Abdullah OUT!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Established PL club, PL quality players under contract, stadium, training and academy facilities (albeit the latter just started up) located in London. Seems about right.

Benham is a top, top owner BTW - real blow for Brentford.
Difficult to disagree that Benham is a top,top owner with what he’s achieved at Brentford.
Google suggests Benham is worth $280m. and the Prince is worth $200m. so pretty comparable. So it’s not just the wealth of the owner that necessarily determines the success of the club. In Brentford’s case their rise has been determined by their successful recruitment strategy.
It could be that Benham has now recognised that that same strategy that worked to get them in the PL won’t keep them there because when they come to buy players the price is inflated because of their PL status. Hence he needs a co-owner with deeper pockets.
The Prince’s strategy is supposed to be the same as Brentford. He’s just not got people capable of delivering it.
Unless his strategy shows signs of working he’s not gonna get any buyers either.

I dont think he wants to sell,he gives the wider world the impression that he wants to sell,he accpted a bid to buy from a Nigerian crook (he must have known that) knowing full well it would not go thru.

He makes out he is skint to the public so it benefits him by not spending too much compared to incoming £'s.

He is a crafty Arab,ask McCabe he knows.

The perfect senario for him is for the club/team to be yoyoing between the Premier League and the Championship,unless by magic the club avoids relegation.

I noticed that the boys from the black stuff were on the Kop walkways patching up the tarmac,looks like they did a good job too sealing the edges of the patches with liquid black stuff,it defo was'nt Amey who did the work.

I dont think he wants to sell,he gives the wider world the impression that he wants to sell,he accpted a bid to buy from a Nigerian crook (he must have known that) knowing full well it would not go thru.

He makes out he is skint to the public so it benefits him by not spending too much compared to incoming £'s.

The perfect senario for him is for the club/team to be yoyoing between the Premier League and the Championship,unless by magic the club avoids relegation.

I noticed that the boys from the black stuff were on the Kop walkways patching up the tarmac,looks like they did a good job too sealing the edges of the patches with liquid black stuff,it defo was'nt Amey who did the work.
The perfect scenario is to stay in the PL. clearly Championship seasons tend to lose money. Doesn’t seem that crafty when you look at the facts.

We are an absolute laughing stock world wide, he needs to go and we need to put on the pressure for him to
With those Italian Ultras? They’ll want more than a singing section and a big drum. It’d end with McBurnies head in a horses bed……..
That sounds like a great theme for a poem.😄.

Mcburnies head, in a horses bed,
The man that's made of straw,
Not a ninja,always injured
Seen him play,got bored.

Neigh point hoping anymore,
Dunt create much,
Rarely scores,

So saddle him up n set him free,
Wasn't worth the transfer fee,
Been quite the anomaly.
We've had our fill of them.

Splits opinion more than most,
Father,son and the holy ghost,
Fuck him off to the Cleethorpes coast.
Grimsby Town are waiting.

PS.
Tek fuckin Brewster withi😜.

Not sure what you were trying to say here but it doesn't read great. Let's not have this kind of stuff on a football forum.

Established PL club, PL quality players under contract, stadium, training and academy facilities (albeit the latter just started up) located in London. Seems about right.

Benham is a top, top owner BTW - real blow for Brentford.
Not sure how deep the true foundations are though. They seem a bit Southampton to me: a rich streak of buying players and selling them on for a big profit but at some point their luck may change. I suppose that if Benham stays involved and keeps the access to his scouting algorithms open it should increase their chances of success but longer term...what's the point? They'll never finish in the top 10 consistently, it'd take a miracle for them to win a cup and their catchment is congested with Arsenal to the north, Chelsea and Fulham in very close proximity to the east and Palace to the south.

Not sure how deep the true foundations are though. They seem a bit Southampton to me: a rich streak of buying players and selling them on for a big profit but at some point their luck may change. I suppose that if Benham stays involved and keeps the access to his scouting algorithms open it should increase their chances of success but longer term...what's the point? They'll never finish in the top 10 consistently, it'd take a miracle for them to win a cup and their catchment is congested with Arsenal to the north, Chelsea and Fulham in very close proximity to the east and Palace to the south.

I think a lot of that is fair - you’d want Bentham to stay as he offers the algorithmic support as you say. He’s suggested he’s open to retaining a minority stake. As a counter point I’d say London offers prestige, commercial revenue potential etc which other areas can only dream of. And to finish where they have done in two seasons is a fantastic achievement.

Generally though, “what is the point?” could be applied to any Owner of any club. It’s not an emotionally nor financially rational decision owning a club. From a fan perspective, you just want someone reasonably stable as a personality, with deep, deep pockets who is daft enough to spend. Their enthusiasm will exhaust itself and then you want them out PDQ and onto the next one.

I think a lot of that is fair - you’d want Bentham to stay as he offers the algorithmic support as you say. He’s suggested he’s open to retaining a minority stake. As a counter point I’d say London offers prestige, commercial revenue potential etc which other areas can only dream of. And to finish where they have done in two seasons is a fantastic achievement.

Generally though, “what is the point?” could be applied to any Owner of any club. It’s not an emotionally nor financially rational decision owning a club. From a fan perspective, you just want someone reasonably stable as a personality, with deep, deep pockets who is daft enough to spend. Their enthusiasm will exhaust itself and then you want them out PDQ and onto the next one.
For me, the "what's the point?" question can be answered by the potential of the club. Where's it capped?

Brighton and Brentford have come from a similar place over a similar period. One has a huge catchment and no local competition. The other has multiple-PL winners within 10 miles. Benham is selling while the price is maximised (like the professional gambler he is) because in the summer Toney will leave and they're going to struggle to replace his goals and all round impact. I know they've signed Igor Thiago from Bruges but that seems a huge call at £30m.

Last edited:
For me, the "what's the point?" question can be answered by the potential of the club. Where's it capped?

Brighton and Brentford have come from a similar place over a similar period. One has a huge catchment and no local competition. The other has multiple-PL winners within 10 miles. Benham is selling while the price is maximised (like the professional gambler he is) because in the summer Toney will leave and they're going to struggle to replace his goals and all round impact. I know they've signed Igor Thiago from Bruges but that seems a huge call at £30m.

Again can’t disagree with that. Know Brighton well as a place and always thought BHA would blossom with significant investment. Not beyond the wit of man that they could get up towards 40-50,000 attendances if they keep pushing on and expand their ground. Even then though, any owner is presumably putting in huge sums to keep them afloat?

Both Brentford and BHA a different level and context to us.

I take some encouragement that WBA are being taken over, far stronger commercial location but plenty of sizeable competition in the catchment - arguably bit more than SUFC. If someone is taking a punt on them, maybe there is hope for us?

The Prince wanted to sell whilst we were in the Championship.
Apart from two crooks, no one wanted to buy.
We are in the Premier League, STILL no one wants to buy!

It does kinda beg the question, WHY?

Historically we've had a variety of , shall we say, less than acceptable owners.
What makes anyone think the next owner will be any different?

I take some encouragement that WBA are being taken over, far stronger commercial location but plenty of sizeable competition in the catchment - arguably bit more than SUFC. If someone is taking a punt on them, maybe there is hope for us?
West Brom selling for around £60m though which also involves the current owner writing off a significant amount of his investment. You'd imagine that if the price for United was at that level we'd see more viable interest but I don't know how much Abdullah has put in and whether he's willing to write any of it of (I'd guess not).

I agree that he needs to sell, but how do we do that? I don’t know where he lives, so can’t go round and have a chinwag over a brew, or a zesty cold beverage. And I haven’t got the money he’s been asking, and don't personally know anyone who does. So how do we put pressure on him? I haven’t a clue.
California

Any potential buyers are going to wait until we are mathematically down, that's when the value of the club drops.

HRH may have gambled on us going up last season as the clubs value would have risen.

That's how business works.

Clubs aren't bought and sold because of a fan (customer) protesting in the car park.

Back
Top Bottom