Incoming? Adam Smith & Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With Duffy now confirmed and Wilder saying he's now happy with our front line, would that suggest any move for Holmes is off?

I hope not as even with Duffy coming in we're still light on the wings with Flynn, JCR and Woolford leaving

I hope he hasn't said that he's happy with our front line !!!!

I haven't seen that quote anywhere and neither would I expect to see it when we clearly still need a striker to play with Sharp if we expect to seriously challenge for promotion ......

UTB & FTP

I hope he hasn't said that he's happy with our front line !!!!

I haven't seen that quote anywhere and neither would I expect to see it when we clearly still need a striker to play with Sharp if we expect to seriously challenge for promotion ......

UTB & FTP
It's on a blades player video snippet, I watched it earlier.
Maybe he thinks he can get the best out of scooogs and sparky.
I for one believe he'll bring one striker in,probably Hanson.

We definitely need a target man, I can't think of another squad in the whole football league who hasn't got a least one, even as an option from the bench.
Also need at least one more winger.

Then it's onto central midfield and CBs.

It's on a blades player video snippet, I watched it earlier.
Maybe he thinks he can get the best out of scooogs and sparky.
I for one believe he'll bring one striker in,probably Hanson.

Hmmm ...... that's not good news then ...... unless he's bigging up Scougal so that we get a fee from Fleetwood for him.

I cannot imagine that he's really happy with just the strikers we have ....... if so we can forget promotion ...... again !! :(

UTB & FTP

Transfer site on Twotter saying that Smith is signing. Maybe they have looked on here.

Nah ...... she was in the kitchen earlier cooking and baking .......

She's currently doing the washing, before tackling the cleaning and hoovering, followed by a bit of sewing and darning some socks ;)

UTB & FTP

Based on that I bet her girlfriend thinks she's landed a cracker.

I was speaking to a chap who works at NTFC this morning at a trade show I was at with work. Reckons its "highly likely" Holmes will sign for us and we have definitely made offers for him. As for Smith, he wasn't aware of any bids from us but there is interest from Derby as Pearson rated him at Leicester.

Could be a positive.
IF we are the club having had bids rejected, we could have already all but agreed a deal with Holmes and he is hell bent on coming.
The fact we could tell him that we won't meet the valuation Northampton want means he hands in a transfer request, and thus negates a proportion of the fee to him. (I believe most players get a chunk if a club sell them and they didn't request a transfer)

Personally....and I know feck all BTW...I reckon Holmes will follow Wilder to United. Just my opinion.
Then we will have to hope the fella can repeat his past form for a new club, with bigger pressure in the league above

£500k is the bid Northampton have turned down but not sure who has bad that...bit much for a 29YO winger ain't it!?

Would rather us spend that sort of money on someone like Jackson Irvine.

I'm sot so sure we'd get Irvine for that to be honest. Given his age, his experience in the SPL and how he's played for Ross County I think it might be moe than that. Only guessing but I can't see us signing Irvine. Hope I'm wrong though.

Both played under Wilder at Northampton and have been quality this season. Adam smith is a goalkeeper and has been a key part of Northamptons side this season and has proved to be an excellent keeper so he would no doubt be an great back up keeper for George Long now that Mark Howard has been released or could even push into the starting 11 over Long. Ricky Holmes is a (LM) left midfielder and has also been a key part of Northamptons team this season scoring some wonder goals and has proven to be a quality player when at his best so i would have him over Martyn Woolford in the team any day of the week. Although Wilder has stated that he doesnt want to raid Northampton, he did say he wouldnt mind bringing one or two from his former club in and these two players would be great signings.
I'd play my nan in preference to Woolford

I'm sot so sure we'd get Irvine for that to be honest. Given his age, his experience in the SPL and how he's played for Ross County I think it might be moe than that. Only guessing but I can't see us signing Irvine. Hope I'm wrong though.
Has there been any more talk of Irvine? I can't even find the original twitter page linking us with him.
He's my number 1 realistic target for us this summer.

Has there been any more talk of Irvine? I can't even find the original twitter page linking us with him.
He's my number 1 realistic target for us this summer.

I think it was one these twitter transfer accounts. i wouldn't get your hopes up on signing Irvine to be honest! More realistic would be someone like Neil Kilkenny for centre mid. He's also Australian but that's not why I mentioned him as a possible signing.

So would I Ricky, but maybe there's enough in the pot for both?

Hope so....

Hopefully. Signing both is the sort if thing you do if you're serious about promotion. It would be pushing it that little bit more, which we haven't done in any other season in L1.

If we only have enough to spend one decent fee I'd be a bit concerned if we spent it on a 29 year old winger when we have at least four key central signings to make. I don't think Wilder would do that though so I'm hopeful that if we do spend on Holmes we'll still have the budget to spend on other transfer fees too.

Back
Top Bottom