A word for Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As mentioned he was written off on here by many without lots of evidence. He was injured for pretty much his entire first season and then wasn't really fancied in his second.

He must have some ability otherwise he wouldn't have come through the Man City academy.

Hopefully he gets some minutes against Citeh as I'm sure he will be well motivated to show them what he can do.

If he can stay fit he will be a good squad player for us. Let’s be honest he has been unlucky with injuries but hasn’t done too much wrong when he has played. I’d give him another year to see how he develops. It’s also a bonus he can play LCB or LWB.

Not really done that much wrong when he has played this season.

Has to be said though Wilder has taken gambles on players with injury issues such as Rodwell and Bryan. I know they were brought in as cover but they have barely been fit enough to even be cover. So they are not much cover if they are unfit to play most of the time.

He lost his Mum last year too, and we can't underestimate the impact that can have.

Keep it clean, this is a family website.

With some of the threads and posts lately I quite agree, a family site.

The Corleones..............

Assume he was carrying an injury, any ideas what it was and when / if he is expected to be back?
Interesting that he was preferred to Bogle who was in turn preferred to Lowe.
I would definitely give him a new contract

Bryan was sensible pick. Bogle is really a right sided player so Wilder always prefers left sided players on that side. Wilder said afterwards that Lowe wasn't really fit so not surprised he put Bogle on who seems to be very adaptable and likes to get forward.

It's a 'no' from me. Some of you are suffering from post coital euphoria after last night's result.

Elegantly put 😛

It's obviously a 'maybe' for next year.

For me this forms part of a bigger thing at play. Many of the squad have been playing so far below their level with confidence Rock bottom, doubts have been raised about many of their futures from a lot of fans (myself included) - players such as Fleck, Norwood, Sharp, Bryan etc

A few results and decent performances and the whole narrative shifts. Whilst I still believe we will go down, the entire squad have a say in what happens next. Go down with a fight and a decent 2nd half of the season is fundamentally different to going down on 11 points!

More performances like that both as individuals and collectively and we are in a much better position regardless of where we end up.

We have a lot of players with something to prove now, and have the monkey off our backs of that first win.

So here's to hoping for more of yhee same from the likes of Bryan, Fleck, Ramsdale, Norwood etc

Do you know what, he’s actually pleasantly surprised me this season

I don’t know what I was expecting when I saw him in the line up for the WBA game, but bar one potential fuck up I thought he was really solid. And has been in all the games I’ve seen him in.

And yesterday’s events mean we’ll now always remember him rather than him fading into insignificance.

To come from where he’s played (Oldham, and a loan spell at bottom of L1 Bolton wanderers) to take to the PL and look pretty decent in a side bottom of the division with no confidence is quite impressive.
I think I prefer him at LWB than LCB since Ampadu is making that position his own anyway, and he is very capable out there. Hopefully his injury isn’t too serious and he can play against Man City.

I can’t believe I’ve just typed that

I have to agree. Everytime I have seen Bryan this season, he has looked more than OK - and in very difficult circumstances. Congrats to him! I hope we see more of this.

The Bryan one is funny with Brewster looking down.

I've posted before that I rate Bryan purely on his crossing ability alone, its streets ahead of any of our other wing backs. Looks like LWB could be his position and given a good run in the team can only improve. Giving him a new contract will be cheaper than buying someone new for next season, irrespective of division. Stevens is on a downward trajectory, Lowe needs loaning out to get some playing time, i think RND needs loaning out again to Championship team until next January and then see where he is.
If we end up in the championship next season Bryan with Stevens + ANO as back up.

prior to this season, we didnt really have a viable back up for Enda Stevens, if he got injured, suspended or just a dip in form, we had trouble replacing him. Now we have 2 that can slot in that position with barely a ripple, each of the three with strengths and weaknesses, but all three able to assume the role with little or no difference in ability.

Back
Top Bottom