Incoming? Adam Smith & Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Both played under Wilder at Northampton and have been quality this season. Adam smith is a goalkeeper and has been a key part of Northamptons side this season and has proved to be an excellent keeper so he would no doubt be an great back up keeper for George Long now that Mark Howard has been released or could even push into the starting 11 over Long. Ricky Holmes is a (LM) left midfielder and has also been a key part of Northamptons team this season scoring some wonder goals and has proven to be a quality player when at his best so i would have him over Martyn Woolford in the team any day of the week. Although Wilder has stated that he doesnt want to raid Northampton, he did say he wouldnt mind bringing one or two from his former club in and these two players would be great signings.

Last edited:

If its true we've released all the out of contract players then that would include Long and point to me as if a replacement was already lined up...

Northampton are skint struggle to even pay there players so they will accept a few hundred K and if we can't afford that then we have no intention of trying to get out of this league.

We should only even consider spending a fee on a keeper if we get decent compensation for Long should he leave.

Northampton are skint struggle to even pay there players so they will accept a few hundred K and if we can't afford that then we have no intention of trying to get out of this league.

They aren't that skint any more, their takeover went through a while back to put them back on solid ground

I hope Long accepts, really don't think we need to waste money on a new keeper unless it's a Kirkland type as experienced cover.

Just spoke to my Northampton season ticket mate who's now back off his holidays and not in a great mood, however says the only player we should be looking at is O'Toole now he has got his head together. He doesn't rate Smith and makes a lot of mistakes.

I thought it'd been reported that Long had been offered a new deal??
He has but I've not heard anything about him signing it. I'd give him a deadline and start looking for a replacement. He's not good enough to hold us to ransom and if he thinks he can do better elsewhere, fair enough, off you go.

You're right mate. if hes gonna take anyone from Northampton these two would be them. easy!

He has but I've not heard anything about him signing it. I'd give him a deadline and start looking for a replacement. He's not good enough to hold us to ransom and if he thinks he can do better elsewhere, fair enough, off you go.

I would omit "to hold us to ransom and if he thinks he can do better elsewhere, fair enough" personally.

No decent keeper will come in as back-up for Calamity George. It's like asking a comedian to do a warm-up spot for the Chuckle Brothers...

I would omit "to hold us to ransom and if he thinks he can do better elsewhere, fair enough" personally.

No decent keeper will come in as back-up for Calamity George. It's like asking a comedian to do a warm-up spot for the Chuckle Brothers...
No, I think many up and coming comedians would like the chance to blow the chuckle brothers off stage. Similarly, no decent keeper would join us just to sit on the bench but there's probably a few that would look at George and think 'if that's the competition I'll be first choice within a month'.

I'd say a better analogy would be 'it's like asking Ben Cumberbatch to understudy Joey Essex's Hamlet'.

No, I think many up and coming comedians would like the chance to blow the chuckle brothers off stage. Similarly, no decent keeper would join us just to sit on the bench but there's probably a few that would look at George and think 'if that's the competition I'll be first choice within a month'.

I'd say a better analogy would be 'it's like asking Ben Cumberbatch to understudy Joey Essex's Hamlet'.

Joey Essex Does Hamlet, you just know that's going to be ITVbe's next project. They'd be better off with Monkey Tennis or something other than the shite they have on there.

Joey Essex Does Hamlet, you just know that's going to be ITVbe's next project. They'd be better off with Monkey Tennis or something other than the shite they have on there.
Pub Sumo. Just two fat blokes wrestling in a pub car park.

Adam Smith of Leicester Thailand Sex Tape fame! I don't think the do-gooders who only want players with the highest of morals would be happy about signing him.

Last edited:
Pro Celebrity Dogging, finally Katie Price finds her level.

We're brainstorming here aren't we ;)
We know which former England, Liverpool, Forest and Villa striker could present that, don't we?

Very harsh and I believe that’s down to bladey blade prejudice against our youngsters. George has done well this season and shows a lot of promise for a young GK. He's far from perfect but one of the more impressive members of our squad

Very harsh and I believe that’s down to bladey blade prejudice against our youngsters. George has done well this season and shows a lot of promise for a young GK. He's far from perfect but one of the more impressive members of our squad

Agree, think long is a decent keep in the making. He's young and going to make the odd mistake but he can pull off some outstanding stops too.

He's also learning his trade with a bullshit defence in him giving him no protection at all

Adam Smith of Leicester Thailand Sex Tape fame! I don't think the do-gooders who only want players with the highest of morals would be happy about signing him.
Did she spit or swallow?

UTB

I will be very surprised if we go in for anot her goalie Long is no 1 at present but he will be pushed by Ramsdale next season.He's only just 18 but is the real deal.The only way to keep a prospect as good as him is to push him into first team squad . Premiership teams will be sniffing so the oportunity of 1st team football is important as his handlers would encourage him to go.We would get a fee but nothing like he will be worth in a few years time.
Yep he's very young at 18 but the best goalkeepers do make the 1st team at a young age.Hodgy was 18 and G Long was 17 we have had others as well.
Ramsdale is from the potteries so has no ties with the sheffield area.There's no doubt premiership teams will be eyeing him up ,so oportunity has to knock for him or we will lose him.

With Duffy now confirmed and Wilder saying he's now happy with our front line, would that suggest any move for Holmes is off?

I hope not as even with Duffy coming in we're still light on the wings with Flynn, JCR and Woolford leaving

With Duffy now confirmed and Wilder saying he's now happy with our front line, would that suggest any move for Holmes is off?

I hope not as even with Duffy coming in we're still light on the wings with Flynn, JCR and Woolford leaving
He only said he was comfortable with the options we have. He knows we need more width, but I suspect we might not see it unless Woolford goes...

Both played under Wilder at Northampton and have been quality this season. Adam smith is a goalkeeper and has been a key part of Northamptons side this season and has proved to be an excellent keeper so he would no doubt be an great back up keeper for George Long now that Mark Howard has been released or could even push into the starting 11 over Long. Ricky Holmes is a (LM) left midfielder and has also been a key part of Northamptons team this season scoring some wonder goals and has proven to be a quality player when at his best so i would have him over Martyn Woolford in the team any day of the week. Although Wilder has stated that he doesnt want to raid Northampton, he did say he wouldnt mind bringing one or two from his former club in and these two players would be great signings.
Tbh I would rather have otoole and Holmes and get a Keaper from somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom