A fart from Iceland is preventing me from going.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lund-Blade

Reaction score
My flight has been cancelled to london because of the Vulcano fart from Iceland...I am unable to go the derby.

I am trying to get money back However! If this doesnt succeed, there will be 7 tickets available in the restricted end if someone is interested. They are in LondoN!

Let me know!

My flight has been cancelled to london because of the Vulcano fart from Iceland...I am unable to go the derby.

No chance of it being rescheduled?!

I am trying to get money back However! If this doesnt succeed, there will be 7 tickets available in the restricted end if someone is interested. They are in LondoN!

Let me know!

I'm sure there will be a fair few looking for spares!

Lund... Geneblade, BexleyBlade and sufc4lyfe were looking for tickets.

I know at least Bexley is southern based.

Might be worth dropping them a PM if you're definitely not able to come.

Hi Lund

I will DEFIANTLY have 1 (or 2 if it suits) of the tickets. I'm in Sheffield but we can sort the logistics out by email if you would be so kind :)

Please email me at [email protected] to arrange or PM me please.

Thanks

Carl

I can't reschedule because there are no flights availabe on friday...

I heard Strap-on was in Iceland! But he was there buying frozen pizza, chicken dippers, turkey twizzlers and an old poster of Kerry Katona!

Seriously though, best of luck getting there mate, it could be the last Steel City derby for some time, but I wouldn't risk falling out of the sky to get there!

Let me know!

I may share your pain!

I'm praying that Heathrow is accepting international flights on Saturday or I will be unable to go to the game. If so I will have one spare ticket up for grabs. If you're interested then send me a PM and I will keep you up to date with my flight. Although I think if you really want the ticket you'll be watching the flight details like the last 5 minutes of Soccer Saturday :)

Some of my colleagues stuck in Stavanger, but they're looking into the Trains and ferry alternatives back to Switzerland.

I'm booked on a flight to Manchester tomorrow evening, but I won't know until the morning if its flying or not.

So i've looked at the Train and Eurostar from Zurich to Sheffield and it'd cost me an arm and a leg, but thats irrelevant because I don't think they're taking bookings at the moment as they're fully booked!

All flights are cancelled until 07:00 tomorrow but there's no promises that they won't remain cancelled after that time.

BBC: Icelandic volcanic ash alert grounds UK flights

All flights in and out of the UK and several other European countries have been suspended as ash from a volcanic eruption in Iceland moves south.

Up to 4,000 flights are being cancelled with airspace closed in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark among others.

The UK's air traffic control service (Nats) said no flights would be allowed in or out of UK airspace until 0700 BST on Friday amid fears of engine damage.

The airspace restriction was the worst in living memory, a spokesman said.

Nats suggested that the restrictions were unlikely to be lifted after 0700, saying saying it was "very unlikely that the situation over England will improve in the foreseeable future"...

/snip

Met Office forecaster Philip Avery said the ash could take several days to clear.

There are some amazing pictures of the volcano on Flickr... not likely to make you feel better like but it's better than crashing!

When you consider the recent large volcanic eruptions - Pinatubo in 1991, Mount St Helens in the 80's, Kilauea in Hawaii and Etna in Italy both of which are at it all the time, to name a few, there are many more - doesn't it strike you as odd that there's never been a blanket grounding of air traffic before for...a-hem... 'ash'?

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories (no, no, come on I'm not that bad... :rolleyes: ) but just supposing 'someone' wanted complete freedom of airspace over Northern Europe for a couple of days to carry out some type of clandestine activity, the like of which we can only speculate on, away from the prying eyes of commercial pilots and passengers, wouldn't this be a perfect cover story...?

But, nah, it's probably kosher and they can't be arsed to hose all the planes down when they're covered in shit. ;)

Officially my flight has not been cancelled, yet. That's a 3 letter word I could have done without! Stress :)

If the flights don't go by Sat, it looks like my last option will be a hire car from Zurich to Sheffield...

Mousey, If they're still not landing in UK then if you can get diverted to Switzerland I'll drive it, should only take about 12 hours but depends on the Channel tunnel not being fully booked

If the flights don't go by Sat, it looks like my last option will be a hire car from Zurich to Sheffield...

Mousey, If they're still not landing in UK then if you can get diverted to Switzerland I'll drive it, should only take about 12 hours but depends on the Channel tunnel not being fully booked

I feel your pain man, no Trains from Worksop to Sheffield running early enough to make the Kickoff, could you divert off the M1 to Worksop to pick two more up ?

I can't reschedule because there are no flights availabe on friday...

Flights !!, Flights !!, there was a time when all you lot needed was one of these

coliser_vikings_boat.jpg

No Ambition

Cheers Eckington... Looks like I still won't be seing us play at the Sty!

Flights to and from most UK airports are to stay suspended until at least 1900 BST because of ash from a volcano in Iceland, air traffic officials say.

This is an update as of 1am Brazil time (5am BST). Shit.

Flights !!, Flights !!, there was a time when all you lot needed was one of these

coliser_vikings_boat.jpg

No Ambition

Hahaha, we looked at driving to London and just leaving my old car there but in the end it would be extremely expensive.

THE TICKETS are still in LONDON! THEY WILL NOT BE GOING TO SHEFFIELD!

My Flights been confirmed as cancelled now! Swiss Air aren't taking bookings for Sat and Sunday is looking like GBP 1000 return.

However, just seen that the Eurostar website is back up and taking bookings again...

May seem shit at the moment, but just think of the kudos in 15 years time when someone, somewhere starts a thread about reasons for not being able to attend a match.

Volcanic Eruption will trump "traffic jam" or "train didn't show" every time!

May seem shit at the moment, but just think of the kudos in 15 years time when someone, somewhere starts a thread about reasons for not being able to attend a match.

Volcanic Eruption will trump "traffic jam" or "train didn't show" every time!

Ha ha you're right Grecian, alternatively when the thread "most effort taken to get to a game gets started" i'll be able to state, walked 800 miles and swan the tunnel to get to the game.

Hahaha, we looked at driving to London and just leaving my old car there but in the end it would be extremely expensive.

THE TICKETS are still in LONDON! THEY WILL NOT BE GOING TO SHEFFIELD!

Hi Lund,

If your definately not able to make it to the game, could a ticket be posted today by someone to Sheffield? Please PM me as I still desperately need a ticket!

Back
Top Bottom