A future feature of ticketing at the lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Rotherham United have launched a new pilot ticketing scheme and in all fairness it looks decent. During a recent "sold out" fixture, they noticed a number of empty seats around the ground. A club spokesperson said "we still have significant demand for the gane and had to turn them away, yet it was obvious to us that we had empty seats that fans could have been sat in".

The new "buy back" scheme will give season ticket holders the opportunity to sell back their seat for fixtures that they are unable to attend, in turn RUFC are willing to pay back 75% of the "pro-rata" match by match cost.

For instance, a blades equivalent would be...

Kop (Adult season ticket 22/23) = £402.50
Divided by 23 games = £17.50

75% of £17.50 = Pro-rata £13.12 or there abouts.

I know nyself that when I can't use my season ticket, generally theres a queue of people waiting in line and that's just in my own family. It's usuallt a case of first come, first served.... but I can see this being useful to some? Therefore maybe it is something that we could look to utilise if we return to the promised land and potential sell out fixtures?

Rotherham United have launched a new pilot ticketing scheme and in all fairness it looks decent. During a recent "sold out" fixture, they noticed a number of empty seats around the ground. A club spokesperson said "we still have significant demand for the gane and had to turn them away, yet it was obvious to us that we had empty seats that fans could have been sat in".

The new "buy back" scheme will give season ticket holders the opportunity to sell back their seat for fixtures that they are unable to attend, in turn RUFC are willing to pay back 75% of the "pro-rata" match by match cost.

For instance, a blades equivalent would be...

Kop (Adult season ticket 22/23) = £402.50
Divided by 23 games = £17.50

75% of £17.50 = Pro-rata £13.12 or there abouts.

I know nyself that when I can't use my season ticket, generally theres a queue of people waiting in line and that's just in my own family. It's usuallt a case of first come, first served.... but I can see this being useful to some? Therefore maybe it is something that we could look to utilise if we return to the promised land and potential sell out fixtures?

I very rarely miss an home game but its a great idea as I know loads of ST holders that miss tons of matches.

I know Celtic do this and many other clubs with a large following worldwide.
A Celtic supporter living in Australia might only get to two or three games a year but won't let go of his season ticket, so he uses the buy back scheme.
Seems to work okay, but I'm sure United would find a way to fuck it up and confuse everybody

Not sure if the amount would be worked out exactly as you've done or if the amount would vary depending on wether its a category A/B/C game?

Great idea though...

Great idea for all parties. Loads of clubs do it.

A great idea, particularly in the Premier league. Would make the club money if implemented properly and help to grow the fanbase. If the ground got expanded at some point it'd probably be unnecessary and lose the club money as the priority should be selling unsold seats.

Needs to happen and also to check if people aren’t bothering coming. There’s loads near us on the South Stand that despite being sold out as season tickets, never have anybody sat there. I’m not sure why this would be, my only guesses are (a) they’re comps and people don’t use them or (b) people have bought the seats, possibly on kids tickets, just to get points for the away games.

"Here wife, as we're going to a wedding next weekend, I'll call the Lane and sell them my ticket back. I'll only get 75% of the value, but better that nowt"

'ring ring, ring ring....Hello and thanks for calling Sheffield United. You are caller number 138 in the queue, and we will answer your call approximately some time next season'

I think it should definately be implemented but with some kind of limit (5 games maybe)

Don't want to end up in a situation where people buy an ST knowing they can only do a handful of games just to get the points etc, especially if we get to the Premiership and they stop selling them.

Great if you’re selling your own ticket, not so good if it’s the well-mannered old guy that usually sits next to you and a gobby young coke-head buys his ticket…..

Needs to happen and also to check if people aren’t bothering coming. There’s loads near us on the South Stand that despite being sold out as season tickets, never have anybody sat there. I’m not sure why this would be, my only guesses are (a) they’re comps and people don’t use them or (b) people have bought the seats, possibly on kids tickets, just to get points for the away games.
There are a number of seats near us which are never occupied, I contacted the ticket office asking to buy them as season tickets or day tickets as they had been unoccupied for a number of years and was told that people buy them as season tickets and it is up to them what they do with them.

Well I got a ticket for every home match in the prem despite at that time only having 6k points there was only man u when it was touch and go
You might have got a ticket but I guarantee on the match day most games would have sold out.

There are a number of seats near us which are never occupied, I contacted the ticket office asking to buy them as season tickets or day tickets as they had been unoccupied for a number of years and was told that people buy them as season tickets and it is up to them what they do with them.
Maybe you’re near me on H? If they’re unwilling to do anything about people who are persistently no-shows, when we effectively have a waiting list of people who’d like to sit there, then that’s a joke really. More concerned about money than the fan experience.

Me and my son have had season tickets, this season we didn't renew.
We live quite a distance from Sheffield, so even though we had season tickets we would miss several home games, especially night games.
If there was an outlet to let others use the tickets for the games we don't attend that would be great.

We'd need to sell out first, something we've managed about 5 times in the last 4 seasons.
Loads clubs say sell out and I bet not every single seat available has been sold. (Some seats around kop posts never sell) In the first PL season our attendances were excellent.

I think it should definately be implemented but with some kind of limit (5 games maybe)

Don't want to end up in a situation where people buy an ST knowing they can only do a handful of games just to get the points etc, especially if we get to the Premiership and they stop selling them.
Excellent point that no one seems to have picked up on.

It doesn’t seem fair that a fan could buy a PL season ticket just to book a seat for the big 6, sell the other 13 back to the club and still get a whole season’s worth of points.

Maybe remove the points pro rata from the ST and give them to the fan buying the seat for that game.

Can only see one flaw. How are those who can’t use the online system manage? Oh, two. Seats being next to each other for the hand holders……

Back
Top Bottom