Alan Knill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CrookesBlade

Reaction score
Knill didn’t like being a manager, that’s why him and Wilder swapped roles. Can’t see him trying his hand at it again. Him staying put will be purely until he gets his severance sorted.

I thought the Prince would at least attempt to flatter the fan base with a few big names being linked, or maybe poach somebody like Paul Warne.....nah, straight into the bargain bin. Just seen Michael Appleton has been linked 🤦‍♂️.

JPSharpy93

Reaction score
If Knill has been preparing the team for tomorrow’s match all week I think it’s only right he stays to see that out, ultimately I would have thought his loyalty lies with Wilder more than us

jono_t2000

Reaction score
If Knill has been preparing the team for tomorrow’s match all week I think it’s only right he stays to see that out, ultimately I would have thought his loyalty lies with Wilder more than us
He's said in one of his rare interviews that him and Wilder aren't actually all that close. That Chris didn't even know where he lived and they are in completely different circles outside of work.

JL94x4

I'm ITK right?
Reaction score
Remember all the stories about the overlapping CBs being Knills genuis tactical knowledge and that Wilder was just the one taking the credit? That might reign true.

HarryHaslam

Reaction score
All it shows is Alan Knill right now has not been sacked. Why would he walk and leave his job? He will be in the job until he gets sacked with a pay off or if he does fancy a change of scenario will still be going nowhere until Wilder has sorted him a contract out elsewhere.

JL94x4

I'm ITK right?
Reaction score
All it shows is Alan Knill right now has not been sacked. Why would he walk and leave his job? He will be in the job until he gets sacked with a pay off or if he does fancy a change of scenario will still be going nowhere until Wilder has sorted him a contract out elsewhere.

Usually coaching staff are dispensed at the same time as the manager leaves, the fact he's still here, is a good sign.

Newbury Blade

Reaction score
If we could somehow steal Alan Knill away from Chris Wilder permanently then that would be a huge victory. Loyalty may get in the way but they aren’t as thick as thieves and Knill would probably be more open to the head coach role. Maybe we’d need to get someone to work in tandem with him but that’s the only silver lining we could capture from all of this.
I don’t understand how anyone who has seen our team play this season would want Alan Knill as head coach.

JPSharpy93

Reaction score
It will be sad to see Knill standing without Wilder in the dugout tomorrow. Shame we can’t be there to give them both a good send off

MalmoBlade

Reaction score
I thought the same mate but I think it's part of the deal. "You look after Knilly until I get another job, then he comes with me"

robbiez666

Reaction score
Does he want it? I thought he wasn't a fan of management?

Sheffsteel

Reaction score
Why put Heckingbottom in charge if Alan Knill is staying?

Knill has tried football management and I’m sure he’s said during an interview he said he’d never try it again.
Knilly knows his stuff about tactics etc but his voice is so dour and monotone.....he’d struggle to motivate anyone.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom