A future feature of ticketing at the lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we've got five season tickets, but have only attended three games together all season, due to work, midweek kick offs, etc. so it's a waste of money this year tbh. this kind of scheme would be amazing. even normally we only get to 50-60% so i really hope this is considered.

great post. great scheme.

Excellent point that no one seems to have picked up on.

It doesn’t seem fair that a fan could buy a PL season ticket just to book a seat for the big 6, sell the other 13 back to the club and still get a whole season’s worth of points.

Maybe remove the points pro rata from the ST and give them to the fan buying the seat for that game.
Absolutely fair and fine with me, one can't have it both ways.

reminds me of story I heard on 5Live years ago. Chelsea was sold out every week but there was always a seat free. On Boxing day someone appears in it and the bloke says, ah you're here, we wondered if it had been bought. Bloke goes, yeah, my wife bought me it back in summer as a Christmas present.

I imagine if we introduced this scheme, it'd fall flat on its arse when people realise they have to be a Blades Megafan Member to register for tickets (only £500 per season), and they have to pay 95% admin fees per ticket, and they can only buy a spare ticket if they've attended at least 278 matches in the last 17 years.

I imagine if we introduced this scheme, it'd fall flat on its arse when people realise they have to be a Blades Megafan Member to register for tickets (only £500 per season), and they have to pay 95% admin fees per ticket, and they can only buy a spare ticket if they've attended at least 278 matches in the last 17 years.

Imagine.

My son and I have season tickets but we hardly ever go because of the hassle trying to travel to the UK these days. I don’t like the thought of our seats being empty and other fans not being able to go so I wrote to the club and asked if there was anyway they could give my tickets away for the matches I won’t be attending, perhaps to people that otherwise couldn’t afford to go; I don’t remember the details but basically the club replied that it was too difficult for them administratively. To be clear, I didn’t want refunding for the matches I couldn’t get to; I buy the season tickets out of utterly misguided loyalty, in full knowledge that it isn’t value for money. If they can introduce a scheme that gets more people into the ground then I’m all for it.

Most of the clubs and a few in the championship have this scheme already, great idea it should be implemented as soon as possible.

My son and I have season tickets but we hardly ever go because of the hassle trying to travel to the UK these days. I don’t like the thought of our seats being empty and other fans not being able to go so I wrote to the club and asked if there was anyway they could give my tickets away for the matches I won’t be attending, perhaps to people that otherwise couldn’t afford to go; I don’t remember the details but basically the club replied that it was too difficult for them administratively. To be clear, I didn’t want refunding for the matches I couldn’t get to; I buy the season tickets out of utterly misguided loyalty, in full knowledge that it isn’t value for money. If they can introduce a scheme that gets more people into the ground then I’m all for it.
Can I suggest you do not renew your season tickets next season, therefore giving other supporters the chance to move into them.
On the rare occasions you do go, just buy individual tickets online.

we've got five season tickets, but have only attended three games together all season, due to work, midweek kick offs, etc. so it's a waste of money this year tbh. this kind of scheme would be amazing. even normally we only get to 50-60% so i really hope this is considered.

great post. great scheme.
Most people seem to be missing the point. The Rotherham scheme is only intended for matches that are going to sell out, such as against us next Saturday.
We rarely sell out, therefore the club would lose money. Also there would be a cost in the administration of such a scheme.

Me and my son have had season tickets, this season we didn't renew.
We live quite a distance from Sheffield, so even though we had season tickets we would miss several home games, especially night games.
If there was an outlet to let others use the tickets for the games we don't attend that would be great.
Same with me I live a fair way from Sheffield and my son lives even further away. We miss a few games, especially when they are moved for TV, like Friday nights, it is impossible with work to get to the games. We have season tickets but know we cannot get to all games. I am not bothered about getting money back for games I can't attend. I would gladly give my ticket back to the club for games I can't attend and it then be available for someone to else. I would give it away to friends who support United but I don't know any since I haven't lived in Sheffield for 40 years. Personally I would like a scheme where we can gift our seats for a game back to the club and the club then gift it to a supporter who can't afford to attend games, preferably a parent and child. That would help maintain our fan base into the future. My season ticket is in the South Stand Block A , row M. There are always empty seats in this area even when the game is sold out. Some seats round us, never have anyone sitting in them.

The best way would be for the club to invest in a decent resale system and then it becomes a fan to fan system. The ticketing companies offer this, obviously for a fee, but it’s a lot less admin for the club.

Most people seem to be missing the point. The Rotherham scheme is only intended for matches that are going to sell out, such as against us next Saturday.
We rarely sell out, therefore the club would lose money. Also there would be a cost in the administration of such a scheme.
Yep completely missing the point, I was jumping to conclusions.

I know Celtic do this and many other clubs with a large following worldwide.
A Celtic supporter living in Australia might only get to two or three games a year but won't let go of his season ticket, so he uses the buy back scheme.
Seems to work okay, but I'm sure United would find a way to fuck it up and confuse everybody
This is the main reason you can buy tickets for Barcelona, Dortmund etc.

This is the main reason you can buy tickets for Barcelona, Dortmund etc.
Exactly
Any tourist or visitor can get tickets for Barcelona and Real Madrid at a moments notice.

A season ticket give up will still present the same problems at United, there are plenty of other seats available and some randomer still won't be able to buy them

There's been 2 seats next to me with noone in it all season, I'd love to be able to get a ticket for if my Dad wants to come occassionaly but as they're STs they're not available to buy on the ticketing site. This would, hopefully, solve that. i sometimes struggle to get across the peaks myself, but not sure it would help me as most of my excuses are the Snake being shut at short notice, or being too hungover for the drive on a saturday and therefore definitely too hungover to try and mess about with the ticketing website

reminds me of story I heard on 5Live years ago. Chelsea was sold out every week but there was always a seat free. On Boxing day someone appears in it and the bloke says, ah you're here, we wondered if it had been bought. Bloke goes, yeah, my wife bought me it back in summer as a Christmas present.
Yes thats a good one !!

Back
Top Bottom