A couple of positives..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say I thought we played pretty well first 20 minutes.

First goal knocked some confidence out of us and heads had hit the floor by the 3rd.

Second half is unacceptable but sort of saw it coming.
I think our tactics of keeping it tight against the megastore clubs are spot on. The second half display was appalling. Hecky deciding to go toe to toe with Newcastle was ridiculous given the scoreline. In a cup game it would have been acceptable, but today it just left us hopelessly exposed. I remarked at half time that going to a flat back four when chasing games has never worked, ever since Wilder came in.

That’s why I was annoyed at losing to Lincoln City in the cup. We should be looking to have a good go at the cup runs knowing this season we will get nothing in the Prem.
Pre season shouldn't be about performances and results, but the warning signs were there. We played poorly, couldn't string two passes together, couldn't score, let in cheap goals. It continued into the start of the season, then the shameful embarrassment that was Lincoln, now this. Sadly only one person has to take the blame for all of this on the pitch.

Southampton had

Ralph Hasenhüttl...​

not

Ralph Heckingbottom...​

or an owner(s) who really aren't that bothered.

On the bright side if West Sham only put 7 past us we can talk about "the green shoots of recovery."

First 20 minutes we looked decent and McAtee in particular looked really creative. For a brief spell, our midfield showed some encouraging link up play.

Baldock doesn't let Gordon take the absolute piss like that.

Today was just one game.
A game we expected nothing from and got nothing from.
There's still loads of football left to play and we've shown some good signs in the first half a dozen games.

I genuinely can't imagine us being any worse than that. In fact, we haven't been that bad all season. We've competed pretty well up to this weekend.

Beyond the above, I am struggling for positives.
I could list the negatives but it's been done to death.

We need to stick together.
This season was always going to be a struggle but the medium term future of the club is secured because of the miracles pulled off by Heckingbottom & co. last season.
The off pitch management of this club is a shambles.

The playing staff have earned our support and they have plenty of credit left in the bank.
Don't turn on them.

I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say I thought we played pretty well first 20 minutes.

First goal knocked some confidence out of us and heads had hit the floor by the 3rd.

Second half is unacceptable but sort of saw it coming.

Lets be right those early chances we had are ones we need to put away at this level.

Not sure how you get it into a players head that at Premier League level you have to take those chances.

Hopefully this result can kick everyone's arse into gear as it did Southampton. Every time I try and put a positive spin on it though, I cannot escape the voice reminding me that they didn't have the same handicaps holding them back i.e. a skint owner and a paper thin squad seriously lacking in quality in depth.

I'm not expecting a squad full of stars, 2 international players for each position, but or starting 11 aside, we have absolutely no quality in the squad, and there lies our problem. Whilst I am a bit shell shocked about the scoreline, I was expecting a loss anyway and the scoreline alone isn't cause for panic IMO - it's worth remembering that Man U got pumped 7 nil by Liverpool for example and sometimes teams do have an off day which is an absolute horror show. I am just very concerned about the lack of depth.

Another one, Bournemouth finished 15th after losing 0-9 to Liverpool.

This has probably helped Hecky in his list of teams to have a right go at.

It’s now probably Luton, Wolves, Burnley and Bournemouth and possibly Everton.

The rest we probably need to play like we did vs City and Spurs.

Learns :-

1. All the wise old sages on ere clammering for a go at a back 4 can finally admit that it’s not in our DNA as a club. 3 at the back, even when 10-0 down is a given and must be ad Infinitum !

2. Hamer is not a significant upgrade on Berge. If at all.

3. Archer is not a significant upgrade on Sharp. If at all.

4. Oli N is a decent Championship quarter back. Nothing more.

5. Anel is not a RB.

6. The impact of losing our star man Ili can not be overstated !!

7. When we go down, not if, we absolutely have to get our squad assembled well ahead of the start of the season. It’s almost as if we are having our pre season during the first 6 - 8 weeks of the actual season 😡.

8. I’m not doing an 8 😂.

UTB

Learns :-

1. All the wise old sages on ere clammering for a go at a back 4 can finally admit that it’s not in our DNA as a club. 3 at the back, even when 10-0 down is a given and must be ad Infinitum !

2. Hamer is not a significant upgrade on Berge. If at all.

3. Archer is not a significant upgrade on Sharp. If at all.

4. Oli N is a decent Championship quarter back. Nothing more.

5. Anel is not a RB.

6. The impact of losing our star man Ili can not be overstated !!

7. When we go down, not if, we absolutely have to get our squad assembled well ahead of the start of the season. It’s almost as if we are having our pre season during the first 6 - 8 weeks of the actual season 😡.

8. I’m not doing an 8 😂.

UTB
Without stating the obvious,we're going to suffer big style for being unprepared for the standard of football in this division.Unfortunately,if we don't find someone with the tactical nous to change things,yesterday's result won't be the last one of it's kind.If not within the club..........

Definitely a couple of positives from yesterday.......
#1 - The Reet Pale in The Rutland before the game was magnificent.
#2 - The Reet Pale in The Rutland after the game was magnificent.

Losing 3 of the first 5 games at the death against Forest,Man City and Spurs looks as though it has sucked the life out of the entire squad.The loss of the five points that we had worked so hard for seems to have killed the belief,we need strong characters to get us through but,unfortunately,i don’t think we have them in the current group.

Back
Top Bottom