Alan Knill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade83

Reaction score
I wonder if Knill may stay around after Wilder goes.

I know they came as a duo but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll move on at the same time and, if CW doesn’t have something else lined up, I can’t see why he’d necessarily want to leave right now.

Wilder has always been very clear that a lot of our tactics and coaching are down to AK. Unfortunately Knill’s previous record as a manager suggests he’s not about to be the next Bob Paisley but if he did stay, and we appoint someone who wants to work on what Wilder’s been building rather than just ripping it up, then personally I’d be a lot more confident about next season.

I can’t see what Knill has been bringing to the club in the past 18 months, our set pieces have been terrible, something he was fairly adapt at too, it also looks like we’ve barely trained together in the last 12 months. Get rid for me and get Wilder to bring someone else in to help him out. 🤷‍♂️

I suspect whoever takes CW on next will also need to take on AK as one of CW's conditions.
A wage war will then commence to see who afford to keep/acquire AK.
Anyone know any cheap, low wages, up coming number 2s with potential then?

Can't see it, They are a partnership and as such there is no doubt in my mind will move on to bigger and better things.
Our problem has been and will continue to be finance , and I fear that without it top half Championship is the best we can hope for, and depending on who the next manager is even that's in the balance now..

Does he want the director of football job at Sheffield United? Prince gets his structure that he’s prepared to sacrifice all for, rename Wilder head coach - wait for HRH Abdullah to piss back off to LA then carry on as normal

I think AK brings a lot more to the party than some realise. Yes, certainly this season it has looked at times like a bunch of stranger playing together, which is indeed worrying. However, neither Wilder nor Knill were particularly successful until they teamed up together. In lots of ways they are like Clough and Taylor in that neither could replicate individually what they could do as a partnership. Maybe neither would go on to be successful without the other. For me, a lot this season it has looked like the players lost belief, who that is down to will never be known but Knill up until this season was seen as an excellent football coach.

I wonder if Knill may stay around after Wilder goes.

I know they came as a duo but that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll move on at the same time and, if CW doesn’t have something else lined up, I can’t see why he’d necessarily want to leave right now.

Wilder has always been very clear that a lot of our tactics and coaching are down to AK. Unfortunately Knill’s previous record as a manager suggests he’s not about to be the next Bob Paisley but if he did stay, and we appoint someone who wants to work on what Wilder’s been building rather than just ripping it up, then personally I’d be a lot more confident about next season.

I'm guessing the delays in making an announcement is the parties agreeing settlements for CW, AK, PM etc. Chris would not leave without sorting out the situation for everyone else.

If the Prince was such a cunt, I wouldn’t expect Wilder’s assistant to want to stay. I’ll say that much on it.

I suspect it’s more about economics than that. But I wouldn’t blame them for that.

If we could somehow steal Alan Knill away from Chris Wilder permanently then that would be a huge victory. Loyalty may get in the way but they aren’t as thick as thieves and Knill would probably be more open to the head coach role. Maybe we’d need to get someone to work in tandem with him but that’s the only silver lining we could capture from all of this.

I think we might see Knill/Heckingbottom as the next manager pairing... knill with free reign over tactics, heckingbottom as motivator second in command

The more I'm hearing the more it seems that Wilder has orchestrated this exit (to presumably go to Celtic) on his own and it's caught everyone including the club by surprise.
We’ll see mate. Hope not. But then again I couldn’t blame him, Celtic is a huge pull. But to make everyone else look the villain in the process, and receive a payout and do us out of compensation it would be really shit.

Knill has always been the tactics man. Keeping him would be keeping half of Chris Wilder.
you never know... AK might've been dying to try summat different, and chris stuck to the old 5-3-2... would be intrigued to see Alan + a 1st team coach/assistant

Back
Top Bottom