A good goalkeeper is worth 10pts a season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been difficult to assess Moore in his early Blades career. Simply cos he had frig all to do !

But I agree, defo showing his worth now.

UTB

Fantastic save - but to concede would have been a travesty as we dominated possession, particularly 2nd half, and deserved the win.

I thought they looked decent early on but they then went ultra defensive and tried to waste time.

That save was the defining part of the game. It seemed to lift the crowd and lift the team.

He's a very good keeper who's made a massive difference to us. I'm baffled why some Blades still seem to nit-pick and want to hold an inquest when he does make the odd rick. Every keeper makes mistakes, the good ones hust make less and get their team out of the crap more.

Great save from Moore and he does his job well when called upon.

From where we were sat on the Kop the ball was well on its way into net before a sensational world class save witnessed by 24,000 onlookers.

One of the best saves I've ever seen.

That's 2 games running that he's played a major part in us winning. Remember us all scratching our heads and trying to recall the last game a keeper won us any points last season?

Agree 100% ...

Best signing in wilders short tenure so far.. kept us in the game yesterday, had one save to make, 99% of keepers especially in this division wouldn't have saved that...

Moore has been a great signing. I'm not sure why everyone's going crazy over that save though; It seemed pretty routine to me. He was already on his way to the far post when the kick was taken.

Absolutely agree with the OP 100%.

I heard some complaints at the Oldham game because he didn't catch a corner but he punched it well outside the area, that will do for me - some people :rolleyes:

Totally agree, we are so much better defending corners and crosses with him in the sticks. His catching is usually solid and when he punches the ball it stays f*****g punched.

Absolutely agree with the OP 100%.

I heard some complaints at the Oldham game because he didn't catch a corner but he punched it well outside the area, that will do for me - some people :rolleyes:

Yep. It was "catchable", but he made his decision on what he saw and felt at the time. It was decisive and as some have already said, it stayed punched. With previous recent keepers you would have got a catch and a drop, a flap or a mis-cued punch. Good decision as it was successful!

This thread is another example of the fickle world of football.

I watched Moore make an outstanding save yesterday from a Taylor free kick. 100% a quality top drawer save.

Then bosh .............. you get a view that it wasnt that great and whats all the fuss about !!!!! The fact Moore made a move to the side the free kick went, makes the save even better.

I just don't get what some fans are watching.

Aside from his save, I was impressed by how Moore was keen on trying to get the players to move out quicker when we had a goal kick. We moved it far too slowly again yesterday, in my opinion and Moore was trying to change this so we could hit them at more of a pace and break them down better.

This thread is another example of the fickle world of football.

I watched Moore make an outstanding save yesterday from a Taylor free kick. 100% a quality top drawer save.

Then bosh .............. you get a view that it wasnt that great and whats all the fuss about !!!!! The fact Moore made a move to the side the free kick went, makes the save even better.

I just don't get what some fans are watching.
Don't they say the best keepers don't make many world class saves because they have world class positioning?

Back
Top Bottom