A fart from Iceland is preventing me from going.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ha ha you're right Grecian, alternatively when the thread "most effort taken to get to a game gets started" i'll be able to state, walked 800 miles and swan the tunnel to get to the game.

Hi Swiss,

Please keep me updated on your thoughts/plans as I still need a ticket (I'm a vulture I know!!)

Thanks

Carl :thumbup:

If you do make it, we'll buy you a pint :D
Cheers linz, If I make it (looking even less likely now) then I think i'll be the one buying! :D

Hi Swiss,

Please keep me updated on your thoughts/plans as I still need a ticket (I'm a vulture I know!!)

Thanks

Carl :thumbup:

I'll let you know Carl, but my mate has first bagsy on the ticket if I can't go

Swiss, if you're getting a car mate, it might be easier to book it on a ferry.

Dunkirk to Dover and back again on Nofolkline is looking around €50 whereas Eurotunnel/star have told people not to even bother trying.

http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/ferry/

And at least you can get your head down for 2 hours while you're on the boat.

Cheers linz, If I make it (looking even less likely now) then I think i'll be the one buying! :D

I'll let you know Carl, but my mate has first bagsy on the ticket if I can't go

Hi Swiss,

Damn it! :) OK mate but please keep me updated. Your mate isn't in Brazil by any chance is he :)?

As of now my flight is still on. But a further 2 hours of delays in the UK could mess this up.

Could anybody with a leaf blower please take one for the team and go outside and point the fucker skywards? It'd be appreciated!

As of now my flight is still on. But a further 2 hours of delays in the UK could mess this up.

Could anybody with a leaf blower please take one for the team and go outside and point the fucker skywards? It'd be appreciated!

:) Squeeky bum time!

Please keep me informed mate as you'd could be my hero!

Cheers

Swiss, if you're getting a car mate, it might be easier to book it on a ferry.

Dunkirk to Dover and back again on Nofolkline is looking around €50 whereas Eurotunnel/star have told people not to even bother trying.

http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/ferry/

And at least you can get your head down for 2 hours while you're on the boat.

Cheers Linz,

I was going to hire a car, but I wanted a one way trip because I'm driving my car from the UK down to Switzerland on Wednesday. A one way drop off at Paris or Brussels was going to cost me £400 for less than 24 hrs!

Hi Swiss,

Damn it! :) OK mate but please keep me updated. Your mate isn't in Brazil by any chance is he :)?

No my mate is in Sheffield :D

Good luck mousey, when are you due to travel anyway? Tomorrow?

BREAKING NEWS:Air traffic restrictions in England and Wales to remain until 0700 BST on Saturday

I think this is good news.

BREAKING NEWS:Air traffic restrictions in England and Wales to remain until 0700 BST on Saturday

I think this is good news.

Aye... but they also said that about 0700 this morning too.

Good news for you Mousey, but the cloud looks to be moving over Switzerland by tomorrow.

I've resigned myself to the fact that i won't make it now and i've given my ticket away to a mate.

BUT.... I'll be there next Sat for Swansea so anyone thats up for a beer.... you're round :)

Anyone thought of sending a woman up with a hoover and duster????

Thanks. I'm due to fly at 23:40 Brazil time (03:40 BST) and land at 15:00 BST on Saturday so it is very bloody close.
Good luck mate, I really do hope you make it!

If not, I'll be happy too as I might be able to go myself :)

When you consider the recent large volcanic eruptions - Pinatubo in 1991, Mount St Helens in the 80's, Kilauea in Hawaii and Etna in Italy both of which are at it all the time, to name a few, there are many more - doesn't it strike you as odd that there's never been a blanket grounding of air traffic before for...a-hem... 'ash'?

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories (no, no, come on I'm not that bad... :rolleyes: ) but just supposing 'someone' wanted complete freedom of airspace over Northern Europe for a couple of days to carry out some type of clandestine activity, the like of which we can only speculate on, away from the prying eyes of commercial pilots and passengers, wouldn't this be a perfect cover story...?

But, nah, it's probably kosher and they can't be arsed to hose all the planes down when they're covered in shit. ;)

You are so clued up jonbon.
I will be watching sky news weather like a hawk now. This is how I think it will go.

Isabel Lang :- " Well it looks like snow again over most of Britain and Europe,but don't try ski-ing in it as it's actually volcanic ash and it smells like really bad farts caused by excess beer and pork sandwiches. Further on from Europe where Pakistan and Afghanistan are ... er were .. er,.. where the fuck have Pakistan and Afghanistan gone ?

Sky News Weather sponsored by Falling out of the sky airlines

Hi Dutch,

Sorry to hear that. Bet your gutted.

Don't suppose there's a spare ticket in Sheffield going begging is there? :)

Anyone else following recent geological events in Iceland? It really is a huge deal for the country.

• The earth opening up underneath Grindavik.
  • 1% of the nation’s population displaced.
  • Heating out of action across the affected peninsula.
  • The Blue Lagoon and associated power plant under threat.
  • This eruption cycle could last for years.
1707654647469.jpeg

This chap is worth a follow on YouTube:

Edit - no idea why this thread is in Blades chat. 🤣

Anyone else following recent geological events in Iceland? It really is a huge deal for the country.

• The earth opening up underneath Grindavik.
  • 1% of the nation’s population displaced.
  • Heating out of action across the affected peninsula.
  • The Blue Lagoon and associated power plant under threat.
  • This eruption cycle could last for years.
View attachment 179128

This chap is worth a follow on YouTube:

Edit - no idea why this thread is in Blades chat. 🤣

I’m going there in a couple of months. I’ll report back.

Hope the beer section is ok, not bothered about the cleaning section, also is it going to disrupt the self service tills.
We need to know.

Went to Iceland in dec 2019, saw the Norvvern Lights, ate some fermented shark, saw some funny little horses, looked at partly frozen waterfalls and lots of hot water springs and the like.

Anyway, enough of my holiday, one thing was clear that it’s quite volcanic. I knew that before, see my posts above. But there’s Shit loads of them and it’s a fascinating place

I’m guessing it’s not so fascinating if you’re uprooted from your home or have your heating cut off. The airport is also over near the blue lagoon.

The way that lava is spurting out reminds me of the sand shooting from the vaginas of a few of the posters on here.

Back
Top Bottom