.

'I won't criticize Knilly BUT .....'

You've just given the Prince the basis of his next 29 minute video.

'I won't criticize Knilly BUT .....'
Maybe if we appoint a foreign coach, PA see's AK short term as a reference point for all knowledgeable things Blades related.

Maybe if we appoint a foreign coach, PA see's AK short term as a reference point for all knowledgeable things Blades related.

This is what worries me with our club. There seems no real plan and direction. Was public he was offered a new job and then silence. My guess is he hasn’t taken it or they would have announced it.

What’s the plan?

Knilly is also partly responsible for this seasons shit show and should also be shown the door.

This is what worries me with our club. There seems no real plan and direction. Was public he was offered a new job and then silence. My guess is he hasn’t taken it or they would have announced it.

What’s the plan?
You're responding to a post about a potential plan by asking what's the plan.

And why do we need every action by the club publicly chronicled?

Maybe he's taken a break to think about it? I don't see why there's some kind of bad rush for him to make a decision.

What’s the plan?
He’s working his contract.
Not sure you can say there’s no plan or direction when that’s clearly what the club are looking to implement with a more balanced recruitment structure, path from youth to first team and a manager who can work within that.

Not sure you can say there’s no plan or direction when that’s clearly what the club are looking to implement with a more balanced recruitment structure, path from youth to first team and a manager who can work within that.
So the boards plan is to keep someone who doesn’t want to be here with us .... we seemingly don’t want to pay him off!

I can imagine he’s handsomely paid for being the assistant manager of a premier league club. Surely we just find a compromise and pay him up?

He was offered a job that the owner a few days later said in an interview doesn’t exist, I think it’s fair to question what the plan is

He was offered a job that the owner a few days later said in an interview doesn’t exist, I think it’s fair to question what the plan is
I think there’s a clear plan of direction from the board to where they want to go. I just don’t think AK is now part of that plan. He has a contract and they don’t want to pay him off, and unlike CW he isn’t resigning.
It’s also probably semantics but wasn’t the role “Head of Football” with them (deliberately) skirting the edge of naming a DoF?
It would seem that there’s a bit of an stand off. He wants paying off and isn’t resigning, and we know he’s likely to walk as soon as Wilder gets a new role, probably in the summer. CW looked after his team so they’ve got decent deals.

He’s basically on gardening leave until he finds a new job or we buckle and pay him off.

what we thinking on AK? surely he won't stay as assistant? ITK'ers?
Wilder will take him when he gets a new role.
It's already been said that deals have been/are currently done for his backroom team, so I'd guess Javier Pereira will be AM.

If Knill is staying, then it's also more likely (as reported by Sky) that Wilder isn't going straight to another job.

If Knill is staying, it could be one of the few positives to come out of this sorry mess. The players clearly like him as much as they did Wilder.

We just need another strong man manager to lead the coaching staff, and I would be reasonably confident of having a good go next season.
Stretch, the only sorry mess is that Wilder bailed out and didnt have the balls to face up to his failure and stick with the club in trying to turn it round

Apparently he has to change his name to knillalovic

I wonder if Knill may stay around after Wilder goes.

I know they came as a duo but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll move on at the same time and, if CW doesn’t have something else lined up, I can’t see why he’d necessarily want to leave right now.

Wilder has always been very clear that a lot of our tactics and coaching are down to AK. Unfortunately Knill’s previous record as a manager suggests he’s not about to be the next Bob Paisley but if he did stay, and we appoint someone who wants to work on what Wilder’s been building rather than just ripping it up, then personally I’d be a lot more confident about next season.
Jokovanic and Alan knill...Jokovanic and Alan knill...do for me..edit together and send it to Jonathan king

His Wikipedia page doesn't get updated often.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210528_082946_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210528_082946_com.android.chrome.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom