Incoming? Abdoulaye Ndiaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Someone we’ve obviously looked at but we’re looking at loads of lcb’s at the minute. Nothing close or no bids in for anyone yet. Will be interesting how we go with this position this guy is more of a project whilst I think originally we wanted a guaranteed starter in this position.
We could do with backup across the back 3, as well as an LCB.

Someone we’ve obviously looked at but we’re looking at loads of lcb’s at the minute. Nothing close or no bids in for anyone yet. Will be interesting how we go with this position this guy is more of a project whilst I think originally we wanted a guaranteed starter in this position.
I've not currently got any info on Abdoulaye Ndiaye. Heard one other foreign LCB we are looking at but need to see if that's a valid name or not. All the LCB names have passed me by. El Accounto mentioned two signings from one team. Therefore who is the 2nd signing from Hacken/Troyes/Fener/Brondby?

If Traore wasn't one of the 'original 4' then we were buying 4 players from Troyes/Fener/Brondby at one point. The striker therefore didn't materialise and we got pipped for the LCB.

El Account mentioned that we had one wrapped up from that team but the other one had stalled. None of that makes sense unless it's Michy Batshuayi on his way, the Hungarian stalled and Traore was optunity we couldn't pass.

Because some of el accountos original tweets don't know stack up, the LCB is probably from a fresh team not yet mentioned. We have links to Fener but apart from that they will likely be Scandanavian or French league players. If French, bottom half players or recently relegated. Probably not players playing inn Ligue2

If we were looking at the Hungarian guy we obviously want that calibre of player. Holgate is probably the UK version most easily obtainable (but is right footed). We obviously want a starting LCB who can go straight into the starting eleven.

Basically I know little on the but will add anything that comes to me.

All the LCB names have passed me by. El Accounto mentioned two signings from one team. Therefore who is the 2nd signing from Hacken/Troyes/Fener/Brondby?

Even Hovland - 34yo - Norway INT - Left sided CB (right footed) @ Hacken

Frederik Winther - 21yo - Denmark U21 - LCB (Left Footed) @ Brondby last season, on loan from FC Augsburg

Yoann Salmier - 29yo - French - LCB (Right footed) @ Troyes

Hopefully that position doesn't change, we are desperate for an upgrade there

Even Hovland - 34yo - Norway INT - Left sided CB (right footed) @ Hacken

Frederik Winther - 21yo - Denmark U21 - LCB (Left Footed) @ Brondby last season, on loan from FC Augsburg

Yoann Salmier - 29yo - French - LCB (Right footed) @ Troyes
Pretty sure it was Kristoffer Lund mentioned

Agree. Per previous comments, there's a lot to like about Ndiaye but it would be another young, inexperienced, foreigner who would likely take time (too much) to get to the level of a PL starter. If he's cheap enough, definitely one to look at though.

We need a really strong LCB. If we can be resilient at the back and have Ndiaye and a McAtee replacement at the top of the pitch we will at least have a punchers chance.
If we can bring in a midfield we give ourselves a proper platform.

Are we getting closer on anything else T?

Agree. Per previous comments, there's a lot to like about Ndiaye but it would be another young, inexperienced, foreigner who would likely take time (too much) to get to the level of a PL starter. If he's cheap enough, definitely one to look at though.

We need a really strong LCB. If we can be resilient at the back and have Ndiaye and a McAtee replacement at the top of the pitch we will at least have a punchers chance.
If we can bring in a midfield we give ourselves a proper platform.

Are we getting closer on anything else T?
Nothing close at the moment. Once we decide which lcb we’re going after then we will push but expecting a pretty quiet rest off the week.

I'm happy with our recruitment strategy this summer but my only slight concern is the AFCON and if we have any other injuries during that point.

Prob man city secure him long term but we get a cheeky loan out of it maybe....

I dunno I think we’d move on if that we’re the case as it would take one of our two very valuable domestic loan slots off the table for what would be a developmental player. I think we’ll be looking for real difference makers with those loans or we should be

I’d say what is more likely is that we sign him with a clause in the contract to say if Man City bid we sell for X amount - or for that matter just include a release clause for any team!

Back
Top Bottom