A word for Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
Do you know what, he’s actually pleasantly surprised me this season

I don’t know what I was expecting when I saw him in the line up for the WBA game, but bar one potential fuck up I thought he was really solid. And has been in all the games I’ve seen him in.

And yesterday’s events mean we’ll now always remember him rather than him fading into insignificance.

To come from where he’s played (Oldham, and a loan spell at bottom of L1 Bolton wanderers) to take to the PL and look pretty decent in a side bottom of the division with no confidence is quite impressive.
I think I prefer him at LWB than LCB since Ampadu is making that position his own anyway, and he is very capable out there. Hopefully his injury isn’t too serious and he can play against Man City.

I can’t believe I’ve just typed that

Agreed, hes shown a lot of resilience and looked excellent yesterday. Do we know why he came off, assume it must have been an injury but how serious ?

From what Wilder said he was only ever going to play 60 mins.

Better at LWB I think but I do like him. Can cross better than any of our current wing backs plus he's another physical presence which we've missed as a collective so him over Stevens/Lowe/Osborn is a good option for us.

Hope we keep him there now - hopefully the knock he picked up isn't too serious.

Assume he was carrying an injury, any ideas what it was and when / if he is expected to be back?
Interesting that he was preferred to Bogle who was in turn preferred to Lowe.
I would definitely give him a new contract

Looking at the lad he has all the attributes needed for the modern game. His crossing is very good too he really whips them in with his left peg. I would definitely keep him at the club I feel he has plenty of potential

He has started to slowly surprise us all. He can be a tad off the pace with his touch and composure, but that's absolutely nit-picking and what do we expect?

Better at LWB I think but I do like him. Can cross better than any of our current wing backs plus he's another physical presence which we've missed as a collective so him over Stevens/Lowe/Osborn is a good option for us.

Hope we keep him there now - hopefully the knock he picked up isn't too serious.

I think he looks good at LWB too, and is a great crosser of the ball, although to be fair - so is Osborn and he also a reyt engine on him. So, in the LWB slot, we've some surprising pleasing cover.

Looking at the lad he has all the attributes needed for the modern game. His crossing is very good too he really whips them in with his left peg. I would definitely keep him at the club I feel he has plenty of potential
Noooooo.......... He mentioned the "p" word!!

Assume he was carrying an injury, any ideas what it was and when / if he is expected to be back?
Wilder said Lowe was only fit enough for 10 mins. That said I'd have Bryan ahead of him at the minute

Lowe is probably our 5th choice LWB, he’s that poor, we need to loan him out and get him playing some games to see if he can come good enough for us because right now he ain’t.

The lad has been wrongly the butt of a fair few jokes.

He's kept his head down, and done a job when asked. Always put in maximum effort - can't be easy being thrown into action after so long in the shadows. Really pleased for the lad I can see a bright future for him if he keeps progressing.

Even when he looked pants for us, his main attribute always looked like his crossing. Puts some quality balls in.

Looks a player. I would be more than happy for him to get a prolongued runout now. He could be a real asset in future.

I for one an pleased for him, he took some proper stick after his debut & has had terrible luck with injuries, but now, at last, he is starting to show that he has something about him. He is athletic, has a decent spring in his legs & whips in a great cross, if he has a run of being injury free he has a real chance of becoming our regular LWB.

Out of contract in the summer, so its a huge opportunity for him to earn another contract, when it appeared that he'd be one of the first out of the door.
We'd be mad not to give him another year on the same wages

Do I recall a buy back clause with Citah when we first signed our Kean? Just our luck if we have found a hidden gem and they come back in for him. Mind you, not sure what the buy back fee was, but 40mill (same as Brewster) could be well received. He's a crafty beggar our Chris.

The lad has been wrongly the butt of a fair few jokes.

He's kept his head down, and done a job when asked. Always put in maximum effort - can't be easy being thrown into action after so long in the shadows. Really pleased for the lad I can see a bright future for him if he keeps progressing.
I think his injury record as much as anything has been the main thing

Can certainly see us giving him another year if he stays fit between now and the end of the season. Needs a run of games to get him match sharp as there's obviously a bit of something to work with.

Do I recall a buy back clause with Citah when we first signed our Kean? Just our luck if we have found a hidden gem and they come back in for him. Mind you, not sure what the buy back fee was, but 40mill (same as Brewster) could be well received. He's a crafty beggar our Chris.
There's a sell-on

He has been good this season. I think he unfairly got chucked in as a weakness which was largely brought on by lowe.

Thought we were showing them a little bit too much respect early on in the game and standing off them, bit of cap doffing.

Bryan led by example by getting stuck into them and I really think it made a difference to the whole team. Brilliant performance by the lad.

In fact, all the supposed 'back up' players are having a right go.

Back
Top Bottom