A question that has to be asked. But what the answer is, is anybody s guess

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why can't we find a buyer?
We were heading for the Premier league and we couldn't find a buyer. The only two options were shysters or frauds.
Now we are in the Premier league ( Not for much longer) we still can't find a buyer.
What's wrong? Why aren't we attracting potential buyers.
Is our infrastructure that shite? Is the Prince asking too much? What is it?
We are (currently) in the (allegedly) best league in the world. The potential for world wide exposure is there.
So WHY can't we find a buyer? Something somewhere is not right. What is it?
Borrowing costs are up around the world so financing a purchase like that of a football club costs more. To maintain affordability the price of the asset has to fall, but it doesn’t appear that that has happened.

Sheffield, on the whole, is very unattractive to any potential buyer. You only need to look at little old Brentford as to why the money will always go darn sarf.
Nail on head for me. I know there are obvious exceptions but the attraction for foreign money is largely London and darn sarf. History passed us by.

Sheffield, on the whole, is very unattractive to any potential buyer. You only need to look at little old Brentford as to why the money will always go darn sarf.

You mean the club owned by a fan who has done well and is obviously very smart when it comes to football? Literally any city could "do a Brentford"

Reactions: Dkc
most billionaires are billionaires as they are not that gullible as to pour money into what is in actuality a money pit
if your aim is to expand your wealth financing a football club is not a risk worth a second glance
the best hope is to get a fan like Wigan got Whelan or blackburn had Walker

most billionaires are billionaires as they are not that gullible as to pour money into what is in actuality a money pit
if your aim is to expand your wealth financing a football club is not a risk worth a second glance
Leicester,Reading and Stoke among others all found one.

When I’m a billionaire, I wont be putting any of it anywhere near a football club thats for sure.

We had Mr McCabe

Because he won't lower his price. Balls to what Bettis said about him asking for the 'market value' for a club of our stature, the price is what people are willing to pay.

If people aren't paying it, the price is too high.

HURRY UP, SELL UP ANNNNNNNNNND FUCK OFF!

Much like Brewster, we hardly ever see him but I'm already sick of the sight of him.
What's the lowest price you would you be happy with him selling the club for?

You mean the club owned by a fan who has done well and is obviously very smart when it comes to football? Literally any city could "do a Brentford"
It was more the ‘up for sale’ at £400M+ I was getting at. A Brentford in the North would be hard pressed to get a valuation at a quarter of that. Which one would you choose for your toy if money was no object, the bright lights of Sharrow, or the affluent Thames corridor?

yea Stoke and Reading are storming into Europe, and Leicester got relegated
…true but they were more successful than we have been and certainly more successful than they would have been without such owners. They have legacies in the form of new/updated grounds and training facilities.
The point being replieto was that such owners are very few, but these and others are not that rare.

Because he won't lower his price. Balls to what Bettis said about him asking for the 'market value' for a club of our stature, the price is what people are willing to pay.

If people aren't paying it, the price is too high.

HURRY UP, SELL UP ANNNNNNNNNND FUCK OFF!

Much like Brewster, we hardly ever see him but I'm already sick of the sight of him.
It's not just that, he is also insisting on keeping a share in the club, so that any prospective buyer can't have the whole 100% of the club

It was more the ‘up for sale’ at £400M+ I was getting at. A Brentford in the North would be hard pressed to get a valuation at a quarter of that. Which one would you choose for your toy if money was no object, the bright lights of Sharrow, or the affluent Thames corridor?
They haven't got that yet... valued at and getting are very different. Leeds takeover was circa 170 million and they aren't a million miles away

Why can't we find a buyer?
We were heading for the Premier league and we couldn't find a buyer. The only two options were shysters or frauds.
Now we are in the Premier league ( Not for much longer) we still can't find a buyer.
What's wrong? Why aren't we attracting potential buyers.
Is our infrastructure that shite? Is the Prince asking too much? What is it?
We are (currently) in the (allegedly) best league in the world. The potential for world wide exposure is there.
So WHY can't we find a buyer? Something somewhere is not right. What is it?

I M A G E

We are a football club from a city with a shit image, a club that not only embraces the shit image but encourages the shit image as though it is something to be proud of.

Any would be billionaire buyers will do a bucket load of research on a football club before buying in.
And all they see from the club, our fans, the city and everyone connected to both is an acceptance of shit and failure.

But it's not just about it's downtrodden image, there are cities with a worse image than Sheffield who would get immediate investment if they got near the Premier League, Sunderland being one, Middlesbrough being another, Stoke and Hull being others. But the fans of those clubs have dreams and expectations, ours have fuck all and expect nothing.

Any would be billionaire might say "Well, I looked at Sheffield United, but even their own fans don't want it, so what's the point in trying to give them something that they don't fucking want anyway, the bunch of backward cunts"

…true but they were more successful than we have been and certainly more successful than they would have been without such owners. They have legacies in the form of new/updated grounds and training facilities.
The point being replieto was that such owners are very few, but these and others are not that rare.
The Stoke one is a local business person and owner of Bet365, also a fan.

Leicester and Reading are seemingly a sports washing exercise by their owners.

Few and far between really.
It's not just that, he is also insisting on keeping a share in the club, so that any prospective buyer can't have the whole 100% of the club
I don’t think he’s ’insisting’ he’s just giving the option. It happens often that owners of businesses might want to sell a stake and retain some, might work for both parties for a number of reasons.

I'm sure if you had a car that was worth five grand you wanted rid of, and the best offer you had was three grand take it or leave it, you're taking it, right?
If it’s after 2 or 3 of years of trying and my record of maintaining the car is piss pot poor then i probably am yeah

I M A G E

We are a football club from a city with a shit image, a club that not only embraces the shit image but encourages the shit image as though it is something to be proud of.

Any would be billionaire buyers will do a bucket load of research on a football club before buying in.
And all they see from the club, our fans, the city and everyone connected to both is an acceptance of shit and failure.

But it's not just about it's downtrodden image, there are cities with a worse image than Sheffield who would get immediate investment if they got near the Premier League, Sunderland being one, Middlesbrough being another, Stoke and Hull being others. But the fans of those clubs have dreams and expectations, ours have fuck all and expect nothing.

Any would be billionaire might say "Well, I looked at Sheffield United, but even their own fans don't want it, so what's the point in trying to give them something that they don't fucking want anyway, the bunch of backward cunts"
Who says we don’t want it ?

The 28 / 30k who go to every home game ? the 3/4k who passionately follow the Blades to every away game ?

The fans who turn up to support their club no matter what , through thin and not much thick ?

The fans of the 12th best supported team in England ?

The fans who will back anyone giving effort over erratic skill and bi polar attitude?

The fans who don’t turn their back on the club even though they can see it going tits up before it’s gone tits up ?

The fans who actually appreciate when an owner is trying and don’t actively give grief ?

Or would the new owner prefer to buy a club of self entitled , up their own backside fans who grumble at the first sign of adversity, empty the ground the first time shit happens (see West Ham v Arsenal ) even though they’re supposed to be a big club with fantastic , modern , trendy supporters .

A club maybe who buy players for millions and millions yet the fans still have a go at the owners ?

And you call us backwards c—-ts

This club , this City infact ,has no real appreciation of the loyal support base it has despite the crap and mismanagement served up - year after year .

It is a great opportunity for someone to light the touch paper and see it rocket 🚀

Don’t talk rubbish man

If it’s after 2 or 3 of years of trying and my record of maintaining the car is piss pot poor then i probably am yeah
Thank god you don't have any say in anything.
Once the price gets too low, we'll be swamped with asset stripping buyers.

This isn't your shit old car, it's the club we love and want to survive for us and future generations.

The Stoke one is a local business person and owner of Bet365, also a fan.

Leicester and Reading are seemingly a sports washing exercise by their owners.

Few and far between really.

I don’t think he’s ’insisting’ he’s just giving the option. It happens often that owners of businesses might want to sell a stake and retain some, might work for both parties for a number of reasons.
The family owning Leicester have been massive benefactors to the city as well as the club.
Madejski was also a massive investor in Reading, so to accuse either of them as “sports washing” is unfair.

They haven't got that yet... valued at and getting are very different. Leeds takeover was circa 170 million and they aren't a million miles away
They may or may not get the valuation, but anyone with serious money would always plump for what the likes of Brentford can offer over us.

As for dirty Leeds, although it pains me to say it, that City has far more to offer any potential buyers.

Who says we don’t want it ?

The 28 / 30k who go to every home game ? the 3/4k who passionately follow the Blades to every away game ?

The fans who turn up to support their club no matter what , through thin and not much thick ?

The fans of the 12th best supported team in England ?

The fans who will back anyone giving effort over erratic skill and bi polar attitude?

The fans who don’t turn their back on the club even though they can see it going tits up before it’s gone tits up ?

The fans who actually appreciate when an owner is trying and don’t actively give grief ?

Or would the new owner prefer to buy a club of self entitled , up their own backside fans who grumble at the first sign of adversity, empty the ground the first time shit happens (see West Ham v Arsenal ) even though they’re supposed to be a big club with fantastic , modern , trendy supporters .

A club maybe who buy players for millions and millions yet the fans still have a go at the owners ?

And you call us backwards c—-ts

This club , this City infact ,has no real appreciation of the loyal support base it has despite the crap and mismanagement served up - year after year .

It is a great opportunity for someone to light the touch paper and see it rocket 🚀

Don’t talk rubbish man
12th best supported team ?
There's at least four in the Championship with bigger support than us.

And despite his lack of funds I've said on here no end of times that this owner is the best we've ever had, but then again he hasn't had to do much to claim that prize.

As soon as McCabe or Brearley or Hinchliffe or Woolhouse or MacDonald or any of the other clowns we've suffered had to pay the water bill or something we had to sell a player for 10% of his value.

You only have to look on this website, the biggest of all United forums to see what you'd need to see as a would be buyer.

Any good player we've stumbled upon, and it's never about how we can improve by building a team around him, it's always about how much can we get for him before we have to offer him a proper contract.

Any loan player player who is successful here and it's "He'll never come here permanent" "He's too good for us" "He's on good money, shitty old us can't afford that" and then watch him move to Brentford or Crystal Palace or Luton or even a Championship club.
This portrays a League One mentality and image.

Image is becoming everything in the game nowadays, and United's stinks to high heaven.
United fans are criticised in the national media for walking out when the opponent scores their fifth goal against us, slagging our fans off as not being very good or very loyal. Why does this happen? Image

CHAMPIONSHIP CHASING ARSENAL fans walk out when Aston Villa score their second goal and it is put down to disappointment and how much it hurts such wonderful fans.
Why does this happen? Image.

Our fans constantly talk about cheap tickets and they wouldn't go, or couldn't go if the prices increased. If an owner came in and said I'll spend money, and I will bring success, but I'm not doing it alone, I want some commitment from the fans to dig deep as well.......they wouldn't do it. They would see it as going against the clubs image and the flat cap and fag stuck in the gob image of the game they want to keep.

Some of this shit Image is ignorance on the media and other fans part, but a lot of it is cultivated and embraced by United themselves. They've projected this shit, run down, decrepit image of themselves to make any achievement however miniscule seem like it is amazing. It's a wonderful way of keeping fans expectations in check whilst providing absolutely nothing for them, and our fans lap it up whilst everyone laughs at them.

These are some of my opinion's as to why some serious investors don't consider United a viable option. But I suppose most on here can just consider it bad luck if they want to.

The family owning Leicester have been massive benefactors to the city as well as the club.
Madejski was also a massive investor in Reading, so to accuse either of them as “sports washing” is unfair.
Majedski sold his controlling interest years ago, it’s the new owners I’m referring to.

There’s a distinct lack of stupid billionaires around who are willing to pour money down the drain just to get earache from football fans when it all goes tits up.
I dont know Russell Crowe nearly bought Leeds he is not a billionaire but he might be the other thing.

Sorry. I was referring back to the comment that such people are very rare. Maybe they are now.
Yep, Majedski was in the McCabe era.

Looking around it’s either equity funds, rich fans or sportwashers with the odd legacy owner (like Stoke) involved.

Unfortunately we don’t have any of these and there doesn’t seem to be a dearth of people coming forward!

12th best supported team ?
There's at least four in the Championship with bigger support than us.

And despite his lack of funds I've said on here no end of times that this owner is the best we've ever had, but then again he hasn't had to do much to claim that prize.

As soon as McCabe or Brearley or Hinchliffe or Woolhouse or MacDonald or any of the other clowns we've suffered had to pay the water bill or something we had to sell a player for 10% of his value.

You only have to look on this website, the biggest of all United forums to see what you'd need to see as a would be buyer.

Any good player we've stumbled upon, and it's never about how we can improve by building a team around him, it's always about how much can we get for him before we have to offer him a proper contract.

Any loan player player who is successful here and it's "He'll never come here permanent" "He's too good for us" "He's on good money, shitty old us can't afford that" and then watch him move to Brentford or Crystal Palace or Luton or even a Championship club.
This portrays a League One mentality and image.

Image is becoming everything in the game nowadays, and United's stinks to high heaven.
United fans are criticised in the national media for walking out when the opponent scores their fifth goal against us, slagging our fans off as not being very good or very loyal. Why does this happen? Image

CHAMPIONSHIP CHASING ARSENAL fans walk out when Aston Villa score their second goal and it is put down to disappointment and how much it hurts such wonderful fans.
Why does this happen? Image.

Our fans constantly talk about cheap tickets and they wouldn't go, or couldn't go if the prices increased. If an owner came in and said I'll spend money, and I will bring success, but I'm not doing it alone, I want some commitment from the fans to dig deep as well.......they wouldn't do it. They would see it as going against the clubs image and the flat cap and fag stuck in the gob image of the game they want to keep.

Some of this shit Image is ignorance on the media and other fans part, but a lot of it is cultivated and embraced by United themselves. They've projected this shit, run down, decrepit image of themselves to make any achievement however miniscule seem like it is amazing. It's a wonderful way of keeping fans expectations in check whilst providing absolutely nothing for them, and our fans lap it up whilst everyone laughs at them.

These are some of my opinion's as to why some serious investors don't consider United a viable option. But I suppose most on here can just consider it bad luck if they want to.
Great reply
Thanks

🤙

Back
Top Bottom