A video from 1988

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For those who remain unsure the obnoxious Paul Walker is a Blade. So is Seth Bennett, who is OK. So is Mr. Praise and Grumble, Robert Jackson. Staton is a Pig.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to old Bob Jackson who used to play the 'military march' to encourage a local goal?!

Are you sure that Bob Jackson is a Blade? When we played a preseason game at Wendy in August 1994 (Steel City Cup?), Bob Jackson was the tannoy announcer at Hillsborough. He said "Welcome to Hillsborough, the home of Premier League football in Sheffield" to cheers from the wendies. I thought at the time it was a provocative comment given our heartbreaking last-minute relegation at Chelsea three months earlier. Mind you, we beat Wendy 3-2. I think Nathan Blake got a last minute winner.

Yes mate. I know him personally. He played bowls with my dad and also served for years as a magistrate. He, and his son Richard, are very much Blades. He was, for a while, RS "Rotherham" reporter so had a soft spot for them, but Blade he was/is.

Fulham 1-0 win, Deane with a great strike and Benstead saved a penalty which was given for a foul outside the box, watch through the highlights of the game we absoluteley murdered em! Brian Deane was some footballer!

Some of the play between Deanbe and Agana from this time is just quality. Fans generally think that football has improved mover time, and maybe so, but i think partnerships like Deane and Agana are often consigned to history now, because many teams only play with one up top. Its just a shame that Agana got injured when we got tot the top and we never were able to replace him, or Deane for that matter! Blake was decent though to be fair!

Are you sure that Bob Jackson is a Blade? When we played a preseason game at Wendy in August 1994 (Steel City Cup?), Bob Jackson was the tannoy announcer at Hillsborough. He said "Welcome to Hillsborough, the home of Premier League football in Sheffield" to cheers from the wendies. I thought at the time it was a provocative comment given our heartbreaking last-minute relegation at Chelsea three months earlier. Mind you, we beat Wendy 3-2. I think Nathan Blake got a last minute winner.

Remember that moment very well - provocative and completely uncalled for. If my memory serves, we went 2-0 up with a Nathan Blake double, they pulled it back to 2-2 before Bobby Davison got our last minute winner :)

Remember that moment very well - provocative and completely uncalled for. If my memory serves, we went 2-0 up with a Nathan Blake double, they pulled it back to 2-2 before Bobby Davison got our last minute winner :)
Yes. Only time I've had a ticket for the away end at the Sty. Shame it was only a 'friendly'. Great night nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom