A chaotic mess (a good job we have only sold 2200)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I got I.D checked but was at my seat with30 seconds of queuing to get in.
Great atmosphere and the fans really backed the players, emotional at the beginning with a good talk from Gary Sinclair about people
both clubs have lost.
Should it have been £40 - not really.
Was it worth it - absolutely Yes.

Entertaining game and great to be back.

UTB

Straight in no checks. Sat with Mrs Norks and our Jack. Most families were sitting together. More atmosphere than I expected. Rendition of a couple of Wilder songs before kick off. Really enjoyed the game and so much better than watching on TV. Thought Robinson was superb.
No booing at the end, just loud cheers. Great to be back home, but by I've got nesh in the last 15 months, it was flipping cold.

Got a ticket today eventually. No ID check straight in. More than I thought there would be in our usual Westfield Corner. Atmosphere pretty good, and singing our anthem particularly spontaneously towards the end really got me. Good to be back and to see a win. Totally understand those who didn’t want to go and hope the board take the message that £40 is too much for a relegated side

Got a ticket today eventually. No ID check straight in. More than I thought there would be in our usual Westfield Corner. Atmosphere pretty good, and singing our anthem particularly spontaneously towards the end really got me. Good to be back and to see a win. Totally understand those who didn’t want to go and hope the board take the message that £40 is too much for a relegated side

Hopefully they don't have the chance to charge that much for another relegated side.

Straight in no checks. Sat with Mrs Norks and our Jack. Most families were sitting together. More atmosphere than I expected. Rendition of a couple of Wilder songs before kick off. Really enjoyed the game and so much better than watching on TV. Thought Robinson was superb.
No booing at the end, just loud cheers. Great to be back home, but by I've got nesh in the last 15 months, it was flipping cold.
robinson was excellent today and will be good enough to cover that position in the championship if joc isnt fit for the start of the season

Great day out and some weird observations from the day:
*The club shop was shut and there were no programmes on sale. Stewards were telling people that you can go to meadowhall to buy one!
*The seats on the kop were covered in 16 months of dirt. There was a lady steward and a cleaner coming round offering to clean your seat. Apparently pigeons have been nesting in the roof.
*I do worry all this black paint that has been slapped every where will peel off and look horrendous in a couple of years.

*The club shop was shut and there were no programmes on sale. Stewards were telling people that you can go to meadowhall to buy one!
*The seats on the kop were covered in 16 months of dirt. There was a lady steward and a cleaner coming round offering to clean your seat. Apparently pigeons have been nesting in the roof.
*I do worry all this black paint that has been slapped every where will peel off and look horrendous in a couple of years.

Inconsistent approach to masks too. I saw stewards approaching fans whose masks weren't fully covering their nose and mouths while there were other fans further down not wearing them at all.

Inconsistent approach to masks too. I saw stewards approaching fans whose masks weren't fully covering their nose and mouths while there were other fans further down not wearing them at all.
75% of the stewards in the JSS didn't have masks over their noses from what I saw.

It made me laugh how the stewards outside the ground in the fresh air were masked up, but the coppers stood next to them weren't?!

Also noticed the flags and banners on the Kop were down. No Billy Sharp Scores Goals

Also noticed the flags and banners on the Kop were down. No Billy Sharp Scores Goals

That's not been there for ages. They took it down to put it on the seats, I think it was before they had all the bit posh seat cover banners made, then they got made, it got moved but it didn't go back up. I imagine the others were the same, and obviously the Wilder related ones have gone.

Hopefully in a cupboard for a return for next season.

There were a couple of people near us without masks, but they had exemption lanyards on.

Well I loved it, being back at the Lane. No problem getting in, sat in the BLUT (in the corner section) for the first time ever, great view of the pitch. When we all started singing "Greasy Chip Butty" it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Some great noise, singing and chanting, usually started by the Kop and quickly spread around the ground.

For me, it was fitting that David McGoldrick, our only real goal threat all season, scored in front of the only live crowd of the season. It was also fitting that our most improved player, Rammers, kept a clean sheet, what a keeper he is turning out to be.

The award for the surprise package has to go to Jack Robinson, who was outstanding yesterday, he bailed us out on at least two occasions when Burnley almost scored.

Up The Blades.

Such a shame we've not had the foresight to let fans in today for the u23s - we probably could have beaten the 2.2k!

Like most others that went I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, the atmosphere, the game and the pre and post match beers.

I didn't have my I.D checked either but I reckon that was down to the poor ticket sales.

I'm guessing the I.D requirement was to try and stop people selling tickets on for a fat profit when they had sold out in nothing flat.

As we all know it didn't quite work out that way.

I'm still buzzing this morning and I can't wait for August.

Edit: Oh, and it was bloody cold as well !!!

So a bespoke/personalised cleaning service was included, but people were complaining about ticket price?!

Were the mobile tickets barcodes/QR codes or were they contactless?

The club shop was shut and there were no programmes on sale. Stewards were telling people that you can go to meadowhall to buy one!

That steward was definitely our Neil still telling some of our fans where to go on a weekend.

It could be that £5k included the corporate hostility numbers.

It looked more than 2000 to be fair. Good game from our perspective. Enjoyed watching Jebbison in real life, and I thought generally we played quite well.

I know Burnley may have been "on the beach" but they looked awful
There were only 98 Corporate tickets at an eye watering £210 a pop. (That’s about 70% more than last season in the plat and the menu was far worse) Needless to say I didn’t bother with that! The 5086 is the number that they were showing on the website as available on Saturday when they went on General sale but as everyone has said there were far fewer there. We were in the BLUT and there was hardly anyone up there. Kop looked very sparse but John Street had a few. I suspect the 2200 was right. The figures quoted elsewhere are made up. Like MOTD showed 8,000! Yeah right.

Mine was a QR code. Worked in the same way as my season ticket. Phone in the scanner and in you go.
Yeah mine worked fine on the iphone. Once I’d worked out I needed to shove it in the reader like a ticket!

There were only 98 Corporate tickets at an eye watering £210 a pop. (That’s about 70% more than last season in the plat and the menu was far worse) Needless to say I didn’t bother with that! The 5086 is the number that they were showing on the website as available on Saturday when they went on General sale but as everyone has said there were far fewer there. We were in the BLUT and there was hardly anyone up there. Kop looked very sparse but John Street had a few. I suspect the 2200 was right. The figures quoted elsewhere are made up. Like MOTD showed 8,000! Yeah right.

These are the prices from when we were in the Championship so £210 doesn't seem that far off?

_20210524_120437.JPG

It's easy enough to estimate the crowd. If it really was 5,000 then it means that (given that the South Stand was closed) that about 1 in 4 seats should have been filled. If it was 2,000 then it means that about 1 in 10 seats was filled. From what I saw, it definitely looked more like the latter.

Back
Top Bottom